Thread: You know what they say...The 27th World Series

While the YANKEES may not get their 27th World Series Championship this year, I take comfort in knowing that all Red Sox fans alive today will be long in their graves before their crummy team will ever come close to matching the YANKEES record of success.

Originally posted by valleyjet@Oct 20 2004, 10:47 PM
    While the YANKEES may not get their 27th World Series Championship this year I take comfort in knowing that all Red Sox fans alive today will be long in their graves before their crummy team will ever come close to matching the YANKEES record of success.
    Sniff Sniff..is that HISTORY USED AS A CRUTCH..why yes it is....

WHO CARES.....26 WS wins...BIG WHOOP!

YOUR BANKEE$ choked away a 3-0 series lead..no amount of history will change that....

LL

typical yankee fans...reminds me of the late 80's and early 90's when they sucked. all yankee fans had to throw in your face were the '27 yankees with murderes row, the 50's with dimaggio, 60's with mantle...blah blah blah.

everything goes in cycles dear friends, this could be the beginning of an ugly one for you guys.

Originally posted by latinlawyer@Oct 20 2004, 09:49 PM

The YANKEES have given me the thrill of six World Series Championships in my conscience lifetime. I'm willing to bet that's more championships than your team has won for you.

BTW...LL what is your favorite baseball team?

You know I'm a Yankees fan but this is a cop out IMO. Yes we have 26 championships and all that but as of this moment....10-21-04..I don't care about any of that.

Tip your hat to the Sox....They displayed courage and the Yanks collapsed. Yeah all time the Sox will never match the Yankees success but they were better than us THIS year.....so it is what it is.

I can't believe the Yanks f-in lost.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by latinlawyer@Oct 20 2004, 09:49 PM

YOUR BANKEE$ choked away a 3-0 series lead..no amount of history will change that....

LL
    At least we made a run at it this year.

Now the Yanks can join the Mess golfing!!

So how did those trades for Zambrano and Benson work out?

Seriously this "27th is the toughest" garbage is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard.

Losing this year does nothing to change your past glory years.

But your past glory years don't really change the fact that the Yankees lost--- pathetically--- this year.

Originally posted by JonEJet+Oct 21 2004, 07:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Oct 21 2004, 07:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-latinlawyer@Oct 20 2004, 09:49 PM

WHO CARES.....26 WS wins...BIG WHOOP&#33;

YOUR BANKEE&#036; choked away a 3-0 series lead..no amount of history will change that....

LL

Now the Yanks can join the Mess golfing&#33;&#33;

So how did those trades for Zambrano and Benson work out? [/b][/quote]
    LL&#39;s a mets fan?

That explains it.

Isn&#39;t it funny how these poor mets fans are obsessed with how the YANKEEES do?
    Yet all the while those of us who are YANKEES fans don&#39;t give a damn how the mets do.

Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 21 2004, 08:06 AM
    Seriously this "27th is the toughest" garbage is the most pathetic excuse I&#39;ve ever heard.

But your past glory years don&#39;t really change the fact that the Yankees lost--- pathetically--- this year.
    You&#39;ll be in your grave a long time before the red sox even come close to having enjoyed the same level of success that I&#39;ve seen my YANKEES enjoy during my own lifetime.

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 21 2004, 07:55 AM

Just a little worse then the Brown Vasquez and Arod trades did for you guys.

Now the Yankes will become the Braves regular season champs, playoff jokes.

Originally posted by ShadeTree#55@Oct 21 2004, 08:11 AM
    Now the Yankes will become the Braves regular season champs, playoff jokes.
    Nonsense, they&#39;ll be back.

Originally posted by JonEJet+Oct 21 2004, 08:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Oct 21 2004, 08:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-latinlawyer@Oct 20 2004, 09:49 PM

WHO CARES.....26 WS wins...BIG WHOOP&#33;

YOUR BANKEE&#036; choked away a 3-0 series lead..no amount of history will change that....

LL

Now the Yanks can join the Mess golfing&#33;&#33;

So how did those trades for Zambrano and Benson work out? [/b][/quote]
    Those trades worked out as well as the Brown and Vazquez acquisitions....together they gave up 8 runs yesterday (3 hr&#39;s)

Meet you at the First hole...

LL

Originally posted by valleyjet+Oct 21 2004, 08:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (valleyjet @ Oct 21 2004, 08:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RichardSeymour@Oct 21 2004, 08:06 AM
    Seriously this "27th is the toughest" garbage is the most pathetic excuse I&#39;ve ever heard.

But your past glory years don&#39;t really change the fact that the Yankees lost--- pathetically--- this year.
    You&#39;ll be in your grave a long time before the red sox even come close to having enjoyed the same level of success that I&#39;ve seen my YANKEES enjoy during my own lifetime. [/b][/quote]
    Many Bostonians could say the same about the Celtics vis a vis the Knicks.

Would that really matter if the Knicks kicked the Cs *** in an embarassing way?

Nope.

Originally posted by ShadeTree#55+Oct 21 2004, 07:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShadeTree#55 @ Oct 21 2004, 07:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet@Oct 21 2004, 07:55 AM

Just a little worse then the Brown Vasquez and Arod trades did for you guys.

Now the Yankes will become the Braves regular season champs, playoff jokes. [/b][/quote]
    Not exactly.

Yanks did not win 13 straight Division Titles, only to lose every season but 1. They did win the WS 4 times during this 9 season run. Quite better than the Braves.

Way better than the Mets.