Thread: Congrats Sawx fans

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The game was handed you on a silver platter!!

The Sawx wanted this one more than the Yanks!!

Don't talk about winning this thing unless Pedro can go 8

I'm pissed

Out

My god am I glad we signed Ortiz. If he was a FA next season you bet your *** Steinbrenner would be handing him a blank check to be the Yanks DH.

3 years ~19 mil, if I remember right. A f*cking bargain.

As for the series.... I don't think the Yankees are very scared, and I don't blame them one bit.

I'll also note, someone will inevitably take the Sox to task for celebrating wildly despite being down 3-1..... screw that. The Sox 1) won a tight, tough, extra inning game 2) kept their season alive for one more day.....

No reason not to go nuts for a few minutes after that.

Maxman
    Who is going to knock them for celebrating? The season was on the brink of extinction and they won a great game in extra innings via a walk off home run.

The Sox should celebrate.

Foulke going 3 will ultimately be their downfall IMO.

All League
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 18 2004, 01:35 AM
    I'll also note, someone will inevitably take the Sox to task for celebrating wildly despite being down 3-1..... screw that. The Sox 1) won a tight, tough, extra inning game 2) kept their season alive for one more day.....

Exactly. The Sox were on the brink of elimination and won on a walkoff HR. Every team would celebrate in that scenario. Who cares if no team has ever come back from being down 3-0? You can't think about that if you're in the moment.

Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 18 2004, 12:35 AM
    My god am I glad we signed Ortiz. If he was a FA next season you bet your *** Steinbrenner would be handing him a blank check to be the Yanks DH.

3 years ~19 mil, if I remember right. A f*cking bargain.

As for the series.... I don't think the Yankees are very scared, and I don't blame them one bit.

Please....act like you been there before

I'll guarantee you it's the leadoff walk to Kevin Millar that really has Mariano pissed

Not the hit to Mueller ... the leadoff walk to Millar in the 9th

If not for that walk the Yankees are spraying champagne tonite, and I think Mariano knows that

Anyhow, dems the breaks ... time to prepare for Game 5

The thing that really hurt was the failure to turn that DP on Damon's grounder in the 5th. Make that play, and the season is over for the Bosox.

Hall Of Fame
    All last nights victory accomplished was delaying the inevitable.

Could someone run Kevin Millar over for me? And, while your at it, could someone buy Belhorn a one-way ticket out of Boston...please?

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 18 2004, 06:29 AM
    All last nights victory accomplished was delaying the inevitable.

Could someone run Kevin Millar over for me? And, while your at it, could someone buy Belhorn a one-way ticket out of Boston...please?
    That 1 way ticket for Belhorn will probably happen after this series ends. Same with Lowe and quite a few others.