Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ALCS (OFFICIAL)

Maxman
    I know it wasn't my turn in the rotation but I just had to jump in here. I apologize to whomever it is that I bumped. Scottish I hope you understand and forgive me for breaking the protocol that you setup for us.

Here is the thing...Curt Schilling is going. No excuses Sox fans. He is either healthy enough to pitch or he isn't. Nothing in between. I don't want to hear any of this you only won because he was hurt crap if the Yankees win. If the Sox win, I will be the first one here to tip my cap to them.

Also the Yankees have never lost a game when I started the OFFICIAL game thread. That is right folks, undefeated.

Please feel free to break into groups and discuss the game amongst yourselves for awhile.

MBN will be here first thing in the morning and he has a riveting PowerPoint slide that will cleary demonstrate how the Yankees will win. Thanks in advance MBN.

Maxman
    By the way I think that Flash and Tanyon need to switch roles for the remainder of the series.

Hopefully Steve Karsay is in game shape. Me thinks his arm will be needed for the World Series.

Hall Of Fame
    How long can the starters go? That's the key. Both bullys are shot.

Schilling is NOT the Schilling you expect to see. Expect something close to 5mph off his fastball. I forsee the Red Sox having to match the yanks hit for hit as Schilling is for the taking tomorrow night.

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:06 AM
    How long can the starters go? That's the key. Both bullys are shot.

Schilling is NOT the Schilling you expect to see. Expect something close to 5mph off his fastball. I forsee the Red Sox having to match the yanks hit for hit as Schilling is for the taking tomorrow night.
    I never thought I would say this but I am happy that Lieber is going tomorrow. He can get hit for sure, but he should give the Yankees innings. He doesn't walk anyone so his pitch count should stay reasonable.

If Schilling gets knocked out early what do the Sox do? I bet they go back to your boy Wakefield.

That rainout really screwed things up for this series.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 18 2004, 11:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 18 2004, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:06 AM
    How long can the starters go? That&#39;s the key. Both bullys are shot.

I never thought I would say this but I am happy that Lieber is going tomorrow. He can get hit for sure, but he should give the Yankees innings. He doesn&#39;t walk anyone so his pitch count should stay reasonable.

If Schilling gets knocked out early what do the Sox do? I bet they go back to your boy Wakefield.

That rainout really screwed things up for this series. [/b][/quote]
    You are spot on with regards to the depth of each lineup. Which ever pitcher gets knocked out first will be HUGE&#33;

Neither team has depth right now.

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet+Oct 19 2004, 12:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScottishJet @ Oct 19 2004, 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 11:10 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet
    @Oct 19 2004, 12:06 AM

I never thought I would say this but I am happy that Lieber is going tomorrow. He can get hit for sure, but he should give the Yankees innings. He doesn&#39;t walk anyone so his pitch count should stay reasonable.

That rainout really screwed things up for this series.
    You are spot on with regards to the depth of each lineup. Which ever pitcher gets knocked out first will be HUGE&#33;

Neither team has depth right now. [/b][/quote]
    Hey where is JONE? I wonder what his thoughts are on this? LOL.

All these close games are over with. The Yankees put a thumping on the Red Sox in front of the best fans in the world. Schilling will be out of the game by the 5th inning.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 18 2004, 11:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 18 2004, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:06 AM

That rainout really screwed things up for this series. [/b][/quote]
    The rainout was probably the best thing to happen to the Sox. THe yanks were on a hot momentum and that rainout effectively put an end to it. Amazing how things are changing.

Sox aren&#39;t out of the blue yet, but I wouldn&#39;t be suprised if this goes 7 games. Not proclaming that the Sox will win, but it isn&#39;t going to be a cakewalk for the yanks either. Mind you nobody has EVER come back from a 3-0 deficit in the ALCS to win the series. If Boston does, you might as well kiss the curse goodbye....

here&#39;s the big one. if Schilling comes in and manages to pull out a win in game 6, who do the Sox start in Game 7? Pedro pitched tonight and with Schilling possibly pitching tomorrow, i am going to guess that they possibly throw Lowe in there or possibly even Wakefield if he doesn&#39;t pitch in game 6. Remember what Wakes did against the Yanks last year. Had them whiffing all over the place (except for a certain Boone HR of course) but he was the big reason they were in the series last year. Should be interesting....

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:06 AM
    I forsee the Red Sox having to match the yanks hit for hit
    In that case you may need only 4 hits tomorrow nite ... and JUST ONE if the game is on the line late ... even if you need to pitch Pedro&#39;s lucky midget late in the game, you don&#39;t need to worry about the Yankees beating you to the punch

Even if you need 100 innings to deliver that BIG HIT late in the game, I&#39;m assuming the Yankees will oblige

Just tell us how many innings you need ... 5, 10, 15, 20, 1000 ... however many you need, this Yankee lineup looks all too willing to oblige

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 18 2004, 11:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 18 2004, 11:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 12:06 AM
    In that case you may need only 4 hits tomorrow nite ... and JUST ONE if the game is on the line late ... even if you need to pitch Pedro&#39;s lucky midget late in the game, you don&#39;t need to worry about the Yankees beating you to the punch

Even if you need 100 innings to deliver that BIG HIT late in the game, I&#39;m assuming the Yankees will oblige

Just tell us how many innings you need ... 5, 10, 15, 20, 1000 ... however many you need, this Yankee lineup looks all too willing to oblige [/b][/quote]
    are you judging this from games 4 and 5?

Originally posted by Mavrik+Oct 19 2004, 01:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mavrik @ Oct 19 2004, 01:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 18 2004, 11:46 PM

Just tell us how many innings you need ... 5, 10, 15, 20, 1000 ... however many you need, this Yankee lineup looks all too willing to oblige
    are you judging this from games 4 and 5? [/b][/quote]
    Yes, in Games 4 & 5 this Yankee lineup looked like they couldn&#39;t close the deal with a BIG HIT late in the game if you gave them a thousand innings to do so

And since these were the only games the Yankees have played where a trip to the WS was literally on the line, I find that very curious and very disturbing

TomShane
    The Red Sox have blown their load. Pity the poor equipment manager. Yanks will win by 3+ runs the next game.

P.S. Cut Schilling is a ***** and I pray that he tries to go so 55,000 NY fans can spit on him. Poo-ha&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Kind of fitting the rotation for our ALCS threads is all out of whack.

I hope Schilling delivers tonight but just as I don&#39;t believe pounding subs helps you lose weight, can a sneaker add 10 mph to your fastball?

It will be a race to get to the bullpens again.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 18 2004, 09:32 PM
    MBN will be here first thing in the morning and he has a riveting PowerPoint slide that will cleary demonstrate how the Yankees will win. Thanks in advance MBN.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice closing paragraph.

I do believe that the Bosox are sunk if Schilling is not right, as there is almost no one to turn to. Lowe is a Game 7 starter (on 2 days rest) and if he needs to pitch tonight, he won&#39;t have much in the tank, having thrown some 6 innings on Sunday.

Survival of the fittest is the buzzword tonight. If the game is played, the Yanks have a better chance of winning, as both pens are shot, but the Yanks have a long man left (Vasquez) and some other short relief options. BoSox probably can&#39;t use Pedro or Wakefield, and if they need a long man, it&#39;s Mendoza, and he&#39;s not a 3 inning guy anymore.

One more thing. Stop pitching to Ortiz when no a walk can&#39;t hurt you.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 18 2004, 11:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 18 2004, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mavrik@Oct 19 2004, 01:08 AM
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 18 2004, 11:46 PM

are you judging this from games 4 and 5?
    Yes, in Games 4 & 5 this Yankee lineup looked like they couldn&#39;t close the deal with a BIG HIT late in the game if you gave them a thousand innings to do so

And since these were the only games the Yankees have played where a trip to the WS was literally on the line, I find that very curious and very disturbing [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m very disappointed with teh Yankees hitting with RISP. I can&#39;t fault Matsui for that shot Nixon made the catch on in the 6th. That had 2 run single all over it, and if it gets by him, it&#39;s a 3 run triple.

But A-Rod blew it big time in the 8th. and Jeter should not have been bunting with a man on 2nd, no one out. He&#39;s as solid a clutch hitter as we have. I&#39;d like him to take a shot at swinging away.

But A-Rod has to hit a grounder up the middle, or a fly ball. Get the run home.

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 05:46 AM
    Kind of fitting the rotation for our ALCS threads is all out of whack.

I hope Schilling delivers tonight but just as I don&#39;t believe pounding subs helps you lose weight, can a sneaker add 10 mph to your fastball?

It will be a race to get to the bullpens again.
    Between the damp, drizzily conditions, and the uncomfortable pitching he is sure to experience, as well as the possibility that he won&#39;t have his regular velocity, I think Curt is in trouble tonight. Yanks need to pound him early, and get to the pen.

Word has it that Schilling was not throwing anywhere near his regular velocity in the throwing sessions the past few days, and that he was limping aroung on the mound between pitches. I think he&#39;s not himself, and is just gutting this one out.

We shall see if he has anything.

The rainout was probably the best thing to happen to the Sox. THe yanks were on a hot momentum and that rainout effectively put an end to it.
    The Yanks scored 19 runs the first game after the rainout so kept the momentum into Game 4 but they have been cold since then and looked like the &#39;03 offense.

Originally posted by nyjunc@Oct 19 2004, 06:11 AM
    The rainout was probably the best thing to happen to the Sox. THe yanks were on a hot momentum and that rainout effectively put an end to it.
    The Yanks scored 19 runs the first game after the rainout so kept the momentum into Game 4 but they have been cold since then and looked like the &#39;03 offense.
    They will be back tonight, although both teams offenses are tired. Schilling is not going to be anywhere near the usual Schilling.

Maxman
    Originally posted by mbn007+Oct 19 2004, 08:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Oct 19 2004, 08:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nyjunc@Oct 19 2004, 06:11 AM
    They will be back tonight, although both teams offenses are tired. Schilling is not going to be anywhere near the usual Schilling. [/b][/quote]
    If Schilling wins tonight I am going right out and buying the "Reebok Boot".

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 19 2004, 12:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 19 2004, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mbn007@Oct 19 2004, 08:16 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-nyjunc
    @Oct 19 2004, 06:11 AM

They will be back tonight, although both teams offenses are tired. Schilling is not going to be anywhere near the usual Schilling.
    If Schilling wins tonight I am going right out and buying the "Reebok Boot". [/b][/quote]
    He look awkward on the throws they showed of him throwing.

It did not look like he could push off on his ankle. One of the points they made in Game 1. Granted it was on grass, but he looked like he had a ski boot on.