Thread: Two Brothers in a knife fight...

That's what this series reminds me of. It's like these two teams are locked in a mortal struggle, stabbing each other repeatedly and rolling around in the dirt.... The Yankees opened by smashing the Sox in the face, the Sox have come back with two down and dirty drawn out wins.

Speaking as a Sox fan.... I don't know how much is left for game 6..... Looking at the Yankees I don't know about there either, f***, Rivera has thrown, what, 62 pitches in a 24 hour span?

Whichever team (probably the Yankees) makes it to the WS, they are going to be bruised, battered, and bleeding. The wounds may be mortal for the team that wins it.

Hell of a sight to behold.

The NL team is likely to have a huge edge for the WS the way the ALCS is going..... but these two teams are fighting for the championship of each other.

I have to say, as depressed as I was two days ago, I am so proud of my team right now. F*cking nails across the board. F*cking nails.

Well hopefully, St. Louis can rally and extend the series and make it very taxing on Houston and themselves.

I am curious to see what happens if Game 6 is close in the 8th or 9th, who will have to come out and saver the game.

As you pointed out Rivera has 62 pitches and Foulke 72.

If it is close, it is going to be nerve racking. I liked the fact that Francona only went with Arroyo and Myers for short stints.

The way I see it, the Yanks have Vasquez as a long guy for tonight, and Sturtze, Heredia and Quantrill (if he's healthy) as a short guy. Brown starts game 7, if necessary.

For the Bosox, it gets interesting. I guess Timlin, Enbree, and arroyo can give you an inning, an Myers gets in the mix also. But I don't see a long guy, as Lowe, who pitched a lot in Game 4 on Sunday, probably has to be held back for Game 7. Wakefield is also out for tonight, but becomes a 2 inning guy for Game 7, if necessary.

If it's slippery out there (it's raining in NY City now, and has been for several hours) and with the forecast for drizzle and damp throughout the late afternoon, into the evening, this could really effect Schilling more than Lieber. And if Curt can't go long, it gets real interesting for the Bosox as to who gives them 3-4 nnings out of the pen.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 19 2004, 05:34 AM
    I am curious to see what happens if Game 6 is close in the 8th or 9th, who will have to come out and saver the game.

As you pointed out Rivera has 62 pitches and Foulke 72.
    I would guess that Mo will only come in for the 9th, and only if the Yanks have the lead. No way he's there for the 8th. I would also hold back Gordon, who has pitched in 3 straight games, not that effectively though.

Neither team has much left. The rainout Friday has really put these teams in a "Life and Death" struggle.

Sox fans are gonna to be holding their breath with every pitch that Schilling throws hoping that his ankle stays together. Yankee fans will be hoping that Leiber can give them another performance like game 2. If team that has to go their bullpen first will probably end up losing the game.

As far as game 5 is concerned all I can say is WOW. From Jeter clearing the bases to give Yankees a lead to the Sox climbing back in it off Mariano (AGAIN) to just some of the most atrocious umpiring I have seen since Eric Gregg in the 97 NLCS to both teams leaving a million runners on base. Loaiza was great, the Sox bullpen did a great job keeping the game a 4-4.

This is a very different series now than it was about 48 hours ago. The weather is not good right now but I don't think there is anyway they call this game. (A day off though would really benefit both teams bullpens but knowing MLB and their deal with Fox that is not going to happen) Cold and damp cannot help Schilling's ankle so I'll say (and hope) the Yanks wrap it up tonight.

Originally posted by shawn306@Oct 19 2004, 11:08 AM
    Cold and damp cannot help Schilling's ankle so I'll say (and hope) the Yanks wrap it up tonight.
    Good points especially this one.

I think I heard on ESPN they ar enot going to give him a shot and/or medicine for it.

All Pro
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 19 2004, 09:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 19 2004, 09:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shawn306@Oct 19 2004, 11:08 AM
    Cold and damp cannot help Schilling&#39;s ankle so I&#39;ll say (and hope) the Yanks wrap it up tonight.
    Good points especially this one.

I think I heard on ESPN they ar enot going to give him a shot and/or medicine for it. [/b][/quote]
    :o Wouldn&#39;t tonight be a night that you would want to give him something for his ankle??

Maxman
    Why would 2 brother get into a knife fight in the first place?

Shouldn&#39;t the parents just intervene and sit these 2 kids down. Talking these things out is really best for all parties involved.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 19 2004, 02:26 PM
    Why would 2 brother get into a knife fight in the first place?

Shouldn&#39;t the parents just intervene and sit these 2 kids down. Talking these things out is really best for all parties involved.
    You should check out some of Meth&#39;d out crack heads here in KC.