Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete lack of respect...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Kerry's constant accusations of Bush and the White House being liars, his refusal to address The President as The President instead of him, or that guy, Dem Senators refering to him as brain dead, the entire litany of hate and disrespect displayed by Kerry and Edwards, and the Democratic Party says a lot about the direction we would head in under him.

This rhetoric is now common, and hardly gets a raised eyebrow, and has slid down the food chain to lowly American citizens that are members of the Democratic Party. Where does it, or did it come from? I have an idea, and it's a place to which I don't want to go back.

Respect the man, respect the office...and in turn respect yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atleast he isn't disrespecting the American people by telling us that tax cuts for the wealthy are a good idea, or a missle defense system is necessary, or Saddam has WMDs, or if you vote for Kerry you are more likely to die, or saying "this is hard work" when he spends almost half the time on vacation, or giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton, or supporting an amendment to ban gay people from equal rights, or I could go on forever.....

Would you like me to put the falaffel in you?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] Atleast he isn't disrespecting the American people by telling us that tax cuts for the wealthy are a good idea, or a missle defense system is necessary, or Saddam has WMDs, or if you vote for Kerry you are more likely to die, or saying "this is hard work" when he spends almost half the time on vacation, or giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton, or supporting an amendment to ban gay people from equal rights, or I could go on forever.....

Would you like me to put the falaffel in you? [/b][/quote]
    Are you trying to prove my case?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 03:00 PM
    [b] Atleast he isn't disrespecting the American people by telling us that tax cuts for the wealthy are a good idea, or a missle defense system is necessary, or Saddam has WMDs, or if you vote for Kerry you are more likely to die, or saying "this is hard work" when he spends almost half the time on vacation, or giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton, or supporting an amendment to ban gay people from equal rights, or I could go on forever.....

You forgot to blame Bush for the weather and the flu vaccines.

Kerry [i]did[/i] tell the people that Saddam had WMDs, boss. Actually, he said so long before Bush was in office and agreed with Bush when Bush said so.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin+Oct 20 2004, 05:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetswin @ Oct 20 2004, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] Atleast he isn&#39;t disrespecting the American people by telling us that tax cuts for the wealthy are a good idea, or a missle defense system is necessary, or Saddam has WMDs, or if you vote for Kerry you are more likely to die, or saying "this is hard work" when he spends almost half the time on vacation, or giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton, or supporting an amendment to ban gay people from equal rights, or I could go on forever.....

Are you trying to prove my case? [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m proving the point of why many people don&#39;t respect the office. I have absolutley no respect for this president or administration. It is un-American to follow blindly, we are supposed to question authority. If you haven&#39;t noticed we live in a Democracy not a monarchy or theocracy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 02:49 PM
    [b] Kerry&#39;s constant accusations of Bush and the White House being liars, his refusal to address The President as The President instead of him, or that guy, Dem Senators refering to him as brain dead, the entire litany of hate and disrespect displayed by Kerry and Edwards, and the Democratic Party says a lot about the direction we would head in under him.

This rhetoric is now common, and hardly gets a raised eyebrow, and has slid down the food chain to lowly American citizens that are members of the Democratic Party. Where does it, or did it come from? I have an idea, and it&#39;s a place to which I don&#39;t want to go back.

Respect the man, respect the office...and in turn respect yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Just wondering if you felt the same way during the Clinton years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Just wondering if you felt the same way during the Clinton years.
    [/b][/quote]

When Kerry is president, I am going to use their same crap against them. Everytime they complain I&#39;m going to say to respect our commander in chief.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Oct 20 2004, 04:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Oct 20 2004, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jetswin@Oct 20 2004, 05:04 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] Atleast he isn&#39;t disrespecting the American people by telling us that tax cuts for the wealthy are a good idea, or a missle defense system is necessary, or Saddam has WMDs, or if you vote for Kerry you are more likely to die, or saying "this is hard work" when he spends almost half the time on vacation, or giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton, or supporting an amendment to ban gay people from equal rights, or I could go on forever.....

Are you trying to prove my case? [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m proving the point of why many people don&#39;t respect the office. I have absolutley no respect for this president or administration. It is un-American to follow blindly, we are supposed to question authority. If you haven&#39;t noticed we live in a Democracy not a monarchy or theocracy. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s this kind of condescening, pseudo intelligent, you&#39;re an idiot response that I am talking about.

I don&#39;t need a civics lesson, and I happen to agree with our President on most issues, but in the opinion of most dems that I encounter as we approach Bush&#39;s re-election this makes me somehow less intelligent than them, and only worthy of their scorn. Kind of sad IMHO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet+Oct 20 2004, 04:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (valleyjet @ Oct 20 2004, 04:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 02:49 PM
    [b] Kerry&#39;s constant accusations of Bush and the White House being liars, his refusal to address The President as The President instead of him, or that guy, Dem Senators refering to him as brain dead, the entire litany of hate and disrespect displayed by Kerry and Edwards, and the Democratic Party says a lot about the direction we would head in under him.

This rhetoric is now common, and hardly gets a raised eyebrow, and has slid down the food chain to lowly American citizens that are members of the Democratic Party. Where does it, or did it come from? I have an idea, and it&#39;s a place to which I don&#39;t want to go back.

Respect the man, respect the office...and in turn respect yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Just wondering if you felt the same way during the Clinton years. [/b][/quote]
    well...he certainly wasn&#39;t a liar :rolleyes:

my closure would have to be reversed in his case...respect the office, respect the man B)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW...jetswin that&#39;s a sweet Camaro in your signature, is it yours?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 03:08 PM
    [b] It is un-American to follow blindly, we are supposed to question authority. If you haven&#39;t noticed we live in a Democracy not a monarchy or theocracy. [/b][/quote]
    Section, c&#39;mon. This response is such cliched tripe. I think jetswin is speaking to the fact that many current opponents of Bush are simply downright rude and boorish and vulgar about it. Yeah, yeah, "Question [i]everything[/i], dude&#33;" Obviously no one wants you to follow "blindly." But you guys seem to assume that everyone who disagrees with you is following blindly, or thinks we don&#39;t live in a Democracy, or is irretrievably stupid.

"Questioning authority" isn&#39;t a universal excuse to act like a boor or to ridicule anyone and everyone. Sure, people are "allowed" to do whatever they want. But it doesn&#39;t mean they don&#39;t sound like petulant children by doing so. Rational, mature, informed dissent is fine. But the smugness, arrogance, immaturity, vulgarity and, frankly, willfully ignorant condescension of many "enlighted" liberals gets very grating. Like, Michael Moore writing letters to "Governor" Bush when Bush is the President isn&#39;t profound, important, or even funny. It&#39;s stupid, and lame, and immature, and detracts from his message. Dissent is one thing, even passionate dissent. But grow the F up. (Not you, personally...you know what I mean, right?)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 04:21 PM
    [b] BTW...jetswin that&#39;s a sweet Camaro in your signature, is it yours? [/b][/quote]
    nah...I&#39;ve just been putting great old cars in my sig the last couple of weeks as a change of pace

so far &#39;72 BMW 3.0cs, &#39;64 Riviera, and now this Camaro, not sure what&#39;s coming next week yet B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Just wondering if you felt the same way during the Clinton years.
    [/b][/quote]

When Kerry is president, I am going to use their same crap against them. Everytime they complain I&#39;m going to say to respect our commander in chief. [/b][/quote]
    So your answer to the question would be no?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 20 2004, 05:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 20 2004, 05:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 03:08 PM
    [b] It is un-American to follow blindly, we are supposed to question authority. If you haven&#39;t noticed we live in a Democracy not a monarchy or theocracy. [/b][/quote]
    Section, c&#39;mon. This response is such cliched tripe. I think jetswin is speaking to the fact that many current opponents of Bush are simply downright rude and boorish and vulgar about it. Yeah, yeah, "Question [i]everything[/i], dude&#33;" Obviously no one wants you to follow "blindly." But you guys seem to assume that everyone who disagrees with you is following blindly, or thinks we don&#39;t live in a Democracy, or is irretrievably stupid.

"Questioning authority" isn&#39;t a universal excuse to act like a boor or to ridicule anyone and everyone. Sure, people are "allowed" to do whatever they want. But it doesn&#39;t mean they don&#39;t sound like petulant children by doing so. Rational, mature, informed dissent is fine. But the smugness, arrogance, immaturity, vulgarity and, frankly, willfully ignorant condescension of many "enlighted" liberals gets very grating. Like, Michael Moore writing letters to "Governor" Bush when Bush is the President isn&#39;t profound, important, or even funny. It&#39;s stupid, and lame, and immature, and detracts from his message. Dissent is one thing, even passionate dissent. But grow the F up. (Not you, personally...you know what I mean, right?) [/b][/quote]
    The reason liberals act that way in this election because it is hard to fathom why anyone, even a life-time conservative could stand and defend this president.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 02:49 PM

The Left Wing have dragged this country down to a base level. They&#39;re not finished. It can get alot worse, and they will stop at nothing to forward their agenda, which by the way, is rejected by a large majority of the American people. They&#39;ve been outted for their deception and corruption, and yet, just as ex-CBS man Bernie Goldberg so brilliantly pointed out in his book, BIAS, instead of showing any sign of contrition, embarrassment, or shame, they display arrogance. The cats out of the bag, and it&#39;s still full steam ahead for the left.

They are desperate.

In spite of all the evidence, their are enough voters who are naive, ignorant, or just plain bitter who just might put the carnival barker and the carpetbagger in the white house. And if their aren&#39;t enough voters, the Left will invent a few thousand here and their to affect those ends. Failing that, they will tie the election up in the courts, courts that are peppered with left wing operatives, who have been planted for just such purposes. They will use legal mumbo jumbo and obfuscation, and any kind of loop hole to get back in power.

No matter what happens, the damage done to our national psyche, our integrity, and our stability, cannot be undone.

Once the egg is cracked, the shell can&#39;t be pieced together again.

I can&#39;t begin to try to explain how saddened I&#39;ve become. This is truly the beginning of the end for us.

For me, a Bush victory is a final hurrah; one more bannana up the lefts butt...

But the left, win or lose, will continue to pound away at our institutions until we are destroyed. This is their stated purpose. And the American people just don&#39;t care. Either that, or they truly don&#39;t see the nightmare at the gates.

I do.

If the carnival barker and the carpetbagger win, they Al Qaeda will regroup, probably in Iran or Syria, and operate with full diplomatic immunity, protected by Kerry, Kofi Annan, and the rest of those evil, corrupt theives at the UN.

Bin Laden was a major financier of this terrorist operation, and was given a ceromonious position in it&#39;s heirarchy, but he&#39;s not the end all be all of Al Qaeda. Those tentacles run deep and and wide.

the proverbial "they" always say [i]follow the money[/i].

[img]http://www.wombat-online.com/gallery2/euro_2th.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what do you expect from Kerry ... a guy who in his own book in 1971 flew the US flag upside down and mocked the soldiers of Iwo Jima

[url=http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/TNS_Dustjacket.jpg]Kerry&#39;s Book: The New Soldier[/url]

[img]http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/TNS_Dustjacket.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Oct 20 2004, 11:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Oct 20 2004, 11:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 20 2004, 05:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 03:08 PM

"Questioning authority" isn&#39;t a universal excuse to act like a boor or to ridicule anyone and everyone. Sure, people are "allowed" to do whatever they want. But it doesn&#39;t mean they don&#39;t sound like petulant children by doing so. Rational, mature, informed dissent is fine. But the smugness, arrogance, immaturity, vulgarity and, frankly, willfully ignorant condescension of many "enlighted" liberals gets very grating. Like, Michael Moore writing letters to "Governor" Bush when Bush is the President isn&#39;t profound, important, or even funny. It&#39;s stupid, and lame, and immature, and detracts from his message. Dissent is one thing, even passionate dissent. But grow the F up. (Not you, personally...you know what I mean, right?) [/b][/quote]
    The reason liberals act that way in this election because it is hard to fathom why anyone, even a life-time conservative could stand and defend this president. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, you&#39;ve proven my point. Liberals can&#39;t fathom that anyone, let alone roughly half of the electorate, would disagree with them, so they become rude, boorish and hysterical about it. So much for "celebrating diversity" and the virtues of dissent. Liberals cannot handle dissent from liberal views or diversity of opinion.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 10:38 AM
    [b] Liberals can&#39;t fathom that anyone, let alone roughly half of the electorate, would disagree with them, so they become rude, boorish and hysterical about it. [/b][/quote]
    this is exactly what I am talking about 5ver...it just doesn&#39;t make any sense

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is really scary is how many stupid people there are in this country that can&#39;t see through all of Kerry&#39;s nonsense. Kerry would be an economic disaster. If you genuinely believe any of his numerous plans would accomplish a damn thing, get some mental help. Everything is "scare the hell out of the old folks".I&#39;m 40; I don&#39;t expect to cash a single social security check; neither should you. It&#39;s a Ponzi scheme. ANd the reason we have no domestically-manufactured vaccines and drugs cost so much is because of trial lawyers. And he picks Edwards. What does that tell you? Keep making businesses the bad guy likes the developers in some crappy Hollywood movie and they don&#39;t bother doing business at all.

And also, in fairness, on several issues(immigration, spending), Bush hasn&#39;t been inclined to change things for the better because it would upset the apple cart. You cannot keep knocking out the bottom rung of the wage scale for cheap lettuce and not have it impact everyone&#39;s living standard. And after 9/11, the failure to seal the border is an embarrassment. Enjoy your Dole salad in a bag, and then wonder why your parents supported your family on one salary while you and toyur wife work like dogs and your kids&#39; job prosepects suck even with an overpriced college degree.

The only caveat to the whole thing is what happens when China and Japan decide Us government investment(which finances the national debt) is a bad bet and cash out. It looks like neither side will make hard choices until there&#39;s no choice at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Exactly, you&#39;ve proven my point. Liberals can&#39;t fathom that anyone, let alone roughly half of the electorate, would disagree with them, so they become rude, boorish and hysterical about it. So much for "celebrating diversity" and the virtues of dissent. Liberals cannot handle dissent from liberal views or diversity of opinion.
    [/b][/quote]

It is hard for me and I assume a lot of liberals because we are surrounded by other liberals. DC is completly liberal, it is odd to find out someone is a conservative, they stand out like a sore thumb. It is human nature to attack anyone that is different.