Thread: The Yankees will really be Pedro Martinez's Daddy

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You wait and see, George is going to sign him. That's going to be the funniest thing in the history of The Yankee/Red Sox rivalry.

When Pedro is mowing down batters as a yankee. The fans will be chanting, WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!! :lol:

Maxman
    The Yankees are Champions because they make great business decisions. That is why Petite is on the Astros DL and not the Yankees.

Pedro will never play for the Yankees ever. I think the Yankees will be "interested" which in my opinion is an attempt to drive up his price for Boston. Who has to resign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Not if Carl Pavano or Eric Milton(a lefty who came up through the Yankee chain) or both take some serious cash from Steinbrenner. Why would you overpay for a 100 pitch/6 inning guy on the downside? His brother experienced arm trouble at exactly this point in his career. Oh, and he doesn't give a sh!t about conforming to anyone's rules, which will go over real big with Joe Torre. The Yanks middle relief has been awful, so now we're gonna get a guy who will never go 7 or 8 innings, as opposed to a horse like Milton or Pavano?

Milton, incidentally, still has a Yankee crest tattooed on his back.

Banned
    the top 3 FAs i know of for next year are Pedro, Pavano and Clement

I could care less about his aging, Pedro can still go 7 innings per game, and then the bullpen can take it from their

but signing any one of those 3 would be satisfying

um..........no. pedros arm is on the verge of falling off, and he is a disgrace and not worthy of putting on the pinstripes.

carl pavano said he won't come to new york, but once he sees the money offered, he could reconsider.

clement is just a decent pitcher. Pavano is awesome.

anyways, who cares. Moose, Lieber, Brown, Duque

pretty damn good

Hall Of Fame
    I dunno,Milton looks pretty good when you get that huge LF in Yankee Stadium and away form that nutball Bowa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/prof...le?statsId=5944

Maxman
    Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 14 2004, 09:57 PM
    Not if Carl Pavano or Eric Milton(a lefty who came up through the Yankee chain) or both take some serious cash from Steinbrenner. Why would you overpay for a 100 pitch/6 inning guy on the downside? His brother experienced arm trouble at exactly this point in his career. Oh, and he doesn't give a sh!t about conforming to anyone's rules, which will go over real big with Joe Torre. The Yanks middle relief has been awful, so now we're gonna get a guy who will never go 7 or 8 innings, as opposed to a horse like Milton or Pavano?

Milton, incidentally, still has a Yankee crest tattooed on his back.
    Pavano says he wants no part of NY.

Milton is not an option for this rotation. He is not an upgrade. He had an ERA of almost 5 in the NL this year. Not good. Plus he has been injured often. Missed almost all of 2003 and was DL'ed in 2002. To me he is an average lefty arm he will soon be 30 and has never reached his full potential.

Pavano isn't a lock either. But he is coming off 2 solid years and has pitched in 200 plus the past 3 years. He is a few years younger than Milton but probably isn't an option for NY.

The most important piece to the Yankees rotation next year? Javier Vasquez. He has to regain the 1st half form and not break down again.

Banned
    why doesnt Pavano want to go to NY?

Maxman
    Originally posted by blackout806@Oct 14 2004, 11:11 PM
    Not sure what the reason was. But that was the rumor last week.

TomShane
    We'll trade you Kris Benson for, you know, Ruben Rivera. Deal?

Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 14 2004, 09:05 PM
    I dunno,Milton looks pretty good when you get that huge LF in Yankee Stadium and away form that nutball Bowa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/prof...le?statsId=5944
    Milton, when healthy, is a horse who gives innings. But he's not worth 8-10 million per, which is what he wants. He has a career ERA of 4.76 or so. No thanks. Palvano, or revisit RJ, or give the #5 slot to a kid.

Brown, Moose, Vasquez and Lieber. Add either Halsey, RJ (which will cost you Halsey and others) or Pavano. Not Milton.

Sign El Duque and let him take it easy for 3 months. Then bring him up at the trade deadline, to fill in where needed. He is better then anyone you would pick up in July anyway.

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 14 2004, 10:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 14 2004, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806@Oct 14 2004, 11:11 PM
    Not sure what the reason was. But that was the rumor last week. [/b][/quote]
    He will change his mind when he sees George&#39;s green&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;. He won&#39;t get more elsewhere, unless the Yankees have no interest. But Pavano the past couple of seasons shows why he was a key ingredient in the Pedro trade with the BoSox way back when.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Steinbrenner loves adding ex Mets and Red Sox players. He will not be able to resist the temptation of signing Pedro to stick it to The Red Sox.

Remember Roger Clemons? Remember Wade Boggs?

I get a strange feeling that Pedro is going to be a Yankee next year.

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 15 2004, 05:11 PM
    Steinbrenner loves adding ex Mets and Red Sox players. He will not be able to resist the temptation of signing Pedro to stick it to The Red Sox.

not a chance.

flushingjet
    "petey" will probably not be a red sock next year. they will manage without him.

Originally posted by blackout806@Oct 15 2004, 02:11 AM
    Because he is a New Englander.

I hope the Sox make a run at a younger pitcher then Pedro.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50+Oct 15 2004, 08:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ErIcBaRtOn50 @ Oct 15 2004, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-YoungJetsFan@Oct 15 2004, 05:11 PM

not a chance. [/b][/quote]

WHY NOT?

If Boston doesn&#39;t resign him.

Why wouldn&#39;t The Yankees sign him? It&#39;s not El Duque and Kevin Brown are spring chickens.

Look at The Yankee history and look at our great owner.

Dwight Gooden, David Cone, Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs and the list goes on and on.

George loves collecting "trophies". That&#39;s what Pedro would be to him. People thought that they would never see Clemens in a Yankee uniform. If The Yankees signed Pedro. That would absolutely kill Red Sox fans. It would be so funny. George loves to rub it in people&#39;s faces. If Boston doesn&#39;t sign him. He&#39;s going to sign him. You wait and see. Remember when I stated this.

The Yanks are not going to shy away from Pedro because he is 32. Plus The Yanks always have the money to pay guys. They&#39;ll gladly give him 3 years and 30 million dollars. That&#39;s peanuts for George.

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 16 2004, 05:16 PM
    WHY NOT?
    Because EB thinks with his little head and not his big head.

For all the smoke blown by Yank-me fans, Pedro would be a fine addition to the Yankee staff. Yankee Fans take your head out of your a&#036;&#036;. Pedro had his worst year since 1996 and he would have been the ace of the staff. He had more starts, innings pitched, wins, strikesouts, pitches per start, lower WHIP :blink: , and lower ERA then any Yankee starter. Again, this was his worst year and first year with an ERA over 3 in 7 years. With your bullpen, he would be dynamite in Yankee pinstripes. Joe could monitor and keep him fresh by pulling him in the 6th or 7th and turn it over to the bullpen.

It would not kill me to lose Pedro. He is still a very good pitcher, but he is not what he once was and the blow would be a lot less. I thought it was imperative for him to be resigned before his September meltdown. Maybe it is me, but I would hate to see Trot or Tek in pinstripes. They are more the heart and soul of the team. Not Pedro.