Thread: Yanks/Sox fans should have 1 thing in common

All League
    Why? Because if either team wants to win themselves a World Series, they had better hope they are facing a fatigued team as well. A Game 7 in that series would ensure this, especially since it would take place a day AFTER the ALCS Game 7. Whoever you want to win the series is up to you (I would assume Yankees and maybe even Red Sox fans would want to face Houston and beat Clemens; plus, I think the Cardinals are the better team), but if Houston closes out this series in 6, you can bet your last dollar that they will be winning the World Series.

In any case, I am rooting for St Louis no matter what, mostly because I have money riding on it.

If the Yankees win Game 7 and then lose the WS cause they're spent, they'll have only themselves to blame

They will have brought this on themselves and whatever happens as a result will be exactly what they deserve

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 03:25 AM
    If the Yankees win Game 7 and then lose the WS, they have only themselves to thank

They will have brought this on themselves and whatever happens as a result will be exactly what they deserve
    But we're not talking about that. I'm talking about Game 6 of the NLCS, which will be coming on first today, and therefore will be the only thing that matters until 8 PM.

Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Oct 20 2004, 03:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsfan80 &#064; Oct 20 2004, 03:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Oct 20 2004, 03:25 AM
    If the Yankees win Game 7 and then lose the WS, they have only themselves to thank

But we&#39;re not talking about that. I&#39;m talking about Game 6 of the NLCS, which will be coming on first today, and therefore will be the only thing that matters until 8 PM. [/b][/quote]
    I understand ... but I honestly don&#39;t care

I&#39;m so disgusted with this team for playing like ABSOLUTE DOGS in Games 4 & 5, when they should have ended this debacle, that I could care less if they catch a break from the NL series or not

This is the bed they have made ... now let them sleep in it

I personally do not care about the WS now. Let&#39;s get there first. Yanks rotation will be straighten out for all the games, with Moose and Lieber ready for games 1 & 2 on Sat. and Sun.

But get there first. Last year, Yanks had no starter for game 1, and went with Wells on short rest, which cost them a game. That&#39;s not the case this year.

Same with the Sox. Pedro is ready for Sat. on full rest. And Schilling for Game 2, on full rest.