Thread: JOHNNY LIEBER

BIG JON LIEBER

Hall Of Fame
    Like i said before Lieber is underrated! This man owns the Sox!

All Pro
    JOHNNY O WITH THE JACK

JOHNNY L WITH THE DISH

TAGTEAM :lol: B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He is proving himself as one of those $$$$$$$ pitchers

A Yankee pitcher!!

Maxman
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 13 2004, 11:48 PM
    He is proving himself as one of those $$$$$$$ pitchers

A Yankee pitcher!!
    Rumor has it that work has begun on his Yankee-Opgraphy.

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 14 2004, 12:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 14 2004, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet@Oct 13 2004, 11:48 PM
    He is proving himself as one of those &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036; pitchers

A Yankee pitcher&#33;&#33;
    Rumor has it that work has begun on his Yankee-Opgraphy. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 13 2004, 10:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 13 2004, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet@Oct 13 2004, 11:48 PM
    He is proving himself as one of those &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036; pitchers

A Yankee pitcher&#33;&#33;
    Rumor has it that work has begun on his Yankee-Opgraphy. [/b][/quote]
    To be on YES immediately after the Series&#33;

He&#39;s earned himself a nice pay day following the season. Prove you can step up in big games vs. the Sox and George will make you a rich man.

Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 07:15 AM
    Prove you can step up in big games vs. the Sox and George will make you a rich man.
    Truer words have never been spoken

Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 05:15 AM
    He&#39;s earned himself a nice pay day following the season. Prove you can step up in big games vs. the Sox and George will make you a rich man.
    I would say that it&#39;s now a given that the Yankees will pick up that &#036;8 million option on him for 2005. He only made 3.2 million this season, and the Yanks found a bargain, based on his work last night.

Moose, Brown, Lieber are in the rotation next year, along with Vasquez. 1 spot left, for either RJ, Pavano, or Halsey, IMO.

Originally posted by mbn007+Oct 14 2004, 06:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Oct 14 2004, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 05:15 AM
    I would say that it&#39;s now a given that the Yankees will pick up that &#036;8 million option on him for 2005. He only made 3.2 million this season, and the Yanks found a bargain, based on his work last night.

Moose, Brown, Lieber are in the rotation next year, along with Vasquez. 1 spot left, for either RJ, Pavano, or Halsey, IMO. [/b][/quote]
    Isn&#39;t one of Oakland big arms going to be on the FA market? I&#39;m not 100% sure about that but I remember hearing at some point during the season that one of them would be a FA.

Either way, I like the spot we&#39;re in for today and next season.

Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 05:59 AM
    Isn&#39;t one of Oakland big arms going to be on the FA market? I&#39;m not 100% sure about that but I remember hearing at some point during the season that one of them would be a FA.

Either way, I like the spot we&#39;re in for today and next season.
    I believe that after 2005, 2 of the 3 are free agents, and the other is after 2006. Not 100%, but I think so.

After another failure this year, I think Billy Beane, Mr. Moneyball himself, finally bites the bullet and trades 1 of the big 3 for a solid hitter, or closer. Zito is the most likely to go, as I believe that Hudson and Mulder are the 2 the A&#39;s really want to keep, along with Harden.

free agent pitchers following the 2004 season

John Burkett(Retired)

Jimmy Haynes

Jose Mercedes

Garret Stephenson

Gene Stechshulte

Robert Person

Nelson Cruz
    Jeff D&#39;Amico
    Joey Hamilton
    Rick Helling(Retired)
    Paul Abbott
    Aaron Myette
    Aaron Sele
    Andy Ashby
    Scott Elarton
    Derek Lowe

Pedro Martinez

Esteban Loaiza

Kevin Appier

Brad Radke

Orlando Hernandez
    Tanyon Sturtze
    Jon Lieber (Team Option)

Kevin Jarvis

Paul Byrd
    Pat Hengten(Retired)

Elmer Dessens(Team Option)
    Ryan Dempster (Team Option)
    Shane Reynolds

Steve Sparks

Russ Ortiz

Matt Clement

Jimmy Haynes

Cory Lidle
    Carl Pavano
    Roger Clemens

Kevin Millwood

Kris Benson
    Jaret Wright
    Chris Carpenter
    Jose Lima
    Matt Morris

Woody Williams (Team Option)

Ismael Valdez

Dustin Hermanson
    Paul Wilson
    Brett Tomko (Team Option)
    Pedro Astacio
    LHSP:
    Steve Avery
    Nick Neugebauer
    Randy Keisler
    Omar Daal
    Shawn Estes
    Glendon Rusch
    Ron Villone

John Halama

Darren Oliver

Wilson Alvarez
    Dennys Reyes
    Al Leiter (Mutual Option)

Eric Milton

Sterling Hitchcock(RETIRED)

David Wells

Odalis Perez

Some good players on that list but one that jumps out at me is Eric Milton for a couple of reasons.

1. He had a solid season

2. We need a lefty

3. After being dealt by the Yanks he said it was his dream to play for them and thats why he got a Yankee tattoo on his left shoulder

Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 06:18 AM
    free agent pitchers following the 2004 season...........

Is this list correct? How did a guy like Randy Kiesler and Gene Stechshulte and Nelson Cruz get on? They don&#39;t have 6 seasons in the majors yet?

Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 06:20 AM
    Some good players on that list but one that jumps out at me is Eric Milton for a couple of reasons.

1. He had a solid season

2. We need a lefty

3. After being dealt by the Yanks he said it was his dream to play for them and thats why he got a Yankee tattoo on his left shoulder
    Milton is not worth &#036;8 - &#036;10 million per.

Originally posted by mbn007+Oct 14 2004, 07:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Oct 14 2004, 07:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 06:20 AM

1. He had a solid season

2. We need a lefty

Milton is not worth &#036;8 - &#036;10 million per. [/b][/quote]
    No way, but do we know thats what he&#39;ll be asking? Payrolls are dropping and teams aren&#39;t throwing money around the way they did a couple of seasons ago. I think Milton gets &#036;5-7 mil....still a bit high but not in the 10 mil range. We&#39;ll see.

As far as the list goes, maybe some of those other guys are FA for being released and not having a team??

I found it on a site that said the list was per Peter Gammons.