Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOTTOM LINE

Banned
    For Red Sox fans, there are no moral victories when you get to a Game 7 of the ALCS ... especially when you haven't won a WS since 1918 ... so spare me the BS if you're trying to sell that bill of goods

Now that you made it this far, you are 9 innings away from the WS just like the Yankees ... NONE OF THIS MORAL VICTORY NONSENSE ... now it's either absolute exhiloration or absolute devistation ... and if you're trying to sell something else you'll have to sell it elsewhere, cause GJ&H ain't buying it

And if you are a Yankee fan, this team either wins Game 7 or they go down in history as one of the greatest choke artists in post season history ... IF NOT THEE GREATEST ... and they will have absolutely disgraced the uniform that they wear

Not so much the few guys who have already won their share of rings, but absolutely each and every one of the newcomers ... every last one of them will be forever linked with the greatest collapse in post season history, that will be their Yankee legacy, and if you're trying to sell something else I offer you the same advice I gave the Red Sox fans who wanna sell some MORAL VICTORY CRAP at this stage of the game ... sell it elsewhere cause GJ&H ain't buying it

AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE ... FOR BOTH CAMPS

All League
    yep

Veteran
    Here's hoping they disgrace the uniforms they wear.

Go Sox!

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 12:03 AM
    For Red Sox fans, there are no moral victories when you get to a Game 7 of the ALCS ... especially when you haven't won a WS since 1918 ... so spare me the BS if you're trying to sell that bill of goods

Now that you made it this far, you are 9 innings away from the WS just like the Yankees ... NONE OF THIS MORAL VICTORY NONSENSE ... now it's either absolute exhiloration or absolute devistation ... and if you're trying to sell something else you'll have to sell it elsewhere, cause GJ&H ain't buying it

And if you are a Yankee fan, this team either wins Game 7 or they go down in history as one of the greatest choke artists in post season history ... IN NOT THEE GREATEST ... and they will have absolutely disgraced the uniform that they wear

Not so much the few guys who have already won their share of rings, but absolutely each and every one of the newcomers ... every last one of them will be forever linked with the greatest collapse in post season history, that will be their Yankee legacy, and if you're trying to sell something else I offer you the same advice I gave the Red Sox fans who wanna sell some MORAL VICTORY CRAP at this stage of the game ... sell it elsewhere cause GJ&H ain't buying it

Sorry GJ, that's just not true.

IMO the Sox are playing with house money. Everyone left them for dead days ago. Will it hurt just as much if they lose game 7? Of course.

But they have already accomplished something NO ONE has done in MLB history, and they have given us as New Englanders reason to be proud of our team.

All League
    If your the Yanks, it's the same thing as it was in last year's 7th game...GET TO MARIANO. If you hear "Enter Sandman", they have a shot. Not having everyone but Cairo trying to hit a homer in every at bat would help. And letting strikes go by is stupidity. Working the count is one thing on some Tuesday in July vs. the Devil Rays; the Sawx pitchers will throw strikes early in the count. Take it the other way.

If they don't, good luck to the Sawx vs. Clemens.

All League
    Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 20 2004, 02:08 AM
    If your the Yanks, it's the same thing as it was in last year's 7th game...GET TO MARIANO. If you hear "Enter Sandman", they have a shot. Not having everyone but Cairo trying to hit a homer in every at bat would help. And letting strikes go by is stupidity. Working the count is one thing on some Tuesday in July vs. the Devil Rays; the Sawx pitchers will throw strikes early in the count. Take it the other way.

If they don't, good luck to the Sawx vs. Clemens.
    jeez...thanks fo rmentioning that

Yankees are standing at the plate like its a Sunday afternoon game in Toronto working the count.

Take some meaningful cuts in the beginning of the count.

All Pro
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Oct 20 2004, 12:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RichardSeymour @ Oct 20 2004, 12:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 12:03 AM
    For Red Sox fans, there are no moral victories when you get to a Game 7 of the ALCS ... especially when you haven&#39;t won a WS since 1918 ... so spare me the BS if you&#39;re trying to sell that bill of goods

Now that you made it this far, you are 9 innings away from the WS just like the Yankees ... NONE OF THIS MORAL VICTORY NONSENSE ... now it&#39;s either absolute exhiloration or absolute devistation ... and if you&#39;re trying to sell something else you&#39;ll have to sell it elsewhere, cause GJ&H ain&#39;t buying it

And if you are a Yankee fan, this team either wins Game 7 or they go down in history as one of the greatest choke artists in post season history ... IN NOT THEE GREATEST ... and they will have absolutely disgraced the uniform that they wear

Not so much the few guys who have already won their share of rings, but absolutely each and every one of the newcomers ... every last one of them will be forever linked with the greatest collapse in post season history, that will be their Yankee legacy, and if you&#39;re trying to sell something else I offer you the same advice I gave the Red Sox fans who wanna sell some MORAL VICTORY CRAP at this stage of the game ... sell it elsewhere cause GJ&H ain&#39;t buying it

Sorry GJ, that&#39;s just not true.

IMO the Sox are playing with house money. Everyone left them for dead days ago. Will it hurt just as much if they lose game 7? Of course.

But they have already accomplished something NO ONE has done in MLB history, and they have given us as New Englanders reason to be proud of our team. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t you understand, the Yankees are not only America&#39;s self-appointed team, they&#39;re god&#39;s team and god has determined that only the Yankees are to win WS titles.

So in reality, the Red Sox are refusing to obey God&#39;s orders. Francona and company will burn in the depths of hell for the audacity to not lay down to the high and mighty NY Yankees.

Banned
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 20 2004, 01:07 AM

IMO the Sox are playing with house money.
    Sorry Bro, that&#39;s LOSER TALK ... when you are in a Game 7 YOU WIN or YOU SUFFER

To say anything else is absolute garbage ... loser talk ... you know it and I know it

You are sitting 9 innings away from the WS tonite ... same as us ... and you haven&#39;t won a WS since 1918 ... NOT THE SAME AS US ... so to come this far and lose a Game 7 is absolute devistation, and to say otherwise is a complete joke

Sorry Bro, I laid out the truth for BOTH SIDES ... as Jack Nicholson said, can you handle the truth?

I can handle it from my end ... can you handle it from yours?

All League
    Holy crap, you are a worried SOB. On Saturday night I was reading posts saying how bad you felt for us true Boston fans. Now you are saying no matter what we have done it is worth nothing if we don&#39;t win tomorrow??&#33;&#33; You are so wrong. We are fans to see our team win, that&#39;s for sure. But most importantly we are fans as we are poud of our team. Right now I wear my Red Sox hat with pride. Granted it looked very bleak last Saturday, but now it looks good. I&#39;m not making excuses if we lose tomorrow, I&#39;m just saying that given we were 3-0 down and 9 innings away from elimination this team has shown me EVERYTHING that makes me proud to be a Red Sox fan. So spare me your crap about tomorrow being everything as it just screams of desperation and actual fear that you may lose. On Saturday you had no fear. Tonight you do. And you know what? Come Thursday morning my hat will still be worn with pride as Boston has eliminated ALL pressure from them and represented. We were supposed to lose as of about 9pm last Saturday. Well it is now Wednesday. The pressure is all on the yanks.

Banned
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 20 2004, 01:12 AM
    Holy crap, you are a worried SOB. On Saturday night I was reading posts saying how bad you felt for us true Boston fans. Now you are saying no matter what we have done it is worth nothing if we don&#39;t win tomorrow??&#33;&#33; You are so wrong. We are fans to see our team win, that&#39;s for sure. But most importantly we are fans as we are poud of our team. Right now I wear my Red Sox hat with pride. Granted it looked very bleak last Saturday, but now it looks good. I&#39;m not making excuses if we lose tomorrow, I&#39;m just saying that given we were 3-0 down and 9 innings away from elimination this team has shown me EVERYTHING that makes me proud to be a Red Sox fan. So spare me your crap about tomorrow being everything as it just screams of desperation and actual fear that you may lose. On Saturday you had no fear. Tonight you do. And you know what? Come Thursday morning my hat will still be worn with pride as Boston has eliminated ALL pressure from them and represented. We were supposed to lose as of about 9pm last Saturday. Well it is now Wednesday. The pressure is all on the yanks.
    I&#39;ll tell you this much ... if the Yankees win Game 7 they&#39;ll be spraying champage till the wee hours of the nite and Yankee fans will be doing the same

It&#39;s like child birth, Scot ... once that precious baby is born, you don&#39;t remember the pain ... but of course Sox fans wouldn&#39;t know that, so that&#39;s why I&#39;m giving you the scoop

But to say the Red Sox can lose a Game 7 now that they are 9 innings away from going to the WS ... and beating the Yankees to get there ... ABSOLUTE LOSER TALK

OBTW, and I&#39;m not buying a word of it

You may sell it elsewhere, but this kid ain&#39;t buying it

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 20 2004, 12:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 20 2004, 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RichardSeymour@Oct 20 2004, 01:07 AM

IMO the Sox are playing with house money.
    Sorry Bro, that&#39;s LOSER TALK ... when you are in a Game 7 YOU WIN or YOU SUFFER

To say anything else is absolute garbage ... loser talk ... you know it and I know it

You are sitting 9 innings away from the WS tonite ... same as us ... and you haven&#39;t won a WS since 1918 ... NOT THE SAME AS US ... so to come this far and lose a Game 7 is absolute devistation, and to say otherwise is a complete joke

Sorry Bro, I laid out the truth for BOTH SIDES ... as Jack Nicholson said, can you handle the truth?

I can handle it from my end ... can you handle it from yours? [/b][/quote]
    I just honestly disagree. What happened over these last few days doesn&#39;t get erased or invalidated.

The Yankees choked and the Red Sox showed guts, heart, and balls the size of planets.

That will be effected by the light of what happens tomorrow, but not erased.

If the Red Sox had lost game 4, I would have been ashamed, embarassed, and deeply saddened.

If the Red Sox lose game 7, I will be even MORE deeply saddened (I will cry my eyes out I promise you), but I will hold my head high, and I will be so proud of this team for fighting and clawing until the last dog died.

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 20 2004, 12:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 20 2004, 12:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet@Oct 20 2004, 01:12 AM
    I&#39;ll tell you this much ... if the Yankees win Game 7 they&#39;ll be spraying champage till the wee hours of the nite and Yankee fans will be doing the same

It&#39;s like child birth, Scot ... once that precious baby is born, you don&#39;t remember the pain ... but of course Sox fans wouldn&#39;t know that, so that&#39;s why I&#39;m giving you the scoop

But to say the Red Sox can lose a Game 7 now that they are 9 innings away from going to the WS ... and beating the Yankees to get there ... ABSOLUTE LOSER TALK

OBTW, and I&#39;m not buying a word of it

You may sell it elsewhere, but this kid ain&#39;t buying it [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re just mad. Take a deep breath. Tomorrow is a new day.

Remember.......it&#39;s only a game for boys.

Banned
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 20 2004, 12:18 AM
    If the Red Sox lose game 7, I will be even MORE deeply saddened (I will cry my eyes out I promise you), but I will hold my head high, and I will be so proud of this team for fighting and clawing until the last dog died.
    Cry if you must, be please, save some tears for Sunday.

Banned
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 12:03 AM

And if you are a Yankee fan, this team either wins Game 7 or they go down in history as one of the greatest choke artists in post season history ... IF NOT THEE GREATEST ... and they will have absolutely disgraced the uniform that they wear

Now you have gone too far... We are the greatest post season team in SPORTS HISTORY...one 7 game series will NEVER,EVER diminish that.

It might be the biggest choke job in baseball history but you can&#39;t call the Yankees as a whole, choke artists .

That like calling the sox winners if they win this series

Banned
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 20 2004, 01:18 AM
    I just honestly disagree. What happened over these last few days doesn&#39;t get erased or invalidated.

The Yankees choked and the Red Sox showed guts, heart, and balls the size of planets.
    RS, this is where you are wrong ... the Yankees are CHOKING ... I have been crystal clear about that where other Yankee fans have buried their heads in the sand

BUT ... the Yankees have not "CHOKED" unless they LOSE THE SERIES

As I said, and I know you guys are not very familiar with how this works {not being sarcastic, just trying to sincerely explain the feeling} .....

"This stuff is like child birth ... once that precious baby has been born, the mother no longer remembers the pain ... she sees only that beautiful baby"

That&#39;s how winning the ALCS or WS works ... so you have not "CHOKED" until you lose

Again, should the Yankees win Game 7 they will be spraying champagne till the wee hours of the morning ... and Yankee fans will be doing the same

This is important to note .... there is CHOKING and there is CHOKED ... one is present tense and the other is past tense ... you still have a game to win if you wish to tag that label on the 2004 NY Yankees, and gain yourself a trip to the WS while you&#39;re at it

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Oct 20 2004, 01:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Oct 20 2004, 01:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 12:03 AM

Now you have gone too far... We are the greatest post season team in SPORTS HISTORY...one 7 game series will NEVER,EVER diminish that.

It might be the biggest choke job in baseball history but you can&#39;t call the Yankees as a whole, choke artists .

That like calling the sox winners if they win this series [/b][/quote]
    Smiz ... I said "THIS TEAM" ... as in the 2004 NY Yankees

"THIS" pertains to the 2004 NY Yankees ... not any other version

Just wanted to be clear about that

Banned
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 20 2004, 12:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 20 2004, 12:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Oct 20 2004, 01:28 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham
    @Oct 20 2004, 12:03 AM

That like calling the sox winners if they win this series
    Smiz ... I said "THIS TEAM" ... as in the 2004 NY Yankees

"THIS" pertains to the 2004 NY Yankees ... not any other version

Just wanted to be clear about that [/b][/quote]
    Clear.

Banned
    I will tell you this, if the yankees choke and loose 4 in a row for the first time in mlb history, AND the Jets get spanked by the Pats.....I just may blow my brains out with a 357 w/silver tip hollow points.

Banned
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Oct 20 2004, 01:56 AM
    I will tell you this, if the yankees choke and loose 4 in a row for the first time in mlb history, AND the Jets get spanked by the Pats.....I just may blow my brains out with a 357 w/silver tip hollow points.
    :lol:

BEST POST OF THE NITE

Thanks Vinny ... you&#39;re a standup guy and an honest man

No sugarcoating it ... both sides are facing euphoria or devistation ... that&#39;s how Game 7&#39;s work

All League
    Originally posted by Mavrik@Oct 20 2004, 12:05 AM
    Here&#39;s hoping they disgrace the uniforms they wear.

Go Sox&#33;
    ditto

yankees can&#39;t lose enough for me

go sox