Thread: im sorry but...Posada

is overrated as they come.

this guy hasnt hit consistently in 2 years

Maxman
    Posada wears down every year. His power drops big time in the 2nd half. Unless they get a better backup, the trend will continue.

He calls a good game and is near the top in throwing out runners in the AL though.

Hall Of Fame
    His fielding isn't the greatest, either. HE rode a hot streak eraly in the saeon to respectable numbers. But he's done zilch since around the All Star break. Which could mean he's hurt or overused-AGAIN.

Originally posted by Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:30 AM

Totally agree ... outside of his broken bat bloop off of Pedro in last years Game 7 {which let's be honest, it was total luck}, I cannot recall this guy getting ONE BIG HIT in the post season during his entire tenure with the Yankees, and he's been in every post season game this team has played since 97

GROSSLY OVERRATED PLAYER ... especially in the post season

For the most part this man has been riding the coat-tails of a plethora of Yankees since this run began

exactly

his home run binge in the beginning of the year is the only reason his numbers are respectable.

how many pop outs can we get out of this guy?

PS. Posada is THE LAST YANKEE I wanna see at the plate in a BIG SPOT ... or at least running neck & neck with Tony Clark

Bases loaded and two outs ... down by a run ... I would rather see Miguel Cairo at the plate than Jorge Posada ... at least Cairo MIGHT hit the ball hard

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 01:39 AM

Bases loaded and two outs ... down by a run ... I would rather see Miguel Cairo at the plate than Jorge Posada ... at least Cairo MIGHT hit the ball hard
    ill take Cairo over those two guys easily

at least he puts the ball on the ground....giving himself a chance

Hall Of Fame
    All I was thinking during Clark's 9th inning at bat was just get on to get Cairo to the plate, and they have a shot. Didn't happen.

Originally posted by Matt39+Oct 20 2004, 12:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Matt39 @ Oct 20 2004, 12:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 01:39 AM

ill take Cairo over those two guys easily

at least he puts the ball on the ground....giving himself a chance [/b][/quote]
    Honestly, AND THIS IS NOT A JOKE ... I would feel it was more likely that Bubba Crosby could possibily deliver a hit in that situation than Jorge Posada

NO KIDDING ... I was absolutely amazed when he put the bat on the ball verses Pedro in last years Game 7 ... I was stunned ... not that he got a lucky bloop basehit, but just that he put the bat on the ball and put the ball in play at the same time

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 19 2004, 11:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 19 2004, 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:30 AM

Totally agree ... outside of his broken bat bloop off of Pedro in last years Game 7 {which let&#39;s be honest, it was total luck}, I cannot recall this guy getting ONE BIG HIT in the post season during his entire tenure with the Yankees, and he&#39;s been in every post season game this team has played since 97

For the most part this man has been riding the coat-tails of a plethora of Yankees since this run began [/b][/quote]
    And you know whats worst? A baseball insider was on ESPN radio sometime in late september and he said the Yanks did not want to trade Posada for Randy Johnson. Not only that, had they traded Posada they could have had Jason Kendall in a salary dump.

Posada for Johnson. hmmmmm

Wouldnt it be nice handing the ball to the big Unit for game 7 tomorrow instead of the Brown/Vasquez/Duque/Loiaza connection?

Jorge is about as clutch as Gilligan

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 19 2004, 10:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 19 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:30 AM

Totally agree ... outside of his broken bat bloop off of Pedro in last years Game 7 {which let&#39;s be honest, it was total luck}, I cannot recall this guy getting ONE BIG HIT in the post season during his entire tenure with the Yankees, and he&#39;s been in every post season game this team has played since 97

For the most part this man has been riding the coat-tails of a plethora of Yankees since this run began [/b][/quote]
    If you call his hit off Pedro luck, what about Ortiz&#39;s hit of Loiza in Game 5? It was the exact same broken bat bloop.

Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 19 2004, 10:43 PM
    All I was thinking during Clark&#39;s 9th inning at bat was just get on to get Cairo to the plate, and they have a shot. Didn&#39;t happen.
    I was hoping for a pinch hitter. Torre was going for the HR ball.

Didn&#39;t happen.

Maxman
    Originally posted by mbn007+Oct 20 2004, 07:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Oct 20 2004, 07:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bugg@Oct 19 2004, 10:43 PM
    All I was thinking during Clark&#39;s 9th inning at bat was just get on to get Cairo to the plate, and they have a shot. Didn&#39;t happen.
    I was hoping for a pinch hitter. Torre was going for the HR ball.

Didn&#39;t happen. [/b][/quote]
    If it was 2nd and 3rd you may have seen Lofton bat there. But 1st and 2nd, a HR was really the only shot, the OF&#39;s were playing so damn deep, nobody was scoring from 1st.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hope Torre puts Lofton in the lineup for Sierra

I felt the wind of Sierras wild swings down here in Carolina

Maxman
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 20 2004, 10:31 AM
    Hope Torre puts Lofton in the lineup for Sierra

I felt the wind of Sierras wild swings down here in Carolina
    Lofton definitely plays tonight. It would be shocked if he didn&#39;t.

The Yankees need to get back to their roots and string a bunch of hits together, score that way. Lofton will be in the lineup batting 9th.