Thread: History in the making

All Pro
    Mind you that no one has EVER, EVER come back from 3-0 to force a game 7. In over 90 years of baseball, NO ONE. And now here we have the Sox. If the Sox manage to beat the Yanks tomorrow night, there is no reason to believe that the Curse isn't in danger of being dissolved. It takes a lot of guts and a lot of heart to come down from the depths of 3-0.

That said, Game 7 is still going to make me nervous. I can only hope Wakefield pitches like he did last year in the playoffs. From what Francona said tonight though, it appears that Lowe might get the nod. Which makes me even more nervous. At least if they win tonight, yankee fans will shut up for at least one year. If Boston ever needed the bats of Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon to come alive, now would be a pretty damn good time.

Originally posted by Mavrik@Oct 20 2004, 12:33 AM

That said, Game 7 is still going to make me nervous. I can only hope Wakefield pitches like he did last year in the playoffs.
    Me too

Go Yanks.

This is it. It all comes down to a 4 hour period from 8:20 tonight to a little after 12:15. All hands on deck.

We are in round 15 of a heavyweight fight. Both fighters aqre throwing punches up there, and are exhausted. At least the Yanks have the more rested starter, and the more rested closer.

Maxman
    Originally posted by mbn007@Oct 20 2004, 07:58 AM
    Go Yanks.

This is it. It all comes down to a 4 hour period from 8:20 tonight to a little after 12:15. All hands on deck.

We ar in round 15 of a heavyweight fight. Both fighters aqre throwing punches up there, and are exhausted. At least the Yanks have the more rested starter, and the more rested closer.
    And history on their side.

All Pro
    true..

This series is definitely going to go down as one of the best.....ever....regardless of who wins...

All Pro
    Originally posted by Mavrik@Oct 20 2004, 09:52 AM
    true..

This series is definitely going to go down as one of the best.....ever....regardless of who wins...
    I agree w/that!