Thread: The Yankees Were Robbed

Maxman
    The Umps had both the home run call and the AROD 1st base call right. They they over turned them in error.

Only kidding...obviously the UMPS got things right the 2nd time around.

But now that I have your attention:

Why does everyone feel the need to litter this board with profanity right now? Seriously guys grow up. Express your point like we have all year or go kick your dog. But I am sick of reading profanity laced tirades. You are making NY Fans look like crybabies.

The Yankees win in 7.

Hey they got the calls right. BUT Ill say this. Since when do umpires huddle and conference a call every time a manager argues something? Hey, im all for that. I really am BUT YOU HARDLY EVER SEE THAT! Every time Francona came out to argue the boys huddled and discussed it. Why dont i see that more often? WHy dont I see it EVERY TIME a manager disputes a call.

Lets be consistent here. All of a sudden in thE ALCS things change? WTF?

Maxman
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@Oct 20 2004, 12:37 AM
    Hey they got the calls right. BUT Ill say this. Since when do umpires huddle and conference a call every time a manager argues something? Hey, im all for that. I really am BUT i never SAW THAT BEFORE! Every time Francona came out to argue the boys huddled and discussed it. Why dont i see that more often? WHy dont I see it EVERY TIME a manager disputes a call.

Lets be consistent here. All of a sudden in teh ALCS things change? WTF?
    I can only hope on the HR ball they were going to huddle but Francona came out before they did.

If they huddled because of Francona complaining that is just wrong. Need to go puke now.

By the way how did the LF Umpire miss the HR call in the 1st place. I got it right at full speed at home. He was right there, what the hell was he looking at?

max...lighten up

its 12:30 am after the yanks just lost 3 straight games to the RED SOX.

let people vent

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 19 2004, 11:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman &#064; Oct 19 2004, 11:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMan57@Oct 20 2004, 12:37 AM
    Hey they got the calls right. BUT Ill say this. Since when do umpires huddle and conference a call every time a manager argues something? Hey, im all for that. I really am BUT i never SAW THAT BEFORE&#33; Every time Francona came out to argue the boys huddled and discussed it. Why dont i see that more often? WHy dont I see it EVERY TIME a manager disputes a call.

I can only hope on the HR ball they were going to huddle but Francona came out before they did.

If they huddled because of Francona complaining that is just wrong. Need to go puke now.

By the way how did the LF Umpire miss the HR call in the 1st place. I got it right at full speed at home. He was right there, what the hell was he looking at? [/b][/quote]
    I wonder the samething. And yes he umps huddled BOTH times after Francona came out to argue the call. Otherwise the calls would have stood.

All Im saying is I want to see that ALL THE TIME&#33; FOR EVERY CALL&#33; SPRING TRAINING, REGULAR SEASON AND PLAYOFF GAMES&#33;

Thats all im asking.

All League
    Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 19 2004, 11:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 19 2004, 11:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMan57@Oct 20 2004, 12:37 AM
    Hey they got the calls right. BUT Ill say this. Since when do umpires huddle and conference a call every time a manager argues something? Hey, im all for that. I really am BUT i never SAW THAT BEFORE&#33; Every time Francona came out to argue the boys huddled and discussed it. Why dont i see that more often? WHy dont I see it EVERY TIME a manager disputes a call.

By the way how did the LF Umpire miss the HR call in the 1st place. I got it right at full speed at home. He was right there, what the hell was he looking at? [/b][/quote]
    Maybe a little &#036;&#036;&#036; in his pocket :lol:

Maxman
    Originally posted by Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:40 AM
    max...lighten up

let people vent
    Dude vent all you want. There is no problem there. But why so many F Bombs?

Maxman
    Originally posted by Icer@Oct 20 2004, 12:42 AM

By the way how did the LF Umpire miss the HR call in the 1st place. I got it right at full speed at home. He was right there, what the hell was he looking at?

[/quote]
    Then I guess the Red Sox came in with a better offer&#33;

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 20 2004, 01:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 20 2004, 01:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:40 AM
    max...lighten up

let people vent
    Dude vent all you want. There is no problem there. But why so many F Bombs? [/b][/quote]
    well ive been on the sauce all night...

apologies though

Maxman
    Originally posted by Matt39+Oct 20 2004, 12:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Matt39 @ Oct 20 2004, 12:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 20 2004, 01:44 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Matt39
    @Oct 20 2004, 12:40 AM
    max...lighten up

let people vent

Dude vent all you want. There is no problem there. But why so many F Bombs?
    well ive been on the sauce all night...

apologies though [/b][/quote]
    The Sox fans are coming, the Sox fans are coming. No need to apologize. Save the FBOMBs in case the Yankees lose tomorrow&#33;

In the meantime keep up the united front. After all it is the Sox the Yankees are playing. In a Game 7. Enough said.

All League
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 19 2004, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer,Oct 20 2004, 12:42 AM

[/quote]
    Georgie must have forgot to pay them all off, not just 2

im over game 6.

did you expect anything less than a game 7 here?

sudden death

winner take all

0-0

BRING IT

Theyve been losing for 100 years.

What makes you think theyll start winning now?

Maxman
    Originally posted by Icer@Oct 20 2004, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxman,Oct 19 2004, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer,Oct 20 2004, 12:42 AM

Georgie must have forgot to pay them all off, not just 2
    [/quote]
    Damn Cashman forgot about the extra outfield umps. George is going to be pissed.

Hey my last thought for the night:

I have not heard what Torre is going to do tomorrow. But I am going on record as saying I would give the ball to Brown. He hasn&#39;t been great but he is tough and has been in similar spots before. I am going with experience.

Javier is tough as well but his ball is flat and hittable at this point. For those of you playing the home version, flat and hittable are not qualities you look for in a Game 7 starter.

Congrats to all you Sox fans. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Yankees in 7&#33;

Thank you and good night.

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 19 2004, 11:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 19 2004, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:40 AM
    max...lighten up

let people vent
    Dude vent all you want. There is no problem there. But why so many F Bombs? [/b][/quote]
    F-bombs just leave a sweet taste in my mouth when i spit them out

So f*ck off :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Good game by the umps. Can&#39;t believe I&#39;m saying that, but it was. The strikezone was consistant (excpet for one incredibly bad non call of a strike over the middle to Matsui I think). But I was happy to see the umps confer and talk it over. Both correct calls and I&#39;m glad yankee fans that saw the replays agree.

All League
    Originally posted by Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:40 AM
    max...lighten up

let people vent
    how is typing something on a message board really a means of &#39;&#39;venting&#39;&#39;? wouldnt yelling suffice?

Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Oct 20 2004, 12:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsfan80 @ Oct 20 2004, 12:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Matt39@Oct 20 2004, 12:40 AM
    max...lighten up

let people vent
    how is typing something on a message board really a means of &#39;&#39;venting&#39;&#39;? wouldnt yelling suffice? [/b][/quote]
    Nope.

The guys who vent here really smack that keyboard hard.