Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redsox fans are close to the edge

Here at Royal Rooters.

The title of the thread is " another wasted summer" :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I say it all the time...Sawx nation has to blame someone/something.

last year it was Grady

Now it's the Yankee payroll

The bottom line is the Yankees are better. They were built to win in the post-season with 200 million dollars worth of All Stars and nothing is going to stop them.

Tonight alone, game freaking 3, by the 4th inning, they've pitched 27 million dollars worth of pitchers. We've pitched about 3 million worth in response

The curse baby...thats all it is!!

Whenever we beat someone it's always b/c of payroll nevermind that the Sox have the #2 payroll and play in a huge market or that they have ONE homegrown regualr(Trot Nixon) but it's always the whining about payroll when they get beat. If it was just about payroll then how come Florida won the WS last year? and I guess b/c of payroll is why the Sox even made the ALCS the last 2 years but how come we never here that admission but they only whine when they play us?

It is payroll. Yes, Sox are number 2, but difference betwen #1 and #2 is huge ands is the samew as the difference between #2 and #13.

That is why after both are starters sucked, the Yanks went with Vazquez and the Sox had to go with a guy that the Royals cut.

If you look I know you can find me saying I am glad the Sox spend money. I am, but you take the top 8 slaries on the Yankees you equal the Sox and then you can still bring, Posada, Vazquez, Olerud, Matsui, Karsay, Loaiza, Gordon, Quantrill, Lofton. Lieber, Sierra and about 5-10 others.

Sorry, the payroll thing rings a little hollow this year when you consider that Vegas installed the Red Sox as favorites to win the ALCS, and every baseball writer in his mother was picking them, and every Red Sox fan I know felt very strongly that THIS WAS THE YEAR

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 17 2004, 11:33 AM
    Sorry, the payroll thing rings a little hollow this year when you consider that Vegas installed the Red Sox as favorites to win the ALCS, and every baseball writer in his mother was picking them
    Everybody was jumping on their bandwagon.

The Yankees' story is the same old same old, like last post season with the Cubs and Sox, the media tried wrapping their fingers around a fresh story.

Hall Of Fame
    Please-you folks have talked sh!t morning noon and night. The Sawx alomst got A-rod and did get Schilling. You aren't the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Enough bellyaching. The Sawx SUCK. GET YOUR EFFIN' SHINEBOX!

Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 17 2004, 08:39 AM
    Please-you folks have talked sh!t morning noon and night.

You aren't the Little Sisters of the Poor.
    EXACTLY

Last week the Red Sox we're telling everyone within ear-shot that they were gonna clean the Yankees clock ... Damon even suggesting they were gunning for 11 in a Row {to run the table in the post season} ... and now it's back to that same old crutch about being swallowed up by the Yankees payroll

Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 17 2004, 11:39 AM
    Please-you folks have talked sh!t morning noon and night. The Sawx alomst got A-rod and did get Schilling. You aren't the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Enough bellyaching. The Sawx SUCK. GET YOUR EFFIN' SHINEBOX!
    And this is typical Yankee response. I did say I am glad the Yanks spend money but obviously your too stupid to read it.

I also illustrated the difference between 1st and 2nd. Of course, we have already figured out your too stupid to read.

GJH - He made one off hand comment. It weas not we are going to, but more if it happened it would be cool. If the Yanks need that for motivation or whatever comes out of MIllar's and Schilling's mouth, they are sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    Much less sorry than the Sawx.

Try to find anything close to bulletin board material from the Yankees as far back as when Showalter and Michael took over. They don't get bigmouths. And on the occasion they do, Torre keeps them quiet or else. Sheffield has been quieter than a church mouse.

Meanwhile, up north, after all the "hit the Babe in the ass"/"shut up 55,000 NYers", or any of the absolute crap varitek and millar talk, you guys just keep talking. And now here come the excuses.

What the sawx ddon't get is that the Yanks are expected to win. The pressure is on all the time, so the playoffs are same stuff different day. All the Sawx taljing hasn't made the Yanks any more focused, but it has increased the pressure on themselves. And they aren't getting it done.

I don't believe there's a curse. But the pressure and negativity don't help. And all the talking the Sawx and their fans do adds to all that.

Hall Of Fame
    It's not payroll. It's the gulf in management that has Boston heading for the earlier exit this year. Putting Schilling out in Game 1 has thrown the ENTIRE rotation off. If he knew he was hurt and Tito knew about it, then he should have been sat and Pedro should have gone in Game 1. You would not have gotten the BP like pitches served up by Schill and Boston would not have been in an early hole where the bullpen gets used. There were mound visits early in that game. He should have had the stones to yank him early. That is what makes Torre so god damn effective. He is not afraid to pull a stud out of a game early. He did it last year with Clemens and put in Mussina to eat innings and keep his team in the game. We have Dave Wallace as pitching coach and Dale Sveum as the 3rd base coach. Now lastnight the Sox had the bases loaded with 1 out when Cabrera hits the gap to bring in 2 runs. Mueller should have been held to have runners at the corners with only 1 out. Instead Sveum sends him and it is now 2 outs and a HUGE momentum buster. The crowd was out the game. That was the Sox inning right there. Vasquez was all ovre the map. But instead bad management and coaching changed things.

It's not payroll.
    It's management and coaching.

C&#39;mon SJ, it is not like Sveum, how he still has a job is a miracle to me, has not made that mistake about 5-10 times this season. <_<

As always, it is a combination of both. Those are excellent points, but the money allows them to bench Clemsn and bring in Moose, because they know they have 6-7 starters they can throw out there to eat innings and not worry about the next game.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 17 2004, 07:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 17 2004, 07:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bugg@Oct 17 2004, 08:39 AM
    Please-you folks have talked sh&#33;t morning noon and night.

You aren&#39;t the Little Sisters of the Poor.
    EXACTLY

Last week the Red Sox we&#39;re telling everyone within ear-shot that they were gonna clean the Yankees clock ... Damon even suggesting they were gunning for 11 in a Row {to run the table in the post season} ... and now it&#39;s back to that same old crutch about being swallowed up by the Yankees payroll [/b][/quote]
    Bingo&#33;

How pathetic are these ass clowns?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 17 2004, 09:48 AM
    C&#39;mon SJ, it is not like Sveum, how he still has a job is a miracle to me, has not made that mistake about 5-10 times this season. <_<

As always, it is a combination of both. Those are excellent points, but the money allows them to bench Clemsn and bring in Moose, because they know they have 6-7 starters they can throw out there to eat innings and not worry about the next game.
    We had 2 starters in the bully Tito could have gone to in the 3rd: Wakefield or Lowe. Both capable of going 6 innings. The game was not away from the Sox at that point. He chose 2 relievers instead and THEN went to Wake. :blink: Bad management. Sveum sending Mueller was bad coaching. If Torre was in that situation he would bring out Lowe and tell him to have at it. Lowe being used to closer like situations could keep the Sox in it and the boys stand a chance to win. You then have Wake ready to go on his start tomorrow and the Series is still intact. Instead, we have a f-ed up rotation and a bruised and battered bully.

Hall Of Fame
    RSN can go on the blame game if they want - following the pathetic media in Boston - bunch of yahoos that hey are. Bottom line - Yankees are seasoned veterans that know how to win when it counts and the Sox do not. Is Tito an idiot? Yup. Were they over-aggresive in their base running last night? Yup. Still, give credit where credit is due. The Yankees are playing BETTER. Yeesh....

Still, I did have an epiphany last night (after two shots of Sambucca). This alleged "curse" was established by one Dan Shaunnessy - the man I (and Carl Everrett) call the curly red haired Devil. Anyway, Mr. Shaunnessey started this Curse of the Bamino cottage industry. Quite frankly, I think he revels in the misery. Sells more books, you know? So, I firmly belive that the Sox will get to Baseball nirvana once Dan Shaunnessey DIES.

Kidding.....sort of.....

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 17 2004, 09:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 17 2004, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bugg@Oct 17 2004, 11:39 AM
    Please-you folks have talked sh&#33;t morning noon and night. The Sawx alomst got A-rod and did get Schilling. You aren&#39;t the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Enough bellyaching. The Sawx SUCK. GET YOUR EFFIN&#39; SHINEBOX&#33;
    And this is typical Yankee response. I did say I am glad the Yanks spend money but obviously your too stupid to read it.

I also illustrated the difference between 1st and 2nd. Of course, we have already figured out your too stupid to read.

GJH - He made one off hand comment. It weas not we are going to, but more if it happened it would be cool. If the Yanks need that for motivation or whatever comes out of MIllar&#39;s and Schilling&#39;s mouth, they are sorry. [/b][/quote]
    lol

pathetic.

keep the excuses flowing

Hall Of Fame
    Just one thing I can&#39;t figure out-why the intentional pass to Posada with 2 out? Anyone scouting the Yanks knows that right now, he&#39;s hurt or something is wrong with him. Pitching to him is preferable to Sierra right now. Posada is higher in the lienup only due to being very respected so they won&#39;t drop him.

Hall Of Fame
    Ah yes sox fans blame a thing like money for your 86 years of losing &#33; Sox fans payroll is such little righ ?

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 17 2004, 07:29 AM
    It is payroll. Yes, Sox are number 2, but difference betwen #1 and #2 is huge ands is the samew as the difference between #2 and #13.

That is why after both are starters sucked, the Yanks went with Vazquez and the Sox had to go with a guy that the Royals cut.

If you look I know you can find me saying I am glad the Sox spend money. I am, but you take the top 8 slaries on the Yankees you equal the Sox and then you can still bring, Posada, Vazquez, Olerud, Matsui, Karsay, Loaiza, Gordon, Quantrill, Lofton. Lieber, Sierra and about 5-10 others.
    Scapegoat Nation at its best