Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: voting and the olympics

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.drudgereport.com/busholympics.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classy....

Make fun of handicapped people bman, it's very big of you....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last time someone posted that picture there was a barrage of posts against it being there. I hope this thread gets locked quickly.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:57 PM
    [b] Classy....

Make fun of handicapped people bman, it's very big of you.... [/b][/quote]
    That sure sounds like "Political Correctness" to me. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    come on!
    bush is slightly retarded..
    we applaud him if he manges to NOT mess up speaking at the debates..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 02:13 PM
    [b] come on!
    we applaud him if he manges to NOT mess up speaking at the debates.. [/b][/quote]
    Do you have any idea how offensive you are? This isnt being PC either, thats just friggin rude

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok..so I'm the first person to bring up Bush's lack of brain cells...
    I am comparing him to mentally handicapped person in high school,.,,YES..
    do you remember back in school when special ed. kids would sometimes be in a regular class at times..and everybody would be happy if he got an answer right? That's BUSH...
    We have completely lowered out demand of excellence in the president..The man is stupid! so as long as he doesn't stumble too much than we applaud!
    if that offends you than that is your problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    apologies if I offended anyone..Just doing some harmless Bush bashing!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 02:40 PM
    [b] apologies if I offended anyone..Just doing some harmless Bush bashing! [/b][/quote]
    No worries, no offense taken.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 03:40 PM
    [b] apologies if I offended anyone..Just doing some harmless Bush bashing! [/b][/quote]
    No offense taken here, but I'm not handicapped. Bash Bush all you want. I knew what your point was, but... ya know?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 02:13 PM
    [b]come on!
    we applaud him if he [b]manges[/b] to NOT mess up speaking at the debates..[/b][/quote]
    That's the same way we feel when you can actually get through a post without "butchering the english language." :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:57 PM
    [b] Classy....

Make fun of handicapped people bman, it's very big of you.... [/b][/quote]
    That's not the half of it:

[b]Democrat poster compares Bush to mentally handicapped[/b]

A Democratic incumbent Tennessee state legislator is circulating a disgusting anti-Bush poster, and his Republican challenger is demanding he stop, and issue a public apology. Here's his emailed press release:

Republican nominee for State House District 82, Dave Dahl, denounced a flyer distributed by Democrat State Representative Craig Fitzhugh that attacks Bush voters and mocks those who are mentally challenged (flyer included). "Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting," said Dave Dahl on Monday from his campaign office in Dyersburg.

The flyers have been distributed for at least 2 weeks from State Representative Craig Fitzhugh's campaign office on the town square in downtown Ripley, which also serves as the Kerry-Edwards campaign headquarters. Dahl said, "At first I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted."

Dahl said, "In my first campaign against Mr. Fitzhugh two years ago, the Democrats conducted a negative telephone poll on my then five year old adopted daughter because she was born in Texas and not in Tennessee. I guess I should not be surprised that Mr. Fitzhugh and his crowd would attack Bush voters and call them 'retarded.' This is how the Democrats do business." Dave Dahl continued, "The single minded plan for Mr. Fitzhugh and the Democrats in Tennessee is to attack Republican voters, attack those supporting Republican candidates and to ignore the real issues of the day: jobs, prescriptions drugs costs, education, security at home and taxes."

"This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults," said Dahl.

Dahl concluded, "My heart goes out to the millions of families who have children and loved ones with special needs. To have their family members mocked in this manner is inexcusable and wrong from any perspective. These kinds of issues cross all political and social boundaries. I call on Mr. Fitzhugh to issue a public apology."Don't be surprised, Dave, if there's no apology forthcoming. Democrats rarely apologize for such disgusting tactics, and are less likely to do so in this campaign season marked by their extreme hatred for George W. Bush.

Memo to the voters in Fitzugh's state house district: Even if you are a Democrat, do you really want someone representing you who allows or even encourages his campaign to distribute such a deeply offensive poster?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 02:40 PM
    And Political Correctness (the primary weapon of one-world Liberalism and Multiculturalism) wins out again. :(

How dare someone make FUN of anyone who could possibly, in some way, in any small minute amount, be OFFENDED!!! OH NO!!! Humour at the "expense" of others is the tool of evil, doncha know!

Like all the instances of Political Correctness (the banning of free thought and speech through group pressure), the "offensive" speaker is debased and forced to scrape at the bootheel of One-World Everyone-Equal Liberal thought.

I guess even the most staunch of Conservatives can fall into the hideous depths of Liberalism when it's their guy being mocked. Certainly, there has been little outrage over the literally hundreds of pictures mocking Kerry in similar ways (and their shouldn't be, free speech must remain free, even if it offends).

And before you give me the "Well, it's MY Free Speech to say stop it" line of B.S., it is NOT your right to tell others what they can and cannot say simply because it offends you. You can say it offends you and why and ask them to stop it, but to try in any way to stop someone from having the right to express their opinions is WRONG.