Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Science or Bush

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]This year, 48 Nobel laureates dropped all pretense of nonpartisanship as they signed a letter endorsing Senator John Kerry. "Unlike previous administrations, Republican and Democratic alike, the Bush administration has ignored unbiased scientific advice in the policy making that is so important to our collective welfare," they wrote. The critics include members of past Republican administrations.

This month, three NASA scientists and several officials at NASA headquarters and at two agency research centers described how news releases on new global warming studies had been revised by administrators to play down definitiveness or risks. The scientists and officials said other releases had been delayed. "You have to be evenhanded in reporting science results, and it's apparent that there is a tendency for that not to be occurring now," said Dr. James E. Hansen, a climate expert who is director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in Manhattan.

[/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/19/science/19poli.html?8dpc]Science vs Bush [/url]

TomShane
    Matt, Matt, Matt. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we should engage in curing disease and limiting birth defects! You know that Bush doesn't make a move without consulting the Bible!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah the Bible, and if that's not available "My Pet Goat" is a sentimental favorite during times of crisis :lol:

seriously tho, when it comes to the environment, Bush doesn't make any moves whatsoever -

why do we have to think about science when Jesus could be coming again any day now? :blink:

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 12:57 AM
    [b] yeah the Bible, and if that's not available "My Pet Goat" is a sentimental favorite during times of crisis :lol:

seriously tho, when it comes to the environment, Bush doesn't make any moves whatsoever -

why do we have to think about science when Jesus could be coming again any day now? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I can't wait for the Republican Jesus to come down and eradicate all the gays and Muslims he can find to prove that Bush was correct! Nothing like having a religious fanatic in the White House!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you think that's something,

just wait until there are 5 religous fanatics in the Supreme Court!

those appointments are for life!

watch out, the fun will really begin :ph34r:

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 01:09 AM
    [b] you think that's something,

watch out, the fun will really begin :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
    Yes! Can they repeal the slavery-freedom thing? I'm sure Bush would like to look into that!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is hilarious. I knew it - soon enough Bitonti was going to blame Bush for the weather!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't these scientists lose their funding for getting involved in politics?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is reality? We humans only have access to the internal experiences of perception and thought, so how can we be sure they truly reflect an external world?

You can ponder this or analyze that till the cows come home, but the real question is whether all your ponderings and analyses will convince you that life is worth living. Thatís what it all comes down to. Everything else is detail.

Reality remains ambiguous until perceived. Think about speed for a moment. Speed is measured by how far something goes divided by how long it takes to get there. It is a measure of space (the distance traveled) divided by a measure of time (the duration of the journey).

We are used to the fact that objects can move through space, but there is another kind of motion that is equally important: objects also move through time.

Speed of light is constant, and space and time are in the eye of the beholder.

The Alpha and the Omega, if you will.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a mind, where is it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 07:37 AM
    [b] If you have a mind, where is it? [/b][/quote]
    What if C-A-T really spelled DOG?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 12:57 AM
    [b] yeah the Bible, and if that's not available "My Pet Goat" is a sentimental favorite during times of crisis :lol:

why do we have to think about science when Jesus could be coming again any day now? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Your mind is said to exist. Then where is it?

You're a clever boy, Bitonti, you know so much about science and religion, and everything else, so [b]scientifically[/b] show me. Nothing major, just the basics: size, width, weight, location...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 12:09 AM
    [b]you think that's something,

watch out, the fun will really begin :ph34r:[/b][/quote]
    You had better hope this country stays the stong Christan nation that the founding fathers started, because if it becomes a Muslim nation you won't be making post like this anymore, free choice will be a thing of the past.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Destanee+Oct 19 2004, 08:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Destanee &#064; Oct 19 2004, 08:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 12:09 AM
    [b]you think that&#39;s something,

just wait until there are 5 religous fanatics in the Supreme Court&#33;

those appointments are for life&#33;

You had better hope this country stays the stong Christan nation that the founding fathers started, because if it becomes a Muslim nation you won&#39;t be making post like this anymore, free choice will be a thing of the past. [/b][/quote]
    So, I wonder which is more likely....

The U.S. becoming a "Muslim Nation".....

Or the U.S. becoming a Police State due to our paranoia of terrorism.

After all, we&#39;ve had intelligent posters here, some of the best we have to offer here, suggest that Democrats and Liberals should be killed by the State for Treason. We&#39;ve had folks suggest that being Anti-Bush is being Anti-America, regardless of the reasoning. We&#39;ve had folks say if you do not back the Party, then you should move to France or shut up.

Add in the Patriot act and other laws designed to remove the freedoms and rights of America in the name of Safety (some good, some bad) and I know wich potential is more likely as I see it.

Of course, some like that idea, the idea of a county where rights are severly limited, and any religion other than Chritianity is discriminated against or forced to accept Christian values (of which many Christians break regularly btw).

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 12:49 AM
    [b] [quote][b]This year, 48 Nobel laureates dropped all pretense of nonpartisanship as they signed a letter endorsing Senator John Kerry. [/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/19/science/19poli.html?8dpc]Science vs Bush [/url] [/b][/quote]
    Here&#39;s just a few:

[img]http://www.protestwarrior.com/nimages/signs/large/pw_sign_09.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this post has nothing to do with the War, it&#39;s about science and how Bush ignores the entire community.

It&#39;s one thing to marginalize Jimmy Carter - what about the other 47 Nobel Laureates?

face the facts Bush doesn&#39;t recognise science and does so at the risk of the whole nation

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Destanee+Oct 19 2004, 07:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Destanee &#064; Oct 19 2004, 07:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 12:09 AM
    [b]you think that&#39;s something,

just wait until there are 5 religous fanatics in the Supreme Court&#33;

those appointments are for life&#33;

You had better hope this country stays the stong Christan nation that the founding fathers started, because if it becomes a Muslim nation you won&#39;t be making post like this anymore, free choice will be a thing of the past.[/b][/quote]
    Its been for the most part a Christian nation for over two hundred years, and our freedoms are based on it. The constitution was to protect religion from the govenment not the govenment from religion. Christianity is about freedom of choice,unless the choice interferes with the lawful freewill of others. For example if because a three month old baby can&#39;t speak out or defend itself it still has the will to live and it is the same for a unborn baby it wants to live too.Therefore is it is up to a true christian to try to protect the life of a run away slave in the past or a unborn child today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    doesn&#39;t matter if you make Abortion illegal it won&#39;t stop the practice - it will just force people into midnight back alley abortions...

how did this post turn into an abortion discussion? this is supposed to be about how Bush ignores the entire science community.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Christianity is about freedom of choice,unless the choice interferes with the lawful freewill of others. [/b][/quote]

Really? Sure seems the ten commandments and good chunks of Catholic/Chritian philosophy is intended to RESTRICT freedom of choice, not expand it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Its been for the most part a Christian nation for over two hundred years, and our freedoms are based on it. The constitution was to protect religion from the govenment not the govenment from religion. Christianity is about freedom of choice,unless the choice interferes with the lawful freewill of others. For example if because a three month old baby can&#39;t speak out or defend itself it still has the will to live and it is the same for a unborn baby it wants to live too.Therefore is it is up to a true christian to try to protect the life of a run away slave in the past or a unborn child today. [/b][/quote]

Yeah Christianity is the religion that promotes freedom of choice. Esteemed Christian leaders like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson are shining examples of tolerance.

Get your head out of your ass. Be a Christian if you want, but this country was founded on the pricple of all people being equal. Purging all the heathens will not strenghten this country.