Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pedro's

Maxman
    Anyone see it?

I have to give him credit. He sat there and answered all the questions and seemed sincere.

I am the first one to blast him when he is an a$$. So I figured I would give him props for being a stand up guy after a tough loss.

I half expected him to blow that off also, like he did on Tuesday. But he stood there, and took it like a man.

Anyone notice that Francona is getting more "testy" at his daily press briefings? One more loss, and he will be suicidal.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pedro:

"It actually (Yankee fan taunting) made me feel really, really good... why are you laughing when I haven't finished answering the question yet?... I actually realized that I was somebody important, because I caught the attention of 60,000 people ... plus the whole world watching a guy that if you reverse the time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus. And today, I was the center of attention of the whole city of New York, I thank God for that... I respect them (Yankees fans). I don't regret anything. I kind of liked it. I don't like to brag, or talk about myself, but they did make me feel important today. I've seen a lot of people about this team, I feel so thankful I got their attention, and they got mine. I was really emotional, sometimes we don't realize who we really are and for me to be out the biggest stage in the world, at this moment only God can ask. I had the opportunity to show everybody that. My daddy brought me from the mango tree to the biggest stage in the world at the moment."

TomShane
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 14 2004, 11:35 AM
    Pedro:

"It actually (Yankee fan taunting) made me feel really, really good... why are you laughing when I haven't finished answering the question yet?... I actually realized that I was somebody important, because I caught the attention of 60,000 people ... plus the whole world watching a guy that if you reverse the time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus. And today, I was the center of attention of the whole city of New York, I thank God for that... I respect them (Yankees fans). I don't regret anything. I kind of liked it. I don't like to brag, or talk about myself, but they did make me feel important today. I've seen a lot of people about this team, I feel so thankful I got their attention, and they got mine. I was really emotional, sometimes we don't realize who we really are and for me to be out the biggest stage in the world, at this moment only God can ask. I had the opportunity to show everybody that. My daddy brought me from the mango tree to the biggest stage in the world at the moment."
    One word: BALLS

Curt should ask him about it sometime.

Hall Of Fame
    Good comments.

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 14 2004, 11:35 AM
    Pedro:

Translation: I want to play in the Bronx next year and leave this absolute joke of an organization

Personally I wouldn't mind having Pedro as a #2 or 3 starter....five or six strong innings and hand it over to the 'pen

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 11:52 AM

Translation: I want to play in the Bronx next year and leave this absolute joke of an organization

Personally I wouldn't mind having Pedro as a #2 or 3 starter....five or six strong innings and hand it over to the 'pen
    I read it exactly the same way.

For no other reason to add another dig to boston..this could happen!

Originally posted by JonEJet+Oct 14 2004, 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Oct 14 2004, 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AirForceJetFan@Oct 14 2004, 11:52 AM

Personally I wouldn&#39;t mind having Pedro as a #2 or 3 starter....five or six strong innings and hand it over to the &#39;pen
    I read it exactly the same way.

For no other reason to add another dig to boston..this could happen&#33; [/b][/quote]
    But, it would be a costly move to sign him. He will get a 2-3 year deal in the area of 12-15 mill per.

Ouch.

Don&#39;t get me wrong. He still is a top flight pitcher. Not the very best like he was for the past 6-7 seasons, but still on a very high level. And the fans here would love him like they loved Reggie. And with Sheff, Jeter, Posada, Mo, et al, we have guys who may be able to control him. Torre is the perfect Manager for him also.

But, I don&#39;t know. A part of me wants to try and get RJ, even at his age.

Maxman
    I am usually as forgiving as there is. But I am not ready for Pedro to wear Pinstripes.

Hall Of Fame
    ....and all of the World will see the Yankee Fans as the blow-hard hypocrites that most of you are. Pedro goes from "Who&#39;s your Daddy, head-hunter, old man bashing punk" to "loveable" with the change of a uniform.

Pathetic.

That said, I have told you all that Pedro is not a bad guy. Weird, but not bad.

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 14 2004, 12:33 PM
    ....and all of the World will see the Yankee Fans as the blow-hard hypocrites that most of you are. Pedro goes from "Who&#39;s your Daddy, head-hunter, old man bashing punk" to "loveable" with the change of a uniform.

Pathetic.

Its part of the rivalry. Just how it goes in all citites with rivals. Especially with the Yanks and Sox. Yankee fans hated Clemens and Boggs but we&#39;ll never forget the images of Boggs on the horse and Roger tipping his cap on top of the Yankee dugout following WS wins. I wouldn&#39;t over pay for Pedro but it would be nice to add him to the list of former Sox who know where to go if they want a ring. Personally I&#39;d rather see the Yanks get Nomar to play 2B.

Hall Of Fame
    Airforce - no way Nomar plays second. Too egotistical. You have a better chance of seeing Pedro in Pinstripes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The man is absolutely lobbying for Pinstripes next year...this year is over for him and he knows it.

Personally, seeing Pedro in Pinstripes would turn my stomach as much as seeing Clemmons.

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 14 2004, 01:03 PM
    Airforce - no way Nomar plays second. Too egotistical. You have a better chance of seeing Pedro in Pinstripes.
    Just like A-Rod would never move over to 3B Money and a chance to win can change a guys mind real quick.

pedro is a POS. I hate him. he just plays mind games when he talks.

TomShane
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 14 2004, 01:03 PM
    Garb, if Osama bin-Laden could hit the change-up, the Yanks would give him &#036;15mil per for five years tomorrow. :lol:

Maxman
    Originally posted by TomShane+Oct 14 2004, 05:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Oct 14 2004, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Garbanza@Oct 14 2004, 01:03 PM
    Garb, if Osama bin-Laden could hit the change-up, the Yanks would give him &#036;15mil per for five years tomorrow. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Dude that is the stupidest thing I have ever read.

The guy is always hooked up to a dialysis machine. He would clog up the bases running with that thing.

(Insert Jason Giambi joke here).

TomShane
    Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 14 2004, 04:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 14 2004, 04:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by TomShane@Oct 14 2004, 05:21 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Garbanza
    @Oct 14 2004, 01:03 PM

Garb, if Osama bin-Laden could hit the change-up, the Yanks would give him &#036;15mil per for five years tomorrow. :lol:
    Dude that is the stupidest thing I have ever read.

The guy is always hooked up to a dialysis machine. He would clog up the bases running with that thing.

(Insert Jason Giambi joke here). [/b][/quote]

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 14 2004, 12:33 PM

Pathetic.

Whn he&#39;s thrwing at the head&#39;s of one of our guys, he&#39;s an a**hole. But when he&#39;s helping Captain Caveman (Johnny Damon) to a much needed shave on the chin next year, I&#39;ll love him for it&#33;&#33;

Maxman
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Oct 14 2004, 07:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 &#064; Oct 14 2004, 07:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Garbanza@Oct 14 2004, 12:33 PM

Pathetic.

Whn he&#39;s thrwing at the head&#39;s of one of our guys, he&#39;s an a**hole. But when he&#39;s helping Captain Caveman (Johnny Damon) to a much needed shave on the chin next year, I&#39;ll love him for it&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Where the hell you been man? You weren&#39;t locked in 5Ever&#39;s basement this whole time I hope.