Thread: ALCS

Hall Of Fame
    Finally the Sox are underdogs today. Can you believe they were the Vegas favourites EVERY game so far!? :blink:

Today will be interesting in Fenway. How will the crowd be? How will the players react? The Sox need someone to rise up and give the fans a spark. The fans have been so loyal, so passionate and there every second of this season. This team OWES it to the fans to give a good showing. I predict Mientkiewicz will replace Millar at 1B. I'm begging Francona to please kick that piece of crap off the team and put Minky in there. Lowe has to be fired up and has a chance to show that he still is a legit MLB pitcher. He won't be with Boston next year. He has a last chance to get a decent check next year somewhere with his outing today.

That said, I think the yanks end it. The wheels have come off the Red Sox in such a catastrophic way that I just don't see a guy like Terry Francona getting his boys back on track.

Yankees have Torre and Stottlemyre
    Red Sox have Francona and Wallace.

'nuff said.

Can the Sox win today? Absolutely. But they have to get to El Duque early and put up a crooked number in the early innings. It will be cold tonight in Boston will that affect his arm? If Lowe can stay in until the 6th or 7th then I see the Sox as having a good chance tonight. If he struggles early then it will be very ugly in Boston tonight both at the park and outside. Fires will burn on the campuses.

The only bright light I see here is that Fenway is the best venue for Lowe to pitch in. To have a punchers chance is all we can ask for.

GO SOX!

What a perfect way to flush this turd of a series down the toilet, with Derek "Pumping up BAs all season long" Lowe on the mound.

He is one member of the Sox I look forward to see leaving. Although he will rpobably throw a no-no aginst the Sox sometime in the future. I lost a lot of respect when he was whining after they gave him the start about not having faith in him. Hello!!! Look at your record this year in a contract year.

Banned
    if Lowe does really horrible, should the Sox just put Pedro in game 4 as a reliever and pray he can win?

Veteran
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 17 2004, 07:49 AM
    How will the players react?
    I talked to a fellow Yankee fan at church today who is as big a Yankees fan as I am. I told him there's going to be two reactions from the Red Sox players after last night's game:

1. they'll be fired up and pissed off over last night's performance that they'll just want to take out El Duque out of the game in the first inning;

2. they'll have no heart and just pack it in.

I'd like to see option #1 to make this series really interesting, but being a realist, I'm probably going with option #2.

7-3 Yankees

arod

2 run blast

All League
    Sawx win.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is HELL! :ph34r:

Hall Of Fame
    Give the Sawx credit-they tied Rivera and got the winner. The Yanks never pushed across any inusrance and did nothing in extra innings vs. the Swax pen.

Get'em this afternoon.

Maxman
    I can't kill Torre because what he does usually work. But I don't like when they deviate from the master plan. i.e. skipping FLASH in the 8th. I think the end result would have been the same though. FLASH would have given up a run in the 8th IMO...so Torre was damned either way.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 17 2004, 11:44 PM
    I can't kill Torre because what he does usually work. But I don't like when they deviate from the master plan. i.e. skipping FLASH in the 8th. I think the end result would have been the same though. FLASH would have given up a run in the 8th IMO...so Torre was damned either way.
    I was shocked that Gordon did not pitch the 8th. IMO, this was a chance to stomp on the BoSox neck, and end it. Didin't happen.

Nice work by Strutze. Oh well, gotta go get them today. Both teams are a little thin in the pen, especially in long relief. Look for both manager's to keep their starter's in a long time.