0 0%
  • K Boy Sierra

0 0%
  • Calm Torre

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Valuable Yankee

Hall Of Fame
    Gordon has had his fingerprints all over every loss. But there are so many "worthy" choices.

Gordon and Posada

TomShane
    Giambi is the biggest thief here, but Gordon was the guy that gave the Sox life in both of their huge comebacks. ARod wasn't awful, but he was playing alot like a utility guy in big spots. I think Sheffield decided it was time to go home, like, yesterday.

All Pro
    Its actually a hard choice, thats the funny thing

Hall Of Fame
    Trash Gordon has been ghastly. Sunday night's HR to Ortiz gave'em life, and the Swx haven't stopped since. Steinbrenner might key his car.

you forgot Gay Rod. who would be my choice after he tried cheating yesterday, and basically squandered that inning for you guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Polls are limited to 10 choices.

Jorge Posada and his pissy hands.

TomShane
    You have to give Posada a break here. He is beat down from a long season and the yanks need to go and acquire a capable 40 to 50-game playing back-up for him

All League
    Gordon sucked in the postseason, he was so good during the regular season.

But he choked more than the rest of em'

Kevin Brown. Next to Giambi I can't find a guy I despise on this team more right now.

F him

You guys will be mad....but Mariano blew that save on Sunday and that was big...not to mention Sheffield...A-Rod...and Jeter...they did ok, but not the big time hits they are capable of. Some of the people on your vote tried to win with what they were handed. Posada caught for what was being pitched to him...not his fault. And Giambi was not even chosen for the roster...don't blame him. Torre should have chose him. Sick and all I think he would have been a great option for DH....shoulda coulda though. They'll be back next year. Don't fret...

Kevin Brown. Hands down. It's not even an issue.

He was brought in to be that go-to guy. He had the parasite issue, and the back problems. But he was coming back, just like Moose did. Then, 3 -4 weeks into his comeback, he tries to beat up a cement wall. Cost the Yanks an experienced big game starter. Look at his previous post-season resume. Pretty good with the Pads and Marlins.

He cost the Yanks big time this season. Last night just caps it off.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sheff and Arod

Big $$$$$ guys that were nowhere to bee seen the last few games

Sheff really had me pissed

He was clutch this season....and games 4-7 was a guarantee out!!

Should have signed Vlad....LMAO

I couldnt answer because there was not an all of the above option

Originally posted by JetsMan57@Oct 21 2004, 11:04 AM
    I couldnt answer because there was not an all of the above option
    Its the curse of A-Rod 57.

Hall Of Fame
    Should of signed Vlad? First off guys Sheffield had a remarkable MVP season , a Terrible 4 playoff games isnt going to change that at all. The fact is the whole team blew the last 4 games not just an individual person! I blame the whole roster ! Man Im not used to being out of world series play really , Now i know how Met fans have been feeling the last 5 months or so.

Compare the ages of Vlad and Sheff and think about him breaking down and not being able to lift his glove above his shoulder.

You could have had 7 years of Vlad, or 2 maybe of a juice head that made errors on purpose to force a trade.

Hall Of Fame
    The fact is this season Sheff had a remarkable year.... Whenever we needed it he came through in the clutch. When he leaves , he will leave trust me we will find someone else. We also have a star in the making Bubba Crosby on the bench who could possibly replace him.