Thread: Mariano....Whose your Daddy?

I know it only delayed the envitable, but Mariano....Whose your Daddy?

The Sox of course.

Maybe, but at least he has pitched his team to 4 rings. He was not the only contributor, but he was the major one.

All Pro
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 18 2004, 07:21 AM

The Sox of course.
    Yea maybe your right...

even the best of the best aren't always perfect

Maxman
    Good thread. Have some fun with it guys, while it lasts. Because it won't last long!

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 12:52 PM
    Good thread. Have some fun with it guys, while it lasts. Because it won't last long!
    That is why I did it Max.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 18 2004, 09:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 18 2004, 09:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 12:52 PM
    Good thread. Have some fun with it guys, while it lasts. Because it won&#39;t last long&#33;
    That is why I did it Max. [/b][/quote]
    Although with each Red Sox victory you will start to believe more and more. If Pedro wins tonight you will be convinced they can do it.

You try to get out but they keep pulling you back in.

If Matsui gets hit by a bus I would say there is a 3% chance of Sox victory in the Series. With Matsui hitting as well as he is, I can&#39;t imagine anything but the Yankees playing in the World Series.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 12:59 PM
    Excellent movie quote and very very true.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 18 2004, 01:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 18 2004, 01:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 12:59 PM
    Excellent movie quote and very very true. [/b][/quote]
    Did you see the Dennis Leary intro last night? I thought it was pretty funny.

TomShane
    It was amazing how similar this blown save was to the one the Diamondbacks got off of him in the Series a few years ago. All little slap hits. How great do you have to be that the only way major leaguers can get hits off of you is if they tip it off the ends of their bats, they have to choke up, or all they can get is a little jam shot? Amazing.

once he walked the leadoff batter I knew the red sox were gonna tie the game, I could just sense it. they really wanted it

All Pro
    Originally posted by TomShane@Oct 18 2004, 01:34 PM
    It was amazing how similar this blown save was to the one the Diamondbacks got off of him in the Series a few years ago. All little slap hits. How great do you have to be that the only way major leaguers can get hits off of you is if they tip it off the ends of their bats, they have to choke up, or all they can get is a little jam shot? Amazing.
    Yup, kind of like how the Yanks tied it up and then took the lead...

To be fair, Muellers hit was a solid shot up the middle...

Banned
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 18 2004, 07:21 AM

The Sox of course.
    :lol: what about games 1 and 2? did they come back on him then?

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 18 2004, 08:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 18 2004, 08:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 12:52 PM
    Good thread. Have some fun with it guys, while it lasts. Because it won&#39;t last long&#33;
    That is why I did it Max. [/b][/quote]
    Big difference here is Mo didn&#39;t call the Sox his daddy like Pedro did :lol:

F*CK BOSTON&#33;&#33;&#33; I got no love for you....i can&#39;t wait to see them cry again in the dugout&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Smizzy+Oct 18 2004, 09:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Oct 18 2004, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 18 2004, 08:54 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman
    @Oct 18 2004, 12:52 PM

Big difference here is Mo didn&#39;t call the Sox his daddy like Pedro did :lol:

F*CK BOSTON&#33;&#33;&#33; I got no love for you....i can&#39;t wait to see them cry again in the dugout&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Smiz

For the acknowledged G.O.A.T Closer, Boston has his number as much as a team possibly could for a player of his stature.

I think it was the end of Game 3 and they listed his blown saves and counting the last two games Boston has like 9 of the 14 blown saves he has.

I do not think last night&#39;s should count because he got the outs, but I digress.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 19 2004, 05:30 AM
    Smiz

For the acknowledged G.O.A.T Closer, Boston has his number as much as a team possibly could for a player of his stature.

I think it was the end of Game 3 and they listed his blown saves and counting the last two games Boston has like 9 of the 14 blown saves he has.

I do not think last night&#39;s should count because he got the outs, but I digress.
    Last night&#39;s blown save should be hung around Gordon&#39;s neck. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

However, I still question why Torre pitched to Ortiz in the 8th. 2 run lead, walk the guy. He can&#39;t homer when he can&#39;t reach the ball. And, he&#39;s slow enough that he would clog the bases, making a grounder form the slow Millar or Varitek a potential DP.

Oh well, them&#39;s the breaks. The team that gets more from it&#39;s starter tonight wins. Both teams are past exhausted.

Originally posted by mbn007@Oct 19 2004, 10:35 AM
    However, I still question why Torre pitched to Ortiz in the 8th. 2 run lead, walk the guy. He can&#39;t homer when he can&#39;t reach the ball. And, he&#39;s slow enough that he would clog the bases, making a grounder form the slow Millar or Varitek a potential DP.

Oh c&#39;mon, give Big Papi some credit. Did you see our fleet footed DH, first thud on the ground and roll towards the base. :blink:

Tell me the RSN, would not have Francona by the short ones if we lost last night and one underlying cause was the wasted opportunity with Ortiz&#39; attempted steal.

I understand he is not a threat but at least look like you know what your doing.

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 19 2004, 06:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 19 2004, 06:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Oct 18 2004, 09:22 PM
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 18 2004, 08:54 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman
    @Oct 18 2004, 12:52 PM

F*CK BOSTON&#33;&#33;&#33; I got no love for you....i can&#39;t wait to see them cry again in the dugout&#33;&#33;
    Smiz

I do not think last night&#39;s should count because he got the outs, but I digress. [/b][/quote]
    When we play each other 55 times a year ,you are going to get to the G.o.A.T once in a while