Thread: Greatest Rivalry in Sports

After all the hype going into last years ALCS i never thought that series would be as exicting as it was. It was. this is a divison rival who have a history as old as the bible.This year after going up 3-0 i thouhgt for sure the sox didn't have it them this year to give us one of those great series that america loves to watch.they did.

The comeback the redsox have put on makes the anitcipation & pressure for this game 7 enormous .

Get out your VCR,your tivo, DVD recorder,whatever you have,if you are broke take notes and save that sh*t because tomorrow is going to be the biggest game in MLB history.

Greatest comeback in MLB postseason history(so far), at the greatest ball park in america, against the greatest franchise in sports histroy who just happen to be the comeback kids of the postseason :o there is no way this game is put out of reach by the 4th inning by either side,The baseball gods would not allow this.

If you have to work,call in.If you have plans, cancel them.I can guarantee you will feel like a fool if you miss this game. Redsox fan,yankee fan or just a fan of the game.

This is Ali ~ Frazier.....david vs goliath....this is the real thing.

You can but your sweet ass Babe Ruth will be in the house for this one.

If the Sox win,congrats to them for pulling it off and they will have earned my respect. If the Yankees win ....well ill be happy

Good luck and lets pray for extra innings

Originally posted by Smizzy@Oct 20 2004, 05:55 AM
    After all the hype going into last years ALCS i never thought that series would be as exicting as it was. It was. this is a divison rival who have a history as old as the bible.This year after going up 3-0 i thouhgt for sure the sox didn't have it them this year to give us one of those great series that america loves to watch.they did.

The comeback the redsox have put on makes the anitcipation & pressure for this game 7 enormous .

Get out your VCR,your tivo, DVD recorder,whatever you have,if you are broke take notes and save that sh*t because tomorrow is going to be the biggest game in MLB history.

Greatest comeback in MLB postseason history(so far), at the greatest ball park in america, against the greatest franchise in sports histroy who just happen to be the comeback kids of the postseason :o there is no way this game is put out of reach by the 4th inning by either side,The baseball gods would not allow this.

If you have to work,call in.If you have plans, cancel them.I can guarantee you will feel like a fool if you miss this game. Redsox fan,yankee fan or just a fan of the game.

This is Ali ~ Frazier.....david vs goliath....this is the real thing.

You can but your sweet ass Babe Ruth will be in the house for this one.

If the Sox win,congrats to them for pulling it off and they will have earned my respect. If the Yankees win ....well ill be happy

Good luck and lets pray for extra innings
    Very True Smizz.

Maybe not the extra innings part, but I hope for a close game, where th eteam that's down has a shot at winning it in the late innings.

I can't wait.

I have never seen 2 fanbase's so full of themselves, I can't wait for you both to suck.

Currently it is the best rivalry in PRO sports but overall it's nowhere near the top of great rivalries so we should enjoy this now b/c it won't last long.

Originally posted by ShadeTree#55@Oct 20 2004, 02:08 PM
    I have never seen 2 fanbase's so full of themselves, I can't wait for you both to suck.
    Typical Yankee hater

Veteran
    Yes, this is the greatest rivalry in sport.
    In North America.

Can't wait for this game.

Doug S.

Hall Of Fame
    This game could top last years. I can see it now a Bernie Willams Home run in the 10th to win