Thread: Yankees/Redsox

All Pro
    The weather has changed; the foliage has been magnified, and the skies have turned to a bright red and orange spectrum. Autumn baseball is once again upon us and the Yankees and Red Sox find themselves in familiar territory - battling for bragging rights for the American League Championship series. It has been a year filled with ups and downs, as an aging New York pitching staff finds solace in their potent offensive machine.

The New Englanders stated that they wanted to play the Bombers, and thus their wish was granted. But be careful what you wish for my bean blowing buddies, as this Yankee team must not be underestimated. There is a fundamental difference between these two teams, and no, it's not the fact that 25 World Series championships separate them. The Yankees are still armed with the heart of a champion. That heart still beats on in the likes of Bernie Williams, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Jorge Posada. The farm bred Yankee core still remains with Mr. Torre, and this group of seasoned winners, will prevail.

The Red Sox have joined the Yanks in the elite class of multimillion dollar payrolls, but will Schilling and the Yankee "daddy" Pedro defeat them. Pedro and Manny may be the biggest low-lifes in the game, although Pedro did look like a real hero while he scowled throwing down an 80 year old man last October. The Yanks defeated that low class bum last year, and they will defeat this group of classless ball players once again.

The Yankees have owned the Red Sox as far back as I can remember. They defeated them in '78, climbing back from 13 games out in August to win the division on the memorable Bucky Dent blast, or was it Aaron Boone?? They won in 5 games back in 2000 and yet again last year. I don't believe in curses, never did. I believe that the best team always wins, and the Red Sox are never the best team, never will be. That's because their fans are a disgrace, their management is always second best, and their pathetic history only breeds future losers. To the men and women who asked to play the Yankees this year, you never learn. And that's okay, because as you cry in your clam chowder, I'll be singing Sinatra all the way to the show, as the Yanks play in the World Series for the 6th time in 9 years.

The 4, 5 and D trains will be rumbling tonight in the Bronx. From Arthur Avenue, the Bronx Zoo, Van Cortlandt, Riverdale, and Mott Haven too, the Bronx always prevails. This borough breeds champions, it has and always will. For the Red Sox fans, 1918 is becoming a lot more like a poster on your bedroom wall, staring at you all night, as you can only dream of having a championship banner hanging in Fenway. It's an odd fact that our country has fought in more World Wars than the Red Sox have championships, but I guess that's the way it is. Maybe if Tom Brady was your manager, you'd be better off. I actually heard Grady Little is making a cameo in the Yankee Bleachers tonight. Who'd a thunk it?

The brisk air is back, and so are the Bombers, ready to quiet the pathetic voices of New England fans. Boston or The Bronx? Need you even ask the question?

Yanks in six.

Kenny C.

All Pro
    Originally posted by chrebet73@Oct 18 2004, 10:10 AM

Pedro and Manny may be the biggest low-lifes in the game, although Pedro did look like a real hero while he scowled throwing down an 80 year old man last October. The Yanks defeated that low class bum last year, and they will defeat this group of classless ball players once again.

That's because their fans are a disgrace, their management is always second best, and their pathetic history only breeds future losers.

Maybe if Tom Brady was your manager, you'd be better off. I actually heard Grady Little is making a cameo in the Yankee Bleachers tonight. Who'd a thunk it?

Yanks in six.

Kenny C.
    Kenny C. is an ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Thor99+Oct 18 2004, 11:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thor99 @ Oct 18 2004, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chrebet73@Oct 18 2004, 10:10 AM

Pedro and Manny may be the biggest low-lifes in the game, although Pedro did look like a real hero while he scowled throwing down an 80 year old man last October. The Yanks defeated that low class bum last year, and they will defeat this group of classless ball players once again.

That&#39;s because their fans are a disgrace, their management is always second best, and their pathetic history only breeds future losers.

Maybe if Tom Brady was your manager, you&#39;d be better off. I actually heard Grady Little is making a cameo in the Yankee Bleachers tonight. Who&#39;d a thunk it?

Yanks in six.

Kenny C.
    Kenny C. is an ass. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still armed with the heart of a champion my ass.

Heres why the Yankees are winning

1) They have played way, way better.

2) They have a sizable payroll advantage, which allows them to field a deep, talented team despite all their roster mistakes.

3) Curt Schillings injury may have been the difference in game 1.

#s 2 and 3 don&#39;t change the fact that #1 is still the central reason for the Yankees winning, but both are true.

Heart of a Champion doesn&#39;t exactly put men on base, or strikeout hitters in key situations.

Rivera has "the heart of a champion" if anyone does, and look how that worked out last night.

I&#39;ll tell you what: I&#39;ll trade payrolls and you can keep the heart of a champion and the curse of the bambino. How does that sound?

Maxman
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 18 2004, 03:28 PM
    I&#39;ll tell you what: I&#39;ll trade payrolls and you can keep the heart of a champion and the curse of the bambino. How does that sound?
    I am not sure if anyone ever mentioned this to you before. So if it the first time you are hearing this, I apologize for my blunt nature.

You are a crybaby.

TomShane
    It is just wholly unacceptable for a Red Sox fan to cry payroll. As a life-long Minnesota Twins fan I just won&#39;t have it.

Maxman
    Originally posted by TomShane@Oct 18 2004, 03:54 PM
    It is just wholly unacceptable for a Red Sox fan to cry payroll. As a life-long Minnesota Twins fan I just won&#39;t have it.
    A Twin fan I have sympathy for, I really do. I wish there was a salary cap. The Yankees would still win. But a Sox fan crying about payroll is laughable.

The Yankees payroll is only a problem when they win. If the Sox were up 3 - 0 then everything would be fine I bet.

The Red Sox scored more runs then the Yankees this season. The Red Sox gave up fewer runs then the Yankees this season. All season long Seymour said how the Sox had a better Roster. Now with the season over for the Sox, money again becomes an issue.

TomShane
    As an impartial observer, I must say that the Red Sox fans are the weepiest bunch of pusses I have ever seen on TV. For God&#39;s sake, show some freaking pride. Crying, leaning over the rails, their heads in their hands, maiking signs that say "We suck," wearing bags on their heads. It&#39;s like going to a Mets game in April. Sheesh.