Thread: I've Seen This Movie Before

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The characters and roles may be different from time to time but the ending is always the same.

Deep in your hearts, You all know that The Yankees are destined to win tonight's game 7 and go to The World Series yet again.

What Boston has done has been remarkable but it's going to be typical of them. To climb from the depths of defeat and to reach the mountain top, only to fall in the end. It's the ultimate tease to a loyal fan base that has had their hearts ripped out and broken time and time and time and time again.

That's Boston's legacy and tradition. To expect anything else is foolish. The Red Sox will not win tonight. It isn't happening. There's no reason to think that anything will change. The ending is always the same.

I'll believe it when I see it because in The end, Boston always falls and The Yankees always win.

Haven't you guys been down this road long enough to know where this road eventually ends.

The Red Sox and their fans are to be commended for their loyalty and belief but this is who you are. You are meant to lose this way. He who fails to remember history will be doomed to repeat it.

J-I-N-X...Jinx, Jinx, Jinx!!! :ph34r:

It depresses me beyond belief, but it's true....

Just once I want this team to not fail me. Pay me back for all the time I spend watching, thinking, and talking about you. Reward me for the loyalty I've shown you over the years.

I've been telling everyone this all week.

We just have to get the RSN to a point where they actually get their hopes up that they can win and then....

WHAM! Same ending...

YANKEES WIN!!!

I hope you guys are correct.

Go Yanks.

Yankees will win tonight, not because of destiny or curses, but because: (i) the Yankees have a better team; (ii) the Yankees have home field advantage; and (iii) the Yankees have more key pitchers that are better rested than the Red Sox. It's as simple as that.

YoungJinxFan, you've just sealed their fate. :blink:

MODS please delete this thread or the yankees will be jynxed.

seriously, mods, please delete this thread

All League
    Charter JI Member

This is the guy who jinxed us in the Series last year. We're toast.

6-0 red sox baby! the jinx is on!

YoungSoxFan cast the jinx. 8-0 :blink:

it's 8-1 sir.

BUMP!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

LOL What a Dick I am.

Last year, I guaranteed that The Yankees would beat The Red Sox and I was right. There wasn't any jinx there. Just about every Yankee fan thought that they would beat The Marlins.

I tip my hat to The Boston Red Sox. They deserved this victory. They truly earned it. I wasn't the only yankee fan last night who thought that this team would find a way to win and that history would repeat itself. I was wrong.

1918 isn't erased though. Boston has to win the world series to do that. They didn''t win the world series last night.

The Yankees were a flawed team this year. They didn't have the proper balance. The team was too one sided and one dimensional. After all the years of Yankee glory and Yankee domination. Boston was due and they earned it in this series. Just an unforgettable series.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 21 2004, 10:06 AM
    LOL What a Dick I am.

Last year, I guaranteed that The Yankees would beat The Red Sox and I was right. There wasn't any jinx there. Just about every Yankee fan thought that they would beat The Marlins.

The Yankees were a flawed team this year. They didn't have the proper balance. The team was too one sided and one dimensional.
    Yes they need to strive to have $120 million in pitching and $120 million in hitting.

That would be perfect balance :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Scott Dierking+Oct 21 2004, 02:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scott Dierking @ Oct 21 2004, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-YoungJetsFan@Oct 21 2004, 10:06 AM
    LOL What a Dick I am.

Last year, I guaranteed that The Yankees would beat The Red Sox and I was right. There wasn&#39;t any jinx there. Just about every Yankee fan thought that they would beat The Marlins.

The Yankees were a flawed team this year. They didn&#39;t have the proper balance. The team was too one sided and one dimensional.
    Yes they need to strive to have &#036;120 million in pitching and &#036;120 million in hitting.

That would be perfect balance :lol: [/b][/quote]
    LOL

Get ready for alot of shakeup in The Bronx.

Can you Carlos Beltran? Can you say Carl Pavano? Can you say Pedro Martinez?

The bottom line is that while others want to win the world series. The Yankees HAVE to win a world series. It&#39;s a totally different mindset.

When you waste 194 million and half a billion dollars over the last 4 years and don&#39;t win. Heads are going to roll.

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 21 2004, 09:26 AM
    Heads are going to roll.
    The Yanks were a flawed team. The hitting was more than adequate, even though they went to sleep for 4 straight games here this week.

The pitching was ignored, or a patchwork staff. This needs to be addressed.

It will be. Count on it. I had this discussion with LatinLawyer on one of these threads thi smorning about what the Yanks need to do. I gave him some thoughts off the top of my head.

Something will happen.