Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Question for Yankee haters

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,061
    Get a Jet win on sunday?

    I do.

    I like the Jets more than I hate the Yankees. And I hate the yankees a whole lot. To the point where I have come to the conclusion in recent years that I hate the Yankees more than I like the Mets. However, I still like the Jets more than I hate the Yankees.

    Obviously one has nothing to do with the other and in an ideal world for yankee hating Jet fans, the Redsox win tonight and the Jets win on sunday. Just a hypothetical "deal with the devil" type question for all you yankee hating Jet fans out there.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,281
    Originally posted by jetsmets@Oct 20 2004, 08:29 AM
    the Redsox win tonight and the Jets win on sunday. Just a hypothetical "deal with the devil" type question for all you yankee hating Jet fans out there.
    Ya, don't think I could handle that.

    A Red Sox win opens up the door to a Boston sweep over New York, I don't think I could handle that stress (lord knows I've got enough of it already&#33.

    Just imagine if the Sox and Patriots beat NY teams this week. Garbanza's annoying posts ALONE could drive me to an early heart attack!


  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    To be honest I don't care who wins tonight.............I'm just afraid that if the Yankees lose I will lose alot of friends, they will be jumping off of bridges and stuff........ Sox fans and Mets fans are used to losing so we can handle it better..........

    It has been exciting so far though..............I haven't missed watching a game yet........what time is the game tonight?

  4. #4
    If I could ensure a Sox win tonight I'd be fine with the Pats going winless the rest of the year.....

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Middletown Md
    Posts
    673
    I've hated the Yankees with a passion for 35 years and absolutely would trade a Yankee win tonight for a Jet win Sunday.

    I'd just root for the Stros / Cards in the Series to keep me happy baseballwize.........

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,151
    There's probably only 2 instances where I'll root for the Yanks. When they're playing Boston or Atlanta. That said football is always more important. Not this particular game, though. The Jets could lose sunday and still wind up having a better season than the Pats. The baseball game holds more dire ramifications. Go Yanks! :blink: If the football game was the playoffs, different story.

  7. #7
    Jumba... I love ya man but stupid question.. and If your going to ask it ask the yankee fans.. after 26 world Series wins would trade a win tonight for a Jets Win on sunday? and part 2 what if the Red Sox's go on to win the World Series would you still do it?

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Mets fan


    I actually wanted the Yanks to beat Boston, because of Ramirez, Damon, Pedro etc.

    But now that they made a series of it, and would be the 1st team to come back from 3-0 ever, and what it would mean for entertainment purposes on the radio (as in all the callers crying about how Torre has to go and Jeter sucks and why did we sign A-Rod) and throw in the very real possibility that George might actually kill somebody...

    I am kind of looking for the Bosox to win it, but then get blasted by the NL.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,061
    Originally posted by GreenBlood@Oct 20 2004, 08:47 AM
    Jumba... I love ya man but stupid question.. and If your going to ask it ask the yankee fans.. after 26 world Series wins would trade a win tonight for a Jets Win on sunday? and part 2 what if the Red Sox's go on to win the World Series would you still do it?
    That question was already asked once. I wanted to ask the yankee haters. Someone already posed the would a yankee fan trade a red sox world series win for a Jets superbowl. I assume the game is around 8 tonight. It would be awesome to see the skankee$ lose. But I'd still rather see the Jets win on sunday.

  10. #10
    Originally posted by jetsmets+Oct 20 2004, 10:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetsmets &#064; Oct 20 2004, 10:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GreenBlood@Oct 20 2004, 08:47 AM
    Jumba... I love ya man but stupid question.. and If your going to ask it ask the yankee fans.. after 26 world Series wins would trade a win tonight for a Jets Win on sunday? and part 2 what if the Red Sox&#39;s go on to win the World Series would you still do it?
    That question was already asked once. I wanted to ask the yankee haters. Someone already posed the would a yankee fan trade a red sox world series win for a Jets superbowl. I assume the game is around 8 tonight. It would be awesome to see the skankee&#036; lose. But I&#39;d still rather see the Jets win on sunday. [/b][/quote]
    Would Yankee/Jets fans really not trade a Jets SB for a Sox series win? That can&#39;t be right....I&#39;d happily watch the Jets win 10 straight Lombardi trophies if it meant one WS for the Sox.

    I don&#39;t understand the theory of hating a team more than you love your own team...especially if your team is a habitual loser like the Sox or Jets.

  11. #11
    Mets Fan/Yankee hater.

    when i make fun of the yankees, and yank fans ask me what my team is doing..i just say "i always have a team to root for as long as the yanks are playing".. and i know i&#39;ll be called a bitter mets fan, and it may be true, but I HATE THE YANKEES. HATE HATE HATE. I think i root harder against the yankees than i root for the mets, including the regular season. nothing would be finer than to see the yanks go down, blowing a 3-0 lead in the ALCS to the hated Red Sox.

    that being said, i&#39;m glad you started this thread, cuz i was thinking of it myself.

    i&#39;m not sure what i would do. granted a Jets win on sunday would be spectacular...ending the Patsies silly little streak and continuing on our undefeated season. however, seeing the yankees lose tonight, watching the likes of Jeter and GayRod sitting on the bench while the Sox celebrate on THEIR field would be priceless. my favorite moment of the game last night was when they made Jeter come back on the field after GayRod&#39;s blatantly illegal play.

    if the jets lose our season would not be over, and we&#39;d still be 5-1 with some more winable games coming on the schedule. If this were the playoffs for the Jets, it would be a no-brainer...but gotta tell you, as a true yankee hater, its a tough one. I love my Jets, LOVE EM....live and die with them.

    i&#39;m going to have to keep thinking this one over......

  12. #12
    To all Red Sox fans, would you give up your job,all your possessions and personal relationships and even your health, to erase forever the Bambino curse tonight? I suspect there is so much pent-up yearning and frustration among Sox fans, that a fair number would gratefully go to their grave if they could leave this life with a Red Sox win tonight. Who knows what&#39;s going on in Beantown today, all those Irish Catholics might be reverting to pagan rituals and doing a lot of voodoo rites and chicken sacrifices.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,061
    Originally posted by gmogmo+Oct 20 2004, 09:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gmogmo @ Oct 20 2004, 09:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by jetsmets@Oct 20 2004, 10:56 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-GreenBlood
    @Oct 20 2004, 08:47 AM
    Jumba... I love ya man but stupid question.. and If your going to ask it ask the yankee fans.. after 26 world Series wins would trade a win tonight for a Jets Win on sunday? and part 2 what if the Red Sox&#39;s go on to win the World Series would you still do it?

    That question was already asked once. I wanted to ask the yankee haters. Someone already posed the would a yankee fan trade a red sox world series win for a Jets superbowl. I assume the game is around 8 tonight. It would be awesome to see the skankee&#036; lose. But I&#39;d still rather see the Jets win on sunday.
    Would Yankee/Jets fans really not trade a Jets SB for a Sox series win? That can&#39;t be right....I&#39;d happily watch the Jets win 10 straight Lombardi trophies if it meant one WS for the Sox.

    I don&#39;t understand the theory of hating a team more than you love your own team...especially if your team is a habitual loser like the Sox or Jets. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m so fed up with wilpon and the mets ownership. I think I actually hate the mets at this point (even though I am a huge fan).

    But the yankees are just pure evil and I&#39;d love to see them lose. Yes, in that other thread, some sicko yankee fans, said that they&#39;d prefer to have the redsox never win a world series than the jets win a superbowl.

    This was as a trade however. Not that they would want the jets to never win a superbowl, just that they wouldn&#39;t trade the Jets winning the superbowl for the red sox winning the world series. This is just a hypothetical situation, not that these things can really be traded.

    Lets go sox&#33; I&#39;ll take that trade Jets get 10 lombardis and redsox win the world series.

  14. #14
    Originally posted by cradle2theJets@Oct 20 2004, 11:07 AM
    To all Red Sox fans, would you give up your job,all your possessions and personal relationships and even your health, to erase forever the Bambino curse tonight? I suspect there is so much pent-up yearning and frustration among Sox fans, that a fair number would gratefully go to their grave if they could leave this life with a Red Sox win tonight. Who knows what&#39;s going on in Beantown today, all those Irish Catholics might be reverting to pagan rituals and doing a lot of voodoo rites and chicken sacrifices.
    Now you&#39;re going a bit too far.......good Lord.

  15. #15
    DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Guest
    I want the Red Sox to lose because most Sox fans are Patriots fans. Patriots fans are evil and I want them to SUFFER any way they possibly can. SUFFER SUFFER SUFFER. I&#39;ll be really pissed off if they win tonight.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    Originally posted by gmogmo+Oct 20 2004, 10:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gmogmo @ Oct 20 2004, 10:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cradle2theJets@Oct 20 2004, 11:07 AM
    To all Red Sox fans, would you give up your job,all your possessions and personal relationships and even your health, to erase forever the Bambino curse tonight? I suspect there is so much pent-up yearning and frustration among Sox fans, that a fair number would gratefully go to their grave if they could leave this life with a Red Sox win tonight. Who knows what&#39;s going on in Beantown today, all those Irish Catholics might be reverting to pagan rituals and doing a lot of voodoo rites and chicken sacrifices.
    Now you&#39;re going a bit too far.......good Lord. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: I agree with you gmo.........that is way too far fetched and off the radar.........it&#39;s a freakin game...........

  17. #17
    Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Oct 20 2004, 09:18 AM
    I want the Red Sox to lose because most Sox fans are Patriots fans. Patriots fans are evil and I want them to SUFFER any way they possibly can. SUFFER SUFFER SUFFER. I&#39;ll be really pissed off if they win tonight.
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the spankmees...but i dont think I could trade a jet win for ANY OTHER sporting event..and I really like DW2&#39;s theory..Patsie fans need to suffer as much as humanly possible

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,408
    I&#39;ll take a Redsox, Jets, and Kerry win.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Middletown Md
    Posts
    673
    Originally posted by Section109Row15@Oct 20 2004, 09:22 AM
    I&#39;ll take a Redsox, Jets, and Kerry win.
    Well.....Like Meatloaf said....." 2 out of 3 ain&#39;t bad ".........................................GO BUSH &#33;

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    As a lifelone Met fan, I hate the Yankees more that any team, ever (well, the Knicks of John Starks, Anthony Mason and Ewing were close).

    I would, in fact, root for al Qaida against the Yankees.

    Having said that, I love my Jets more than I hate anything, so if a Yankee win tonight cosmically guarantees a Jet win on Sunday, then I would love to shout from the mountain tops tonigh--The Yankees Win, The Yankees Win TTTTTHHHHHHHHEEEEEE YANKEES WIN&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us