Thread: What Happened in Kerry's Vietnam Battles?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What Happened in Kerry's Vietnam Battles?

'Nightline' Speaks to Witnesses of Disputed Firefights

y ANDREW MORSE

Oct. 14, 2004 -- In the controversy over Sen. John Kerry's service in Vietnam, Americans have heard from Kerry, from the crew of the Navy Swift boats he commanded and from other Swift boat veterans who question the official account of a 1969 incident for which Kerry was awarded a Silver Star. But there is one group they have not heard from: the Vietnamese who were there that day.

According to the military citation, Kerry was awarded the medal for his actions during an intense firefight on Feb. 28, 1969, during which he shot and killed a Viet Cong fighter who was armed with a rocket launcher. Members of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth group have charged that the Viet Cong fighter was a teenager who was alone, who was not part of a numerically superior force, and who was already wounded and running away when Kerry shot him.

[b]"Nightline" traveled to Vietnam and found a number of witnesses who have never been heard from before, and who have no particular ax to grind for or against Kerry. Only one of them, in fact, even knew who Kerry is. The witnesses, all Vietnamese, are still living in the same villages where the fighting took place more than 35 years ago. A "Nightline" producer visited them and recorded their accounts of that day. The accounts were subsequently translated by a team of ABC News translators. [/b]

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Vote2004/story?id=166434&page=1]Link to rest of story[/url]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the MSM in this country feel the need to travel to Vietnam and talk to the "enemy" to get the "real" story on kerri....of course there is a big picture of kerri in the Ho Chi Mihn Museum as the "enemy" consider him a hero, and unlike the SwiftBoatVeterans for truth who have an axe to grind, the former NVA speak with little bias towards kerri. :lol:

Meanwhile they have been totally dismissive of all Vietnam Vets that speak out against, many of them decorated American war hero&#39;s, and refuse to let their story be heard.....once again helping to prove there is NO liberal bias in the press&#33; <_<

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is AMAZING&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Every word of your post came, verbatim, from Laura Ingram on this mornings show.

CBTNY.......are YOU Laura Ingram??? :blink:

By the way, why is it relevant that there may be a pic of Kerry in the "enemy&#39;s" war museam, but the story of the battle by the same "enemy" witnesses that may (or may not) backup Mr. Kerry is irrelevant? Aren;t the two one and the same, "enemy" speak?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 15 2004, 03:37 PM
    [b]
    By the way, why is it relevant that there may be a pic of Kerry in the "enemy&#39;s" war museam [/b][/quote]
    let&#39;s also not forget that the picture is IN the museum touting Kerry as a North Vietnamiese WAR HERO&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 15 2004, 02:37 PM
    [b] That is AMAZING&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Every word of your post came, verbatim, from Laura Ingram on this mornings show.

CBTNY.......are YOU Laura Ingram??? :blink:

[/b][/quote]
    Really? I didn&#39;t know she was on the air in the morning...she is usually on in NYC at 8PM....btw: she had me on and interviewed me after our counter protest 8/29.

[quote][b]By the way, why is it relevant that there may be a pic of Kerry in the "enemy&#39;s" war museam, but the story of the battle by the same "enemy" witnesses that may (or may not) backup Mr. Kerry is irrelevant? Aren;t the two one and the same, "enemy" speak?[/b][/quote]

Well yes...if you consider kerri the enemy&#33; If you can&#39;t figure out the answer to your statement after rereading it I can help you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Really? I didn&#39;t know she was on the air in the morning...she is usually on in NYC at 8PM....btw: she had me on and interviewed me after our counter protest 8/29.[/b][/quote]

Yep, here in D.C. she is on from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (or maybe 1:00 pm, I&#39;m not listening by that time since I cannot get that station in my office, only in my car).

[quote][b]Well yes...if you consider kerri the enemy&#33; If you can&#39;t figure out the answer to your statement after rereading it I can help you. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;ll try again:

Vietnamese Enemy #1: Has Pic in Museum, thinks Kerry helped Vietnam.

Vietnamese Enemy #2: Witness claims Kerry fought Well and honorably (who knows what they actually said as of yet).

Two enemies, two different views of Kerry. Why is one valid and accepted (the one that matches your political agenda) and one isn&#39;t (the one that contradicts, assumedly, the Swifties and your agenda). I don&#39;t think that is an odd or confusing question.