Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arroyo is dead meat

The Yankees are gonna absolutely bludgeon this kid

Sorry fellas, I just have to speak the truth here ...

No skinny little white kid who wears his hair in cornrows is gonna beat the NY Yankees in the ALCS

NOT HAPPENIN

I mean, think about it ... here's some middle class white kid who's actually so confused about his own race {sort of like a white rapper} that he wears his hair in cornrows, and he's gonna save the Red Sox bacon verses the NY Yankees ... in the ALCS ... IN A MUST WIN ... and with the eyes of the world upon him?

Ummm, I don't think so

I mean, let's be real ... this is the kid who's being asked to save the Red Sox season? ... Vanilla Ice? :lol:

THE YANKEES ARE GONNA BLOW THIS KID UP!!!!!!!!!

I don't wanna hear about his stuff ... the Yankees are gonna bludgeon this young man

If your scared say your scared.

The kid did not crumble in any of the starts against the Yanks this year. The Sox are 4-0 in his starts.

The Yankee mystique is a fable. The D-Backs did not crumble under it, nor did the angels or Marlins from last year.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 14 2004, 10:01 AM
    If your scared say your scared
    :lol:

Bro, I'm being dead serious here ... I think the Yankees should be arrested for what their about to do to Vanilla Ice

We will see. Arroyo is a good pitcher who has been decent all year.

The Yanks could win, but it will be no worse then what the did to Schill.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 14 2004, 09:01 AM

The Yankee mystique is a fable. The D-Backs did not crumble under it, nor did the angels or Marlins from last year.
    You gotta be kidding me. The most storied franchise in the history of sports&#39; mystique is a fable? Why? Because they don&#39;t win the WS every single season? What a joke. 26 rings and their mystique is a fable <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wow

GJ&H making JonEJet look lide a reasonable Yankee fan.

HamDaHomer :lol:

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 14 2004, 10:22 AM
    Wow

I ask you sincerely ... is this guy gonna save the Red Sox season?

LOOK AT THIS GUY ... THE YANKEES ARE BLUDGEON THIS MAN&#33;&#33; :lol:

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 14 2004, 09:01 AM
    And, yet, the Red Sox succumb to it year after year.

It must really suck to be you in October, Toto.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Arroyo is Cuban I believe.

But yes, I get the idea. Bronson is in for a wake up call Friday night. He&#39;s a decent young pitcher but The Yankee lineup is a monster. Last year, You could get Karim Garcia and Boone out. But now, You have to deal with Sheffield and A-Rod. That&#39;s quite an upgrade from Garcia and Boone.

Everyone raves about The Boston lineup and it is very good but The Yankees lineup is just as strong.

By the way, The Yankees pitching got ripped by everybody but on paper, when healthy. This is a good staff.

Mussina, Leiber, Brown, El Duque and Vasquez are all proven major league starters. If Kevin Brown is healthy, He&#39;s been an ace his entire career and he looks like he&#39;s back his last 2 outings.

There&#39;s no way, Boston comes back in this series and wins. No way. Maybe you guys can avoid the humiliation of being knocked out on your own home turf. That&#39;s your last hope because a world series trip this year is out of the question.

You asked for us and you got us. Be careful what you wish for.

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 14 2004, 08:39 AM
    Last year, You could get Karim Garcia and Boone out. But now, You have to deal with Sheffield and A-Rod. That&#39;s quite an upgrade from Garcia and Boone.

Everyone raves about The Boston lineup and it is very good but The Yankees lineup is just as strong.

By the way, The Yankees pitching got ripped by everybody but on paper, when healthy. This is a good staff.

Mussina, Leiber, Brown, El Duque and Vasquez are all proven major league starters. If Kevin Brown is healthy, He&#39;s been an ace his entire career and he looks like he&#39;s back his last 2 outings.

There&#39;s no way, Boston comes back in this series and wins. No way. Maybe you guys can avoid the humiliation of being knocked out on your own home turf. That&#39;s your last hope because a world series trip this year is out of the question.

You asked for us and you got us. Be careful what you wish for.
    So true about the Yankee lineup, even without Giambi. There are no weak points. Even the bottom 3, Olerud, Cairo and Lofton, are most capable of doing some damage. One of the weaker links is Bernie, but I dare any pitcher to feed him a fastball in a clutch situation. Because if you do, it&#39;s coming back, a lot harder&#33;

Kind of interesting. The Yankees took on the 2 best the Bosox have to offer, and come out up 2-0. Now, we throw our 2 best, and let&#39;s see what happens.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 14 2004, 08:12 AM
    We will see. Arroyo is a good pitcher who has been decent all year.

The Yanks could win, but it will be no worse then what the did to Schill.
    You mean like score 7 runs in 3 innings? I would call that a beating if Arroyo has a line like that.

A pitcher with 32 career wins beat you twice in the WS last year.

A pitcher with a career total of 5.2 innings 2 years ago came in as a reliever in 2002 and won two games against the Yankees.

Arroyo might get rocked or he might pitch good. To think just because he is facing the Yankees he is going to get rocked is assanine.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 14 2004, 11:19 AM

A pitcher with a career total of 5.2 innings 2 years ago came in as a reliever in 2002 and won two games against the Yankees.

Arroyo might get rocked or he might pitch good. To think just because he is facing the Yankees he is going to get rocked is assanine.
    This is why the Yankees addressed the offense in the offseason.

Add Shef
    Add ARod
    Add Matsui (he is playing on a much higher level this year)
    Add Cairo (he is a much better hitter than Soriano)

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 14 2004, 09:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 14 2004, 09:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PFSIKH@Oct 14 2004, 11:19 AM

This is why the Yankees addressed the offense in the offseason.

Add Shef
    Add ARod
    Add Matsui (he is playing on a much higher level this year)
    Add Cairo (he is a much better hitter than Soriano) [/b][/quote]
    And, as oit turns out, the pitching and defense isn&#39;t too bad, not-with-standing the way Matsui played LF in Game 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 14 2004, 10:36 AM

Add Cairo (he is a much better hitter than Soriano)
    :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Has anything in this series thus far gone according to "plan" - aka, the way the experts see it? Nope. Watch Arroyo pitch the game of his life and Cabrera go five for five with a stolen base, three runs and tfour rbi&#39;s......

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 14 2004, 04:36 PM
    Has anything in this series thus far gone according to "plan" - aka, the way the experts see it? Nope. Watch Arroyo pitch the game of his life and Cabrera go five for five with a stolen base, three runs and tfour rbi&#39;s......
    I would be happy if Damon got his bat on the ball. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

Hall Of Fame
    Ham, you probably haven&#39;t watched Arroyo pitch much this year. This kid does look like he is legit and might very well surprise a lot of you this Friday night. He has nice movement on his curveball. As for the hair.........I agree. Not a good look.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 14 2004, 09:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 14 2004, 09:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet@Oct 14 2004, 10:22 AM
    Wow

[/b][/quote]
    Looks like a cross between vanilla ice and jay Fiedler

Originally posted by shawn306+Oct 14 2004, 09:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shawn306 @ Oct 14 2004, 09:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 14 2004, 09:33 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet
    @Oct 14 2004, 10:22 AM
    Wow

Looks like a cross between vanilla ice and jay Fiedler [/b][/quote]
    Arroyo cam throw harder and longer.