Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YANKS ARE CHOKING

Don't be surprised if the Red Sox win this series ... this Yankee team is choking

This lineup may be a million times more lethal than those that won a four recent WS titles, but those hitters were a million times more clutch than these choking dogs

There is no other word for what I saw the past two nites ... this Yankee team is flatout choking

Think about it, over the past two nites this Yankee lineup has made the same bullpen {and starter} they pummeled for a Gazillion runs in Game 3 suddenly look like a collection of Sandy Koufax clones

8 shutout innings by this bullpen tonite ... who knows how many shutout innings last nite ... and all with Pennant just sitting there for the Yankees to win

And this Red Sox pen is going on fumes ... and we still can't buy a big hit off this pen when the Pannant is there to be won

I don't know what you call that, but I have a word for it .... CHOKING

This Yankees team is choking like dogs ... so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they finish the job and choke the whole thing away

Hall Of Fame
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOW SWEET IT IS

F THE YANKEES

GO SOX

hopefully going back home will get em goin again...all i know is that after 15 hours of baseball in the last 3 days i am getting very tired of this long drawn out crap.

Maxman
    Dude this post is way off. Way off. It is disrespectful to the Red Sox. Did you watch the Sox play this season? You know what, they have a pretty good team. And to say that the Yankees are choking is just wrong.

The Yankees brought their best game the past 2 days and lost. They brought their best game the first 3 and they won. They are up 3 to 2 and the Series is headed back to the Bronx.

Sometimes the other team has something to say about the outcome!

The Yankees will win this series. Don't jump just yet.

All League
    I love that the Red Sox are getting into it, but I wont believe they have a chance to win this series until it's tied up at 3-3.

Until then, go SCHILLING, go ORTIZ, go RED SOX

-Jealous Met fan

Hall Of Fame

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 11:24 PM
    Dude this post is way off. Way off. It is disrespectful to the Red Sox. Did you watch the Sox play this season? You know what, they have a pretty good team. And to say that the Yankees are choking is just wrong.

The Yankees brought their best game the past 2 days and lost. They brought their best game the first 3 and they won. They are up 3 to 2 and the Series is headed back to the Bronx.

Sometimes the other team has something to say about the outcome!

The Yankees will win this series. Don't jump just yet.
    Okay, then explain this too me ....

How do the same hitters break a slew of records for offense off the same bullpen {Arroyo included}, then see the same bullpen for a combined 13 innings of relif over the next two days, WHEN THE PENNANT IS SITTING THERE TO BE WON, and proceed to score ZERO RUNS?

Same pen {and Arroyo} ... lit them up for 19 runs when they were more rested ... but then proceed to score ZERO RUNS off the same cats over the next 13 innings when they are going on fumes

How exactly do you explain that?

I'll tell you how I explain it ....

Unlike Game 3, these past two nites the Yankees had the champagne on ice ... ONE BIG HIT over the course of those 13 shutout innings by the same guys they pummeled to the tune of 19 runs and the Yankees are heading to the World Series

They haven't even needed to light them up like that again ... JUST ONE MEASLY RUN {in 13 innings} would have been suffice

But alas THIS YANKEE TEAM has gotten tighter than a clams @$$ when the money has been on the table, and they have a word for that ... it's called CHOKING

Hall Of Fame
    sniff sniff do I detect the odour of panic?

Guys, you are the yankees!! How can you be worried if you have 2 games at home and need only 1!!!!!??

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:03 AM

Guys, you are the yankees!! How can you be worried if you have 2 games at home and need only 1!!!!!??
    Scottish:
    I am not worried. I cannot speak for the rest of Yankee nation.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 19 2004, 12:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 19 2004, 12:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 11:24 PM

Sometimes the other team has something to say about the outcome&#33;

The Yankees will win this series. Don&#39;t jump just yet.
    Okay, then explain this too me ....

How do the same hitters break a slew of records for offense off the same bullpen {Arroyo included}, then see the same bullpen for a combined 13 innings of relif over the next two days, WHEN THE PENNANT IS SITTING THERE TO BE WON, and proceed to score ZERO RUNS?

Same pen {and Arroyo} ... lit them up for 19 runs when they were more rested ... but then proceed to score ZERO RUNS off the same cats over the next 13 innings when they are going on fumes

How exactly do you explain that?

I&#39;ll tell you how I explain it ....

Unlike Game 3, these past two nites the Yankees had the champagne on ice ... ONE BIG HIT over the course of those 13 shutout innings by the same guys they pummeled to the tune of 19 runs and the Yankees are heading to the World Series

They haven&#39;t even needed to light them up like that again ... JUST ONE MEASLY RUN {in 13 innings} would have been suffice

But alas THIS YANKEE TEAM has gotten tighter than a clams @&#036;&#036; when the money has been on the table, and they have a word for that ... it&#39;s called CHOKING [/b][/quote]
    The end justifies the means. Pop a couple of the blue pills and rest up for tomorrows game.

Have a little faith. Even the Yankees can&#39;t win everyday.

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:03 AM
    I&#39;m deffinitely worried ... cause I see a team that wouldn&#39;t even be in this spot if they weren&#39;t choking beyond belief

Anyone should be worried about a team that is playing THIS TIGHT {i.e. choking} when the money is on the table

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 18 2004, 11:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 18 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:03 AM
    I am worried too ... cause I see a team that wouldn&#39;t even be in this spot if they weren&#39;t choking beyond belief

Anyone should be worried about a team that is playing THIS TIGHT {i.e. choking} when the money is on the table [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but how can you panic when you are going home??&#33;&#33;

You are facing a 70% Schilling and most likely a 70% Bronson Arroyo. You need one win. Why the panic??&#33;

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet+Oct 19 2004, 12:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScottishJet @ Oct 19 2004, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 18 2004, 11:08 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet
    @Oct 19 2004, 12:03 AM

I am worried too ... cause I see a team that wouldn&#39;t even be in this spot if they weren&#39;t choking beyond belief

Anyone should be worried about a team that is playing THIS TIGHT {i.e. choking} when the money is on the table

You are facing a 70% Schilling and most likely a 70% Bronson Arroyo. You need one win. Why the panic??&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Show a little faith
    There&#39;s magic in the night
    She ain&#39;t a beauty
    But hey, she&#39;s alright

Maxman
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 19 2004, 12:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 19 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:03 AM
    I&#39;m deffinitely worried ... cause I see a team that wouldn&#39;t even be in this spot if they weren&#39;t choking beyond belief

Anyone should be worried about a team that is playing THIS TIGHT {i.e. choking} when the money is on the table [/b][/quote]
    Who do you think will win this series?

I say the Yankees.

GJ&H,

Relax... Seriously, if you told me that the Yankees only needed one game with the last two at home, I would be estatic&#33; Look at it this way, they needed extra innings both times, and now WE get last licks for the next two games. Remember, there&#39;s a reason everyone has gone 0-25 trailing 0-3 in a seven game series.

GO YANKEES&#33;&#33;&#33;

Maxman
    Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands@Oct 19 2004, 12:13 AM
    GJ&H,

Relax... Seriously, if you told me that the Yankees only needed one game with the last two at home, I would be estatic&#33; Look at it this way, they needed extra innings both times, and now WE get last licks for the next two games. Remember, there&#39;s a reason everyone has gone 0-25 trailing 0-3 in a seven game series.

GO YANKEES&#33;&#33;&#33;
    The voice of reason. Thank You&#33;

Originally posted by ScottishJet+Oct 19 2004, 12:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScottishJet @ Oct 19 2004, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 18 2004, 11:08 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet
    @Oct 19 2004, 12:03 AM

You are facing a 70% Schilling and most likely a 70% Bronson Arroyo. You need one win. Why the panic??&#33; [/b][/quote]
    How many times do I need to say this ... it&#39;s not about where we are playing and it&#39;s certainly not about which pitchers we are facing {if it were, the Yankees would already be spraying champagne}

It&#39;s about a team that is playing TIGHTER THAN A CLAMS @&#036;&#036; each time the pennant is there to be won {i.e. Choking} ... and I don&#39;t care if your name is Arod, Sheffield, or MICKY MANTLE ... if you&#39;re gonna play THIS TIGHT when the pennant is on the line, you are absolutely in danger of blowing the whole thing

What this team has needed the past two nites is a Reggie Jackson ... someone who can calmly step to the plate and deliver the KILL SHOT when the pennant was there to be won ... but thus far we have seen only a collection of CHOKERS who look like they couldn&#39;t score a run in extra innings if the game lasted a THOUSAND INNINGS

Maxman
    Ham...you are way off here. Matsui, Shef were hitting .500 for the Series. Against a good pitching stuff. Sometimes you make an out.

You are gonna get pissed at me but you get way to low over this stuff. The Yankees will come home and win it there. This is the Yankees that we are talking about. They have earned our respect. We are not rooting for the Cubs here.

Earlier this year you started a thread saying that Lofton should be starting in CF over Bernie. Well Joe stuck with Bernie and that seems to have worked out pretty well.

The Yankees will be fine. They are not going to hit .412 as a team for the series. Hot bats do cool off. The Sox have a good staff. AROD struck out with a guy on 2nd and a chance to drive in an insurance run in the 8th. But AROD always makes outs with RISP. So this is nothing new.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 19 2004, 12:22 AM
    Ham...you are way off here. Matsui, Shef were hitting .500 for the Series. Against a good pitching stuff. Sometimes you make an out.

You are gonna get pissed at me but you get way to low over this stuff. The Yankees will come home and win it there. This is the Yankees that we are talking about. They have earned our respect. We are not rooting for the Cubs here.

Earlier this year you started a thread saying that Lofton should be starting in CF over Bernie. Well Joe stuck with Bernie and that seems to have worked out pretty well.

The Yankees will be fine. They are not going to hit .412 as a team for the series. Hot bats do cool off. The Sox have a good staff. AROD struck out with a guy on 2nd and a chance to drive in an insurance run in the 8th. But AROD always makes outs with RISP. So this is nothing new.
    Let me just say this ....

No team in the history of MLB has blown a 3-0 lead in the post season ... if this Yankee team accomplishes that feat they will forver be remembered as the greatest choke artists in post season history, and judging by the way they have failed to deliever ONE CLUTCH HIT in 13 innings off a bullpen that was going on fumes in Games 4 & 5, and one they lit up for 19 runs in Game 3, that will be a tag this Yankee team absolutely deserves to wear

All Pro
    isn&#39;t this all from the same group of yankee fans that were proclaiming the series already over and booking plans for the world series? <_<