View Poll Results: Who Would You Rather Play?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cardinals

4 36.36%
  • Astros

7 63.64%

Thread: Yankee Fans,

Maxman
    I hope it is the Cards and I think it will be. The talk all year is that they are the best team in baseball so I think it would be a good series. Two offensive powerhouses both with pitching questions.

Besides I don't really wan't to watch Clemens pitch against the Yankees. It took me forever to warm up to him. The thought of the watching him and Petite on the bench for the Astros is not something I want to see. I have too much respect for what they both accomplished here.

Maxman
    Also Cards - Yankees would get decent ratings nationally. The Yanks - Astros would be watched in the NY market and in Houston.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd love to face the Astros

Roger in Yankee Stadium in October against the Yankees will make the Pedro game seem quiet!!

I think all oy Yankeeland feels the love for Roger. But I also think there is a part of us that feels jaded by his "unretirement"

Yanks vs Astros....I'd love to beat thise guys!!

Plus, Beltran can see what winning in New York means!! Hee'll sign immediatly after the series :lol:

Maxman
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 17 2004, 08:50 AM
    Roger in Yankee Stadium in October against the Yankees will make the Pedro game seem quiet!!

This is true. Man he would get some reaction out of the crowd. Not a good one but loud indeed.

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 17 2004, 07:50 AM
    I'd love to face the Astros

I think all oy Yankeeland feels the love for Roger. But I also think there is a part of us that feels jaded by his "unretirement"

Yanks vs Astros....I'd love to beat thise guys!!

Plus, Beltran can see what winning in New York means!! Hee'll sign immediatly after the series :lol:
    Cards would be much better for ratings and to get players like Pujols and Rolan and Matt Morris from my hometown some exposure,but id rather beath ro-gah 2x's and win the series!

PS....F*ck the redsox ,them choke artists!!

Hall Of Fame
    You know what , I want the Stros! There a great team but you know I want to see Rockets face when he loses in front of 55,000 Yankee fans !

If Pettitte were pitching I would want to face the Astros. I still feel for this guy. he was nothing but a warrior for this team and someday he will bite them in the @ss.

That being said it doesn't matter who they play just win.

Hall Of Fame
    Who doesnt ? Pettite was a true Yankee , He is forever missed !

Banned
    the astros are alot easier to beat than that St Louis lineup

the Astros bullpen is horrible, we would take advantage of that since Clemons can only go 7 IP per game

I'd rather face the cardinals because their pitchers are all average cept for their bullpen

astros have Oswalt and Clemens