Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The onle way the Sox take this series is....

If they show up @ the game and everyone got a same Haircut and a fresh shave and cleaned the pine tar off their helmets.

Untill them Yanks in 6

The only way the Sox have a chance in hell is if Schilling goes deep. If he has another game 1 performance, even if it is short because of injury it could get ugly.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 19 2004, 05:21 AM
    The only way the Sox have a chance in hell is if Schilling goes deep. If he has another game 1 performance, even if it is short because of injury it could get ugly.
    Agreed. The team that needs long relief tonight is in trouble.

Hall Of Fame
    I love the pinetar on the helmets. The faded, abused lids Nixon wears are also cool.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We need Lieber to chuck a 2nd good game....IN A ROW

Hall Of Fame
    I'm preparing for the worst, myself. One of those gut-wrenching losses - a walk off homer by the ugliest man on Erath (Matsui) in the bottom of the.....um.....hey, let's go for 17 innings tonight!

Saw a sign that read "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" - Personally, I'm fighting that urge right now - #%@#$%^&&**(!

:lol:

As a Baseball fan, you cant beat the Yanks-Red sox for the drama. As a Mets fan, I am rooting for the Sox to win tonight and have a game 7. That would be sweet.

One game, to decide it all....mano a mano!

WOW

I hope Schilling pitches well tonight..it would be amazing to see a game 7.

LL

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 19 2004, 11:50 AM

Saw a sign that read "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" - Personally, I'm fighting that urge right now - #%@#$%^&&**(!

:lol:
    Already there sista.

Ready for the next kick to the nuts.

Thank You Sir, may I have another?

Maxman
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 19 2004, 08:27 AM
    Lieber is going to walk away with the series MVP award.

You heard it hear first.

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 19 2004, 11:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 19 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet@Oct 19 2004, 08:27 AM

You heard it hear first. [/b][/quote]
    He sure as hell will if he pitches a gem tonight....if he doesn&#39;t and the Yanks win, who is it...ARod, Matsui, or the Juice Head? (Or maybe they&#39;ll just give it to Jeter because of his calm eyes)

Maxman
    Originally posted by gmogmo+Oct 19 2004, 10:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gmogmo @ Oct 19 2004, 10:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 19 2004, 11:34 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet
    @Oct 19 2004, 08:27 AM

You heard it hear first.
    He sure as hell will if he pitches a gem tonight....if he doesn&#39;t and the Yanks win, who is it...ARod, Matsui, or the Juice Head? (Or maybe they&#39;ll just give it to Jeter because of his calm eyes) [/b][/quote]
    Actually I think Ortiz might win it, even if the Sox lose tonight. He hit enough to cover for Manny and Damon so far.

Ortiz is carrying the Sox, but can&#39;t give it to a guy on a losing team.

I wonder if the Sox are giving any thought to playing Roberts over Damon (no clue what their respective splits are against Leiber) tonight, he&#39;s actually been worse than Bellhorn the Human K Machine.

Maxman
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Oct 19 2004, 11:06 AM
    Ortiz is carrying the Sox, but can&#39;t give it to a guy on a losing team.

I wonder if the Sox are giving any thought to playing Roberts over Damon (no clue what their respective splits are against Leiber) tonight, he&#39;s actually been worse than Bellhorn the Human K Machine.
    It would be a bold move but Roberts seems to be locked in on the bases right now. I think McCarver said...he looks like he is going on every pitch.

Seeing the Sox even try to sacrifice and steal bases certainly is something new.

Hall Of Fame
    You don&#39;t bench Damon. The only thing I wouldn&#39;t mind seeing Francona do is move ortiz to bat 3rd so he has manny behind him. If he stays 4th then I don&#39;t think he sees many pitches tonight.

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 19 2004, 11:33 AM
    You don&#39;t bench Damon. The only thing I wouldn&#39;t mind seeing Francona do is move ortiz to bat 3rd so he has manny behind him. If he stays 4th then I don&#39;t think he sees many pitches tonight.
    I think Ortiz is getting hit tonight. The Yankees have been hit a few times and Matsui almost had his head taken off. They have to catch up in the Hit Batsmen race.

They would laugh at getting hit by a Leiber meatball.

Hall Of Fame
    My question: why not Pokey at 2nd instead of Belhorn? Could he be any worse at the plate - and he&#39;s certainly better on the field......anyone?????

I think Terry is trying to win with bats especially after the first three games.

I was surprised they left Tek in after his last AB last night. He had three passed balls that one inning. Why not bring in Wake&#39; catcher Mirabelli. It would have been like the 16th inning before Tek got another AB. Plus, Mirabelli is decent with the bat.

All Pro
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 19 2004, 01:07 PM
    I think Terry is trying to win with bats especially after the first three games.

Exactly, isn&#39;t that what got them in trouble the first 3 months of the season?

Hall Of Fame
    For Boston to win:

Schilling has to go 8 innings. Or get to the yanks bully.

For the yanks to win:

They need to hit Schilling early.

It is not about Lieber tonight, it&#39;s about Schilling. If he wins buy Reebok shares as you know the focus they will get from this magical boot will be immense.