Thread: This thread is for mature, serious people

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is hilarious. It's Edwards combing his hair and getting hairsprayed and using a compact mirror before a TV appearance. Important stuff, obviously....

(The last few minutes are pretty boring....)

[url=http://slate.msn.com/id/2108216/slideshow/2108085/entry/2108087/speed/100]http://slate.msn.com/id/2108216/slideshow/...08087/speed/100[/url]

See, I told you this was mature, important and only for serious thinkers.... ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the same type of material that Michael Moore included during the title shots of [i]Fahrenheit 9/11[/i].

One of the most disturbing scenes was when Paul Wolfowitz actually licked his comb in an effort to get more moisture in his hair so it would stay down.

Anyway, the inclusion of these scenes while mildly amusing didn't fit in with what I thought was a terrific expose' of the Bush administraion. I thought these scenes were sort of a cheap shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, it's 100% a cheap shot, and has nothing to do with anything.

However, Moore is fool that only morons take seriously.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 10:46 AM
    [b] Oh, it's 100% a cheap shot, and has nothing to do with anything.

However, Moore is fool that only morons take seriously. [/b][/quote]
    Now, now that's not in keeping with our new attitude, is it?

BTW...did you see Moore's movie. Because some of the most damaging points he makes is when he uses clips of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, rice and Powell speaking for themselves in their own words.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet+Oct 20 2004, 10:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (valleyjet @ Oct 20 2004, 10:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jets5ever[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 10:46 AM
    [b] Oh, it&#39;s 100% a cheap shot, and has nothing to do with anything.

However, Moore is fool that only morons take seriously. [/b][/quote]
    Now, now that&#39;s not in keeping with our new attitude, is it?

BTW...did you see Moore&#39;s movie. Because some of the most damaging points he makes is when he uses clips of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, rice and Powell speaking for themselves in their own words. [/b][/quote]
    Of course he does, that&#39;s the trick and that&#39;s how he can claim he&#39;s not lying, even though he is grossly mis-leading people who are apparently too stupid or too partisan to notice or care. He truncates quotes, splices footage, etc. Trunacating quotes to completely distort their meaning is something YOU routinely accuse the Bush campaign of doing, yet you have no problem with it when Moore does it.

Have you read David Kopel&#39;s 59 Deceits of Farenheit 9-11?

Again, Moore is a hack that only morons take seriously. Ditto for Limbuagh, Coulter, O&#39;Reilly, Savage and Franken.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Again, Moore is a hack that only morons take seriously. Ditto for Limbuagh, Coulter, O&#39;Reilly, Savage and Franken.[/b][/quote]

Actually, for all his bluster and "Radio Personallity" Attitude, Michael Savage actually makes some VERY good points regarding his "Border, Language, Culture" arguments. I can agree with many of the causes he celebrates on those issues.

Shocked? LOL&#33; :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 11:02 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Again, Moore is a hack that only morons take seriously. Ditto for Limbuagh, Coulter, O&#39;Reilly, Savage and Franken.[/b][/quote]

Actually, for all his bluster and "Radio Personallity" Attitude, Michael Savage actually makes some VERY good points regarding his "Border, Language, Culture" arguments. I can agree with many of the causes he celebrates on those issues.

Shocked? LOL&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Ah, to be perfectly honest, I know nothing about Savage. I lumped him in there cause of that incident with him telling some dude to get AIDS and die or whatever he actually said.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How could anyone vote him in as vice president after watching this tape?

Mind-boggling, simply mind-boggling.