Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's only let the military vote this Nov.

Since the President is the CIC, and we're at war now, why not just let the military vote? They have the most to gain or lose.

[quote][b]President Bush retains overwhelming support among the military's professional core despite a troubled mission in Iraq and an opponent who is a decorated combat veteran, a Military Times survey of more than 4,000 readers indicates.

Bush leads Democratic Sen. John Kerry 73 percent to 18 percent in the voluntary survey of 4,165 active-duty, National Guard, and reserve subscribers.[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]Kerry has been hostile to the military; probably since Yale - and certainly so since he returned from Vietnam, led peacenik demonstrations, decried the American military as reeking with war criminals, and first ran for Congress. His 20-year Senate record - marking him as the Senate's most liberal member - is one of uninterrupted hostility to almost every military weapons system and almost every military enterprise proposed during that time. (A 1984 Kerry campaign memo has the candidate saying: "We are continuing a defense buildup that is consuming our resources with weapons systems that we don't need and can't use.")[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]Kerry voted in 1991 against the first Gulf War; he voted a year ago against $87 billion to continue funding - and backing troops in - the second one. Again and again he has voted to slash, by many billions, appropriations for an intelligence community he blames Bush for undermining. Repeatedly - perhaps most recently in the second debate - Kerry states that Bush fired Army Chief of Staff Gen. Eric Shinseki for saying the U.S. needed additional troops in Iraq, when Shinseki's retirement was announced 10 months before he called for more troops.[/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.townhall.com/columnists/rossmackenzie/rm20041014.shtml] read more here[/url]

what is this a heinlein novel?

"service guaruntees citizenship!"

5ever that's for you dog :lol:

TomShane
    Florida should be excluded from voting because of the obvious conflict of interest.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 06:56 PM
    [b] Florida should be excluded from voting because of the obvious conflict of interest. [/b][/quote]
    or because the citizens there aren't bright enough to puch holes in paper.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Oct 15 2004, 01:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Oct 15 2004, 01:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 06:56 PM
    [b] Florida should be excluded from voting because of the obvious conflict of interest. [/b][/quote]
    or because the citizens there aren&#39;t bright enough to puch holes in paper. [/b][/quote]
    or punch for that matter

[quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Oct 15 2004, 02:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Oct 15 2004, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 06:56 PM
    or because the citizens there aren&#39;t bright enough to puch holes in paper. [/b][/quote]
    That joke just never gets old for you, does it?

It was one county, and the ballot was approved by the superviser of elections who was a democrat.

[quote][b]Since the President is the CIC, and we&#39;re at war now, why not just let the military vote? They have the most to gain or lose.[/b][/quote]

Wait a second. I thought the millitary was "protecting America" and it&#39;s people at GW&#39;s direction. Seems if that was true, EVERY AMERICAN would potentially have alot to lose depending on the outcome of this election. Then there is that little problem called DEMOCRACY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your suggestion is completely assinine, and we are all stupider for having wasted three seconds of our lives reading (and now responding to) it.

[quote][i]Originally posted by BucJeff+Oct 15 2004, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (BucJeff @ Oct 15 2004, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Piper@Oct 15 2004, 02:09 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 06:56 PM
    That joke just never gets old for you, does it?

It was one county, and the ballot was approved by the superviser of elections who was a democrat. [/b][/quote]
    AND... since this usually leads to the whole "Bush didn&#39;t win. Gore actually won. blah blah blah" conversation... a 6-month study by a consortium of major newspapers shows that Bush would have won the Florida recount under ANY of the terms which Gore sought in his lawsuits. SO it still remains that the only election where there is proof of going to the actual LOSER is the Nixon/Kennedy election.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 05:48 PM
    [b] what is this a heinlein novel?

"service guaruntees citizenship&#33;"

5ever that&#39;s for you dog :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Ha ha, great Heinlein reference. A little Starship Troopers action...

How was Moon is a Harsh Mistress? You should read Double Star, Friday, Puppet Masters and the Cat Who Walks Through Walls.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 15 2004, 02:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 15 2004, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 05:48 PM

How was Moon is a Harsh Mistress? You should read Double Star, Friday, Puppet Masters and the Cat Who Walks Through Walls. [/b][/quote]
    Whats next a Dungeon&#39;s and Dragon&#39;s forum? :D :P

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Oct 15 2004, 02:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Oct 15 2004, 02:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 15 2004, 02:49 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 05:48 PM

How was Moon is a Harsh Mistress? You should read Double Star, Friday, Puppet Masters and the Cat Who Walks Through Walls. [/b][/quote]
    Whats next a Dungeon&#39;s and Dragon&#39;s forum? :D :P [/b][/quote]
    Hey, c&#39;mon now&#33; Yeah, I&#39;m a sci-fi geek. I&#39;m a punk music-lovin&#39;, sci-fi readin&#39;, guitar-playin&#39; conservative dynamo, got a problem with that??&#33; Well, the ladies sure don&#39;t&#33;:lol: (Wait, that doens&#39;t even make sense....)

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 15 2004, 02:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 15 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Oct 15 2004, 02:55 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 15 2004, 02:49 PM

Hey, c&#39;mon now&#33; Yeah, I&#39;m a sci-fi geek. I&#39;m a punk music-lovin&#39;, sci-fi readin&#39;, guitar-playin&#39; conservative dynamo, got a problem with that??&#33; Well, the ladies sure don&#39;t&#33;:lol: (Wait, that doens&#39;t even make sense....) [/b][/quote]
    I still cant believe you listen to the Archers of Loaf, that cracks me up.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Oct 15 2004, 03:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long &#064; Oct 15 2004, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 15 2004, 02:59 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Oct 15 2004, 02:55 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 15 2004, 02:49 PM

Hey, c&#39;mon now&#33; Yeah, I&#39;m a sci-fi geek. I&#39;m a punk music-lovin&#39;, sci-fi readin&#39;, guitar-playin&#39; conservative dynamo, got a problem with that??&#33; Well, the ladies sure don&#39;t&#33;:lol: (Wait, that doens&#39;t even make sense....) [/b][/quote]
    I still cant believe you listen to the Archers of Loaf, that cracks me up. [/b][/quote]
    Not only that, but my band in college covered their songs...and not only Web in Front, but stuff from Speed of Cattle and "You&#39;ve got it all wrong, you can&#39;t get it right..." (forget the name) and Telepathic Traffic, and that slow song in Icky Mettle "I&#39;ve been so down lately..." and "Strike up the band, turn off the random, calling out..."

Of course, White Trash Heroes is a GREAT song....

Archers rock....

I&#39;m all about Modest Mouse, Built to Spill and Pixies now, though...

All League
    Were you into any other Chapel Hill bands, Superchunk, Polvo?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Oct 15 2004, 02:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Oct 15 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Piper@Oct 15 2004, 01:09 PM
    or punch for that matter [/b][/quote]
    Going after typo&#39;s?

Truly highbrow stuff...

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Oct 15 2004, 03:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Oct 15 2004, 03:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Oct 15 2004, 02:15 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Piper@Oct 15 2004, 01:09 PM
    or punch for that matter [/b][/quote]
    Going after typo&#39;s?

Truly highbrow stuff... [/b][/quote]
    Just having fun Piper, no harm. I figure bman catches hell about it why not throw one the conservatives way. By the way, where is bman?

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 15 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] "You&#39;ve got it all wrong, you can&#39;t get it right..." (forget the name) [/b][/quote]
    Defiance?

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Oct 15 2004, 03:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Oct 15 2004, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jets5ever[/i]@Oct 15 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] "You&#39;ve got it all wrong, you can&#39;t get it right..." (forget the name) [/b][/quote]
    Defiance? [/b][/quote]
    "Wrong" is the name

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Oct 15 2004, 03:16 PM
    [b] Were you into any other Chapel Hill bands, Superchunk, Polvo? [/b][/quote]
    Superchunk are the grand-daddies of that scene, right? My buddy, who introduced me to AOL, had their CDs, but I don&#39;t know much about them.

There was also some other band from that area...I forget their name....they had a song with lyrics, "Find it hard to believe that there was a floor." I liked them.

(I wasn&#39;t exactly sober during this period in my life...though I did get good grades, bizarrely)

[quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Oct 15 2004, 04:26 PM
    [b]
    "Wrong" is the name [/b][/quote]
    nice.
    thanks.