Thread: UNCLE!!!!!

The title says it all ... this Game is OVER

The choke is complete for the 2004 Yankees {Aka: The 2004 Chokers}

The Red Sox played with heart after going down 3-0 ... played like champs

My congratulations to the Red Sox and Red Sox Nation

I know how great this feels for you long-suffering Red Sox fans ... so most of all I congratulate you

As for this current Yankee team that disgraced the uniform they wear, I have only two words .....

FIRE SALE!!!!!

My word is PITCHING!!!

So after the BIGGEST CHOKE JOB EVER...who will the BANKEES buy this upcoming winter?

Beltran?
    Best available Pitchers?

Amazing, I was rooting for the Red Sox....and wow, it worked..8-1 in the 4th inning. I guess every dog, idiot, cowboy, chowdah...has its day.

LL

They are just stacked and the team has amazing chemistry...

After this debacle, you gotta take a sledge-hammer to this team

You can't bring this team back after this debacle ... they'll be the most dispised team in Yankee history

You have to conduct a fire sale on a GRAND SCALE ... outside of Mariano & Jeter, no-one is untouchable

Everyone is in play ... everyone is fair game ... we should be taking offers for everyone

You're lookin at the greatest chokers in Yankee history ... and you gotta take a sledge-hammer to that kind of disgrace

Hall Of Fame
    The Yanks' 2 biggest pitching pickups were Brown and Vasquez. Simply, they didn't get it done when it mattered. I doubt Colangelo would ever have traded Johnson to them anyway. But they need fresh young starters and a few middle guys(if Karsay can't come bak into form) badly. This getting retread old starters isn't working. See if you pick up Giambi's salary if the As will aprt one of the big 3; trade Posada for pitching and defensive catcher; and either give Williams a gold watch or see what you can get for him. And please-look at young guys-Pavano, Milton.

Above all, this passive postseason by Torre makes you think that he's so secure in his job that the players take that as a message-realx, be comfortable. I'm not saying he's a bad manager. But the talent has been great, and anyone staying this long gets complacent.

Originally posted by latinlawyer@Oct 20 2004, 09:13 PM
    Amazing, I was rooting for the Red Sox....and wow, it worked..8-1 in the 4th inning. I guess every dog, idiot, cowboy, chowdah...has its day.

It ain't over 'til its over.

BTW...Just get us some live arms and while you're at it don't forget to add a lefty starter.

Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 20 2004, 10:16 PM
    The Yanks' 2 biggest pitching pickups were Brown and Vasquez. Simply, they didn't get it done when it mattered. I doubt Colangelo would ever have traded Johnson to them anyway. But they need fresh young starters and a few middle guys(if Karsay can't come bak into form) badly. This getting retread old starters isn't working. See if you pick up Giambi's salary if the As will aprt one of the big 3; trade Posada for pitching and defensive catcher; and either give Williams a gold watch or see what you can get for him. And please-look at young guys-Pavano, Milton.

Above all, this passive postseason by Torre makes you think that he's so secure in his job that the players take that as a message-realx, be comfortable. I'm not saying he's a bad manager. But the talent has been great, and anyone staying this long gets complacent.
    Why would the A's take a ex-roided up washed up batter who will never hit for average and power like he used to. Look at his stats...they have declined every year since being acquired by the yanks.

I honestly think A-Rod has a curse..every team he has been on has done badly in the postseason or has been unable to win big games.

The A-Rod Curse....a counter for the 1918 Babe Curse!

LL

Hmm, this is the Subway curse because the Yanks havent won a Series since the Subway series...a deal with the devil perhaps?

This isn't only about arms ... these chokers also stopped hitting after that Game 3 orgy

FIRE SALE!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Put it this way-the fire sale is coming. The 2000 Subway Series Champions t-shirt in Steinbrenner's drawer is gonna be 5 years old and pretty frayed. Soem heads are gonna roll!The whole "Posada for Johnson and Kendall"(and we don't know if that was offered) looks like it was a bargain right now.

If the Yanks pick up Giambi's salary and figuring the As won't be looking to sign Zito, it could happen. No way they can pry Mulder or Hudson, but Zito isn't so golden and they still have a soft spot for Giambi.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pitching, Pitching, Pitching....You can have an all star line-up but if you dont have pitching, you dont have s**t....

Originally posted by valleyjet@Oct 20 2004, 10:17 PM
    It ain't over 'til its over
    I Just talked to Yogi

He said, and I quote .....

It's Over

GONE

Tony Clark
    Bernie Williams
    Kenny Lofton
    Jason Giambi
    Estaban loazia
    * Jorge Posada

Originally posted by Smizzy@Oct 20 2004, 11:28 PM
    GONE

Tony Clark
    Bernie Williams
    Kenny Lofton
    Jason Giambi
    Estaban loazia
    id like to see Posada gone

Kevin Brown is beyond finished

get guys who like to play in big spots

the yankees do not get clutch hitting

Originally posted by Smizzy@Oct 20 2004, 10:28 PM
    GONE

Tony Clark
    Bernie Williams
    Kenny Lofton
    Jason Giambi
    Estaban loazia
    NO DOUBT .... but there's more where that came from

Kevin Brown ... GONE

Javy Vazquez ... ON THE TRADING BLOCK

Tom Gordon ... ON THE TRADING BLOCK

Jorge Posada ... ON THE TRADING BLOCK

Just to name a few

FIRE SALE!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Rivera, Mussina, A-Rod, Jeter, Cairo, Leiber, Sheffield, and Matsui are coming back. All the rest...what's your offer? The balance of the salaries thye're paying are wasted money. YOu can get smeone cheap to fill the rest. And it would help if they can develop some pitching. Dionner Navaro-if you can handle the staff and hit .260 respectfully, Jorge is gone, unless he can show enough to go to 1st base and not wear down year anfter year.