Thread: Week 1 Scores

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LL's Jets 21 Barkus' Saints 0

A good game. The game was closer than the score would indicate. Barkus' skill at hitting passing plays such as slants and drags made me sweat a bit in this game. For stats of the game check out easports.com on our league page.

REMEMBER THAT WEEK 1 ENDS Thursday OCT 21 at 6:00pm eastern time!

LL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    CluJet's Colts 17 - IndianaJet's Packers 10

Great game. I gave up two picks, but I managed to pull this one off. IndianaJet had the ball with less then 2 minutes left, and no timeouts. He drove and got down to the two yard line, but time ran out before he could get a chance to score. Can't wait to see what week 2 holds in store.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hold on... the game didn't get counted when I checked the league.. But when IJ challenged me, it said tournament game..

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It may need some time to register on the website.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bitonti's Bengals 24
    TerryBadways' Titans 7

gg buddy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinny: A billion
    Jared: zero

Now I'm remembering why I stopped playing online against random folks, and this shouldn't be taken as a shot against Vinny, more just the nature of madden online: There are a handful of inside blitzes, which if called on a passing play, you might as well just skip that down and move onto the next one, because its nearly impossible for the line to pick up, and a safety or LB will squirt through between the C-G gap pretty much immediately. The bigger problem is that due to lack of responsiveness in online controls, you can't get the ball away.

Also it didn't help that pretty much nothing I did on offense, defense, or special teams worked.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jared, the people online are cheesy. They run back 30 yards till the reciever is open then throw the ball. They also do the studda step juke glitch where every defender misses tackles. Also, they block kicks, and punts even on max protect punt, so Fg's become non existant.

I didnt do any of that. But I did score 36. Even without my blitzes, did you think you would have outscored me? I dont like to be classified as one of those online players who cheese all game. There is a way to stop my blitzes, and many people do it, you just have to experiment with your blocking schemes. I threw like 8 different blitzes at you, so none of them were the same. Bitonti kills me when I blitz so there is a prime example.

Final score:

Vinny025's Chiefs-36
    Jared's Redskins-0

168 rushing yards for me, and that was the key to the game. GG Jared, I know you will get better, but please just dont put in the same catagorie as those elite cheese fest online players.

***Ps, before the season even started I cleared my blitzes with the commish before using them.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    - GAME OF THE WEEK -

Seahawks 31 - Rams 28 OT

The award has to go to this matchup. After being postponed for the yanks eventually blowing the series...this had more fireworks than game 7.

First off, I (Seahawks) was forced to use a different playbook out of my own stupidity. We played anyway. The Chad gets up to an early lead...we both muff punt returns that lead to touchdowns. At the half, the score was 17-7 Rams I believe.

After a weak first half, the Hawks come to be up 21-20 in the 4th quarter. The Rams strike right back with a TD and the 2pt. With about 30 seconds left in regulation the Hawks tie the game up at 28. Rams win the toss, drive up the field and miss a 54 yarder. Hawks drive into the red zone and kick a 35 yarder to win it.

Great Game The Chad.

The rematch is going to be sick.

-MartinCez aka DouchKillah

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jared@Oct 20 2004, 04:56 PM

Also it didn't help that pretty much nothing I did on offense, defense, or special teams worked.
    jared how much practice do you do with the redskins just out of curiousity? I know Vin is tough but if you play only with the Pats, playing with any other team is gonna be a letdown...

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Oct 20 2004, 05:59 PM
    There is a way to stop my blitzes, and many people do it, you just have to experiment with your blocking schemes.
    Other then keeping the backs/TE's in to block how else would you adjust your blocking schemes?

You can't move the OL or call OL audibles can you? Am I missing something here?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by IndianaJet+Oct 21 2004, 01:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (IndianaJet @ Oct 21 2004, 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025@Oct 20 2004, 05:59 PM
    There is a way to stop my blitzes, and many people do it, you just have to experiment with your blocking schemes.
    Other then keeping the backs/TE&#39;s in to block how else would you adjust your blocking schemes?

You can&#39;t move the OL or call OL audibles can you? Am I missing something here? [/b][/quote]
    You motion your rb&#39;s into the a, b, or c gaps and hike the ball,
    you can motion your TE across to right between the c and guard. You can call shotgun and hit a quick slant. You can try and motion a wr to get a quick release. you can motion to a run play that handles that assignement gap. There are many ways to counter "NANO" blitzes. Vinny has developed a few..but if you find the counters then it opens up a few things for you.

whatever team you have chosen...you&#39;d better practice with them. And if you chose NE...everyteam is a let down...you go from a 99 OVR rating to something less..

LL

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by latinlawyer+Oct 21 2004, 01:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (latinlawyer @ Oct 21 2004, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by IndianaJet@Oct 21 2004, 01:43 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025
    @Oct 20 2004, 05:59 PM

Other then keeping the backs/TE&#39;s in to block how else would you adjust your blocking schemes?

You can&#39;t move the OL or call OL audibles can you? Am I missing something here?
    you can motion your TE across to right between the c and guard. You can call shotgun and hit a quick slant. You can try and motion a wr to get a quick release. you can motion to a run play that handles that assignement gap. There are many ways to counter "NANO" blitzes. Vinny has developed a few..but if you find the counters then it opens up a few things for you.

whatever team you have chosen...you&#39;d better practice with them. And if you chose NE...everyteam is a let down...you go from a 99 OVR rating to something less..

LL [/b][/quote]
    Ok, sure, you can do all that.

But the way he put it "blocking schemes" I thought he ment you could actually adjust the O-Line&#39;s assignments.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by IndianaJet+Oct 21 2004, 05:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (IndianaJet @ Oct 21 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by latinlawyer@Oct 21 2004, 01:30 PM
    Originally posted by IndianaJet@Oct 21 2004, 01:43 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025
    @Oct 20 2004, 05:59 PM

You can&#39;t move the OL or call OL audibles can you? Am I missing something here?

LL
    Ok, sure, you can do all that.

But the way he put it "blocking schemes" I thought he ment you could actually adjust the O-Line&#39;s assignments. [/b][/quote]
    nah you cant adjust blocking schemes except for RB&#39;s, TE&#39;s and wr&#39;s. But you should use them to keep a nano in his place. Online you see a lot of this bs...you counter and move on

LL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its actually not a nano, and not bs Latinlawyer. I just do what NFL teams do, I overload a certain gap with two players. If you want me to not do this, I will surely stop. I can definalty win without them so just say the word.

Also, just motion a TE or FB into the gap and there you go.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a pile of problems, most of which aren&#39;t related to Vinny.

1) I seemed completely incapable of stopping the run

2) Two early blown coverages, one of which I had a complete brain fart on and forgot what play I was run, resulted in early scores for Vinny.

3) My entire first drive was shot to heck because I had the wrong QB starting. Stupid roster update screwed up my depth chart... grr...

4) That whole stopping the run thing?

5) I hate the shotgun. Because of this, the inside blitzes were especially effective.

6) You know, stopping the run is key.

Besides the two early blown plays, most of the game Vinny was just running over me. I believe it was the Packers playbook (Jumbo T?) where he&#39;d get Gonzo motioned out to block a CB, then run outside to that side, where the CB has no chance to get off the block.

As for my offensive woes, I dug myself a hole early with the defensive screw-ups, and felt a lot of pressure to get back into it. My running game was ok, but I couldn&#39;t get anything done passing, which is a problem trying to play catchup. When I did finally get the ball to the WRs, I had 2 or 3 key drops. Additionally, I don&#39;t play online much except against you guys, so I always have to re-get used to the laggy throwing online. Never get rid of the ball nearly as quickly as in practice mode.

And lastly, I&#39;d like to point out that the Patriots aren&#39;t even the highest rated in the game right now using current standings. I think they are like #3 or 4. No one on offense over 90 except Dillon and Brady. The thing I like about them is depth and ability to make use of sub-packages and multiple fronts. They have the DL and LB to run 3-4 or 4-3, and I like that versatility.

I may have to change playbooks to fit what I have available to me, on both offense and defense though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jared@Oct 22 2004, 01:02 AM
    I had a pile of problems, most of which aren&#39;t related to Vinny.

1) I seemed completely incapable of stopping the run

2) Two early blown coverages, one of which I had a complete brain fart on and forgot what play I was run, resulted in early scores for Vinny.

3) My entire first drive was shot to heck because I had the wrong QB starting. Stupid roster update screwed up my depth chart... grr...

4) That whole stopping the run thing?

5) I hate the shotgun. Because of this, the inside blitzes were especially effective.

6) You know, stopping the run is key.

Besides the two early blown plays, most of the game Vinny was just running over me. I believe it was the Packers playbook (Jumbo T?) where he&#39;d get Gonzo motioned out to block a CB, then run outside to that side, where the CB has no chance to get off the block.

As for my offensive woes, I dug myself a hole early with the defensive screw-ups, and felt a lot of pressure to get back into it. My running game was ok, but I couldn&#39;t get anything done passing, which is a problem trying to play catchup. When I did finally get the ball to the WRs, I had 2 or 3 key drops. Additionally, I don&#39;t play online much except against you guys, so I always have to re-get used to the laggy throwing online. Never get rid of the ball nearly as quickly as in practice mode.

And lastly, I&#39;d like to point out that the Patriots aren&#39;t even the highest rated in the game right now using current standings. I think they are like #3 or 4. No one on offense over 90 except Dillon and Brady. The thing I like about them is depth and ability to make use of sub-packages and multiple fronts. They have the DL and LB to run 3-4 or 4-3, and I like that versatility.

I may have to change playbooks to fit what I have available to me, on both offense and defense though.
    Well, between now and your next game, you should get a taste of the online competition. Practice and play with the Redskins exclusively. And yes, the pats d is phenominal online...if you dont believe me....look at people who play as the pats...they have little skill and rely on the game&#39;s AI. i have beaten quite a few pats posers who dont have madden skill and rely on that 99 ovr on defense.

Jared, you are a better player than that....you will evolve and learn from this game.

LL

P.S. please do not disconnect the game before you log off online...all that does is screw up the stats.