Thread: Putin Gets It.

Vladimir Putin spells out the painfully obvious truth...

"Any unbiased observer understands that attacks of international terrorist organizations in Iraq, especially nowadays, are targeted not only and not so much against the international coalition as against President Bush," Putin said.

"International terrorists have set as their goal inflicting the maximum damage to Bush, to prevent his election to a second term.

"If they succeed in doing that, they will celebrate a victory over America and over the entire anti-terror coalition," Putin said.

"In that case, this would give an additional impulse to international terrorists and to their activities, and could lead to the spread of terrorism to other parts of the world."

This is going to really chafe liberals and even some of the conservatives reading today will find this harsh, but I'm going to say it anyway because it's absolutely true. If John Kerry wins, many of the same people who celebrated the 9/11 attacks against America will celebrate again. That's because getting an appeaser like John Kerry in the White House would be the best thing to happen to America hating terrorists since 9/11.

Like I said, harsh but true...

Putin "Get's It" eh? So he is a good one to listen to?

OK, if you say so:

[u]SOURCE:[/u] FOXNEWS.COM

[quote][b]Putin also noted his continuing disagreement with Bush on Washington's invasion of Iraq, which Russia strongly opposed as a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council.

"Russia was always against the military operations in Iraq," he said.

.......Putin also said then that the warning didn't change Moscow's opposition to the Iraq war.[/b][/quote]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 01:33 PM
    [b] Putin "Get's It" eh? So he is a good one to listen to?

OK, if you say so:

[quote][b]Putin also noted his continuing disagreement with Bush on Washington's invasion of Iraq, which Russia strongly opposed as a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council.

.......Putin also said then that the warning didn't change Moscow's opposition to the Iraq war.[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    As per your usuall response, try to address the content of the post rather then attacking the source.

what about the opposite being true? if Bush wins wouldn't it be easier for terrorist groups to recruit new operatives? Worldwide who is more hated than George Bush?

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Oct 19 2004, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Oct 19 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 01:33 PM
    [b] Putin "Get&#39;s It" eh? So he is a good one to listen to?

OK, if you say so:

[quote][b]Putin also noted his continuing disagreement with Bush on Washington&#39;s invasion of Iraq, which Russia strongly opposed as a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council.

.......Putin also said then that the warning didn&#39;t change Moscow&#39;s opposition to the Iraq war.[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    As per your usuall response, try to address the content of the post rather then attacking the source. [/b][/quote]
    You misunderstand. I am NOT attacking the source at all.

I am pointing out that the source you so happily quote and request us to believe (because he "Gets It") ALSO believes that the U.S. millitary action in Iraq was 100% [u]wrong[/u].

If you choose to use him as a source, and claim he "Gets It", you cannot expect us to listen to or respect only his positions that back up your personal political ideology Chiefs. We have to take [u]everything[/u] he says, and then judge him as a source.

Do you not agree?

All League
    So let me get this right. You take the word of an ex-commie who has failed miserably at curbing terrorism, yet if someone from France or Germany speaks against Bush you completly discredit them.

Hall Of Fame
    Regardless of what Putin said, didn&#39;t say or do, there is, I think, a substantive issue here, and this is a good a place as any to bring it up....

Let me ask this question, and hopefully, people will respond honestly and seriously to it (I direct it primarily at people who plan on voting [i]against [/i]Bush):

[i]Do you think terrorists, or better yet, terrorist leadership like OBL, have a preference one way or the other regarding the upcoming US Presidential election? If so, who do you think they&#39;d rather see win and why? If not, why not?[/i] Lastly, if they do have a preference, what [i]significance[/i] does this preference have?

N.B. - I am not looking for someone to tell us that a Kerry win would make them cheer up and down because Kerry is going to disband our military and never respond to an attack...nor am I asking for some anti-Bush person to spin this question into yet another "Bush lied&#33;" diatribe. I merely want to know what people think.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 01:55 PM
    [b] [i]Do you think terrorists, or better yet, terrorist leadership like OBL, have a preference one way or the other regarding the upcoming US Presidential election?[/i] [/b][/quote]
    No.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 01:43 PM
    [b] what about the opposite being true? if Bush wins wouldn&#39;t it be easier for terrorist groups to recruit new operatives? Worldwide who is more hated than George Bush? [/b][/quote]
    Thats appeaser talk.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 01:49 PM
    [b] So let me get this right. You take the word of an ex-commie who has failed miserably at curbing terrorism, yet if someone from France or Germany speaks against Bush you completly discredit them. [/b][/quote]
    France and Germany? Are you joking?

[b] Regardless of what Putin said, didn&#39;t say or do, there is, I think, a substantive issue here, and this is a good a place as any to bring it up....

Let me ask this question, and hopefully, people will respond honestly and seriously to it (I direct it primarily at people who plan on voting [i]against [/i]Bush):

[i]Do you think terrorists, or better yet, terrorist leadership like OBL, have a preference one way or the other regarding the upcoming US Presidential election? If so, who do you think they&#39;d rather see win and why? If not, why not?[/i] Lastly, if they do have a preference, what [i]significance[/i] does this preference have?

N.B. - I am not looking for someone to tell us that a Kerry win would make them cheer up and down because Kerry is going to disband our military and never respond to an attack...nor am I asking for some anti-Bush person to spin this question into yet another "Bush lied&#33;" diatribe. I merely want to know what people think. [/b][/quote]
    If the Kerry wins the Terrorists will claim victory. It&#39;s as simple as that.

[b] Regardless of what Putin said, didn&#39;t say or do, there is, I think, a substantive issue here, and this is a good a place as any to bring it up....

N.B. - I am not looking for someone to tell us that a Kerry win would make them cheer up and down because Kerry is going to disband our military and never respond to an attack...nor am I asking for some anti-Bush person to spin this question into yet another "Bush lied&#33;" diatribe. I merely want to know what people think. [/b][/quote]
    Good question, hard to answer.....

I don&#39;t think they do (they don&#39;t get Right Wing Radio or Left Wing Newspapers in their Cave). Even if they did, the two would cancel each other out to some degree.

IF (a big if) they think Kerry will withdraw from Iraq, they might have reason to hope he wins (meeting their desire to have the U.S. out of the Middle East).

Conversely, they may think a Bush win will help them continue their Jihad vs. the West by continuing hostillities and making more Arab muslims hate America (enough to die for that hate), i.e. furthering their "Great cause" to unite the Muslim World vs. the West.

It depends, I think, on what you think their "Final Goal" is.

--If all they want is the U.S. out of Iraq, then they are likely Pro-Kerry.

--If they want an unending war vs. the West, a Muslim vs. All Others "Final War", a war to destory the West forever, then they are likely pro-Bush, as Bush will keep the war in Iraq, and elsewhere, going.

There are other factors too, but these seem to me to be two of the bigger ones involved.

All League
    [quote][b]Regardless of what Putin said, didn&#39;t say or do, there is, I think, a substantive issue here, and this is a good a place as any to bring it up....

Let me ask this question, and hopefully, people will respond honestly and seriously to it (I direct it primarily at people who plan on voting against Bush):

Do you think terrorists, or better yet, terrorist leadership like OBL, have a preference one way or the other regarding the upcoming US Presidential election? If so, who do you think they&#39;d rather see win and why? If not, why not? Lastly, if they do have a preference, what significance does this preference have?

I have a friend in Oman and I talk to him regurarly over IM. The feeling he has portrayed to me is that many people hate the United States, but there are even more people that hate George Bush.

It is my feeling the Bush creates more terrorist. Hell he creates terrorists in this country. There are people willing to travel cross country to demonstrate violently against his sorry ass. They are willing to go to jail to make their point.

I think terrorists and muslims in general both want Kerry to win, because they both want to see a real leader in office and not some rogue gunslinging idiot. Most of the world wants Kerry to win even our great allies Poland and the UK. Having a real leader of the United States is essential for the stability of the current world. Bush exhumes so much hatred among such a vast array of people that it is frightening.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 19 2004, 02:15 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Regardless of what Putin said, didn&#39;t say or do, there is, I think, a substantive issue here, and this is a good a place as any to bring it up....

Let me ask this question, and hopefully, people will respond honestly and seriously to it (I direct it primarily at people who plan on voting against Bush):

Do you think terrorists, or better yet, terrorist leadership like OBL, have a preference one way or the other regarding the upcoming US Presidential election? If so, who do you think they&#39;d rather see win and why? If not, why not? Lastly, if they do have a preference, what significance does this preference have?

I have a friend in Oman and I talk to him regurarly over IM. The feeling he has portrayed to me is that many people hate the United States, but there are even more people that hate George Bush.

It is my feeling the Bush creates more terrorist. Hell he creates terrorists in this country. There are people willing to travel cross country to demonstrate violently against his sorry ass. They are willing to go to jail to make their point.

I think terrorists and muslims in general both want Kerry to win, because they both want to see a real leader in office and not some rogue gunslinging idiot. Most of the world wants Kerry to win even our great allies Poland and the UK. Having a real leader of the United States is essential for the stability of the current world. Bush exhumes so much hatred among such a vast array of people that it is frightening. [/b][/quote]
    I agree that terrorists and muslims want Kerry to win. I differ on the reasoning. They understand that it is to their advantage to have a wimpy appeaser in office because he will be more apt to give in to their demands at every turn.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks for the answers. Personally, I don&#39;t think they have a preference either way. Can&#39;t post much now...will follow up later....