Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carl pavano doesn't want to be a NYY??

While keeping Carl Pavano may be the Marlins' most pressing offseason priority, they won't be the only team with his name atop their wish list. His agent debunked a recent report out of New York that said Pavano was not interested in pitching for either the Yankees or the Mets.
    -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Banned

Pedro
    Pavano
    Mussina
    Brown
    Leiber
    Vasquez

bullpen:
    El duque (unless Brown or Leiber gets injured again)
    Strurtze
    Quantrell
    Gordon
    Rivera

lets just pray :ph34r:

Originally posted by blackout806@Oct 16 2004, 01:40 PM

Pedro
    Pavano
    Mussina
    Brown
    Leiber
    Vasquez

bullpen:
    El duque (unless Brown or Leiber gets injured again)
    Strurtze
    Quantrell
    Gordon
    Rivera

lets just pray :ph34r:

SCREW PEDRO

he is a POS

Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 16 2004, 04:35 PM
    While keeping Carl Pavano may be the Marlins' most pressing offseason priority, they won't be the only team with his name atop their wish list. His agent debunked a recent report out of New York that said Pavano was not interested in pitching for either the Yankees or the Mets.
    Stop overreactting.

I am pretty sure his agent went to him and said to be politically correct if asked about where he would play because if he eliminates NYY, NYM or Boston, his price tag may not be as high as it possibly could be.

All League
    Pedro
    Pavano
    Mussina
    Brown
    Leiber
    Vasquez
    Vazquez should actually be the #1 starter next year. He'll get his shoulder repaired and work on his mechanics during the offseason.

I actually think the pitching staff is gonna look this way:

Mussina
    Vazquez
    Brown
    Matt Clement
    Leiber

Cashman isn't gonna spend the money it's gonna take to add both Beltran & Pavano. Clement will cost them significantly less, and he isn't much of a downgrade from Pavano.

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 16 2004, 01:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 16 2004, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 16 2004, 04:35 PM
    While keeping Carl Pavano may be the Marlins&#39; most pressing offseason priority, they won&#39;t be the only team with his name atop their wish list. His agent debunked a recent report out of New York that said Pavano was not interested in pitching for either the Yankees or the Mets.
    Stop overreactting.

I am pretty sure his agent went to him and said to be politically correct if asked about where he would play because if he eliminates NYY, NYM or Boston, his price tag may not be as high as it possibly could be. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

who&#39;s overreacting???

by taking a quote from a newspaper I am overreacting?

I think I touched a nerve

All League
    Pavano should come to New York

to play with the Mess--err my Mets :lol:

Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 16 2004, 07:09 PM

It is laughable. Someone says he does not want to goto NY and you thought enough of it to look for something to dispel the myth.

Hey, Schilling did not want to goto Boston either and yet he is there.

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 16 2004, 06:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH &#064; Oct 16 2004, 06:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 16 2004, 07:09 PM

It is laughable. Someone says he does not want to goto NY and you thought enough of it to look for something to dispel the myth.

Hey, Schilling did not want to goto Boston either and yet he is there. [/b][/quote]

actually you&#39;re wrong. I was looking through a derrick ward article and this was in the bottom of the page. I&#39;ll get the link

I was looking through this derrick ward article, scroll down, you&#39;ll see the part about pavano

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/scor...5/truth.rumors/

Banned
    I wouldn&#39;t have any problem with settling for Matt Clement, but Pavano is a few years younger and the Yankees need to have a good young pitcher (which we obviously lack in Vazquez)

Pavano&#39;s family is from Southington CT and he grew up a NY fan, some of you guys didnt know this, huh

Originally posted by blackout806@Oct 16 2004, 10:22 PM
    I wouldn&#39;t have any problem with settling for Matt Clement, but Pavano is a few years younger and the Yankees need to have a good young pitcher (which we obviously lack in Vazquez)

Pavano&#39;s family is from Southington CT and he grew up a NY fan, some of you guys didnt know this, huh
    :o

I heard he grew up a red sox fan

Banned
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50+Oct 16 2004, 09:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ErIcBaRtOn50 @ Oct 16 2004, 09:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806@Oct 16 2004, 10:22 PM

I heard he grew up a red sox fan [/b][/quote]
    someone who lives in the house next to his uncle said he was a Yankees fan

Originally posted by blackout806+Oct 16 2004, 11:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackout806 @ Oct 16 2004, 11:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 16 2004, 09:58 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806
    @Oct 16 2004, 10:22 PM

someone who lives in the house next to his uncle said he was a Yankees fan [/b][/quote]
    oh yeah&#33;

well.. my sisters best friend ex boyfriends grandfather was Pavano&#39;s mailman as a kid, and Pavano subscribed to the red sox fan club magazine.

Maxman
    The agents job is to keep NY in the mix. His client makes more money with NY in the mix.

Veteran
    The Yankees need a lefty in their rotation. I came to the revelation tonight that if the Yankees have the opportunity to get a lefty this off season, it shouldn&#39;t be Randy Johnson; it should be Barry Zito. Johnson is 40; Zito is 26. Big Unit would only really be dependable for the short run, but given Zito&#39;s age and how good he&#39;s been so far, Zito would be much better for the long haul.

But then again, many were wrong about Nolan Ryan pitching after 40, therefore, this makes my point moot. :lol:

BREAKING NEWS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Carl Pavano watched Game 3 of the ALCS and changed his mind ...

He wants an immediate meeting with Boss Steinbrenner

Banned
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50+Oct 16 2004, 10:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ErIcBaRtOn50 @ Oct 16 2004, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by blackout806@Oct 16 2004, 11:13 PM
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 16 2004, 09:58 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806
    @Oct 16 2004, 10:22 PM

someone who lives in the house next to his uncle said he was a Yankees fan
    oh yeah&#33;

well.. my sisters best friend ex boyfriends grandfather was Pavano&#39;s mailman as a kid, and Pavano subscribed to the red sox fan club magazine. [/b][/quote]
    :o really??? damn dude, thats incredible

I don&#39;t know if he wants to come here or not but it&#39;s very smart for a FA to express interest in the yanks b/c it will drive up his price. He may not want to be a Yanee but his agent says otherwise so the yanks can jack up the price.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 17 2004, 03:20 AM
    The agents job is to keep NY in the mix. His client makes more money with NY in the mix.
    Exactly.

That is every agent&#39;s job.