Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who gets fired first??

come on now, biggest collapse in major professional sports, someone's ass will be on the line...just who will it be.

my vote goes for Mattingly....i'd hate to see it, he's really the only yankee I've ever respected, i don't think he deserves it but it won't be Torre.

Now, congrats Red Sox on defeating the Evil Empire, now its up to the Jets to go up there and rain on their parade!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    The same people who treat Torre like God called him Clueless Joe in 1996. That commercial is almost an indictment. It's like any job-you stay too long, you get stale. Kick him upstairs or something. And get a nutball in here to light the fire. it won't be sold as a firing, but a promotion. 2000 is gonna be 5 years ago next spring.

TomShane
    Oh please. You KNOW Brian Cashman is bent over a Pommel Horse somewhere under the Stadium with George wearing his Nazi uniform going medieval on his ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Wake the Gimp..or Curt Schilling and his tampaxed ankle.

Originally posted by TomShane@Oct 20 2004, 11:25 PM
    Oh please. You KNOW Brian Cashman is bent over a Pommel Horse somewhere under the Stadium with George wearing his Nazi uniform going medieval on his ass.
    Bingo!!!

Banned
    I love how FOX kept showing Cashman as the game progressed. You could see it on his face that he knew this was his last game with the Yankees.

Originally posted by TomShane@Oct 21 2004, 01:25 AM
    lol

TomShane

Maxman
    I was going to start a thread on this. But there are going to be millions of threads here so it would just got lost anyway.

I am pretty sure Mattingly is back (if he wants to be). Torre will take crap but he gets saved because of the 4 WS victories.

But Cashman is gone. I really believe that. He had the biggest bankroll and his moves didn't work.

Kevin Brown and Vasquez were his moves. Flash was his move. Cost the Yankees dearly in this series.

He traded away Ted Lily and that didn't work out. Contrereas didn't work out. Not the Yankees have to deal with 25 million in salary for Javy and Brown next year. And that hurts. Add in another 15 mill for AROD who had a bad year in big spots and they are crippled by his moves.

Brian, it may not be fair but you new the rules coming in. Good luck to you.

I agree with Max and TS ... Cashman walks the plank for this debacle

And to answer the question the thread poses ... who walks the plank first?

Same Guy ... Brian Cashman

I'm guessing Brian Cashman doesn't make it past this weekend ... by monday he may be gone

All League
    Weekend? He might get fired tonight :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Steinbrenner fires himself and let's this man take over:

Originally posted by Icer@Oct 21 2004, 01:06 AM
    LOL!! :lol:

VERY TRUE ... I almost forgot about George

Maxman
    Originally posted by Icer@Oct 21 2004, 01:06 AM
    Nothing happens until the World Series ends. Baseball is real strict about making moves and announcements while the WS is under way. They don't want the spotlight to be removed from the game itself.

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 21 2004, 01:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 21 2004, 01:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Icer@Oct 21 2004, 01:06 AM
    Nothing happens until the World Series ends. Baseball is real strict about making moves and announcements while the WS is under way. They don&#39;t want the spotlight to be removed from the game itself. [/b][/quote]
    And in Brian Cashman&#39;s case, that&#39;s what&#39;s known as a stay of execution

Maxman
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 21 2004, 01:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 21 2004, 01:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 21 2004, 01:54 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Icer
    @Oct 21 2004, 01:06 AM

Nothing happens until the World Series ends. Baseball is real strict about making moves and announcements while the WS is under way. They don&#39;t want the spotlight to be removed from the game itself.
    And in Brian Cashman&#39;s case, that&#39;s what&#39;s known as a stay of execution [/b][/quote]
    Ham:
    The thought of him getting fired is actually helping me get through this. Wouldn&#39;t it be great if Stick took his old job back? Stick doing advanced scouting and the like is certainly a waste of his talents.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 21 2004, 02:02 AM
    Ham:
    The thought of him getting fired is actually helping me get through this. Wouldn&#39;t it be great if Stick took his old job back? Stick doing advanced scouting and the like is certainly a waste of his talents.
    I&#39;m with you, bro ... I never thought much of this book-keeper masquerading as a GM

He&#39;s not a baseball man ... he&#39;s an accountant

Now some NON SAVVY fans will say he has done all this winning, but you and I know better

We know he simply inherited the fruits of Gene Michael and Bob Watson ... then slowly he pissed it away

He still has some of the core he inherited, and the BIG MONEY aquisitions via KING GEORGE ... those two things have kept this team successful ... but his own moves for the most part have flatout sucked

Cashman walks the plank ... and none too soon if you ask me

Maxman
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 21 2004, 02:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 21 2004, 02:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 21 2004, 02:02 AM
    Ham:
    I&#39;m with you, bro ... I never thought much of this book-keeper masquerading as a GM

Now some NON SAVVY fans will say he has done all this winning, but you and I know better

We know he simply inherited the fruits of Gene Michael and Bob Watson ... then slowly he pissed it away

He still has some of the core he inherited, and the BIG MONEY aquisitions via KING GEORGE ... but his own moves for the most part have flatout sucked

Cashman walks the plank ... and none too soon if you ask me [/b][/quote]
    Funny thing about that. They gave Javy 4 years 40 million. Now I think this kid is going to be good. He has the right attitude to succeed. He performed terribly all 2nd half. Had a rough time in game 7. He gets taken out and he sits on the bench with his teammates. Where was Kevin Brown? Not on the bench.

So I think Javy can be good, he did make the All Star game. But had he not been signed immediately, he certainly wouldn&#39;t have gotten 10 million per year.

Sorry Cash, but that is another black eye for you. Javy might win some big games for this franchise in a few years. You won&#39;t be here to see it though.

Them&#39;s the breaks&#33;

i wish george would fire himself.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 21 2004, 01:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 21 2004, 01:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 21 2004, 02:02 AM
    Ham:

He still has some of the core he inherited, and the BIG MONEY aquisitions via KING GEORGE ... those two things have kept this team successful ... but his own moves for the most part have flatout sucked

Cashman walks the plank ... and none too soon if you ask me [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think cashman has been the problem, yes he inherited a great situation but the demise of this team goes back to when george began to get mroe involved again and started making "80s" moves by acquiring big named bats. When we were winning thsoe WS it was more of a small ball team w/ good pitching and defnese butwe have transformed into a HR reliant offense and that&#39;s b/c George wanted big names to sell more tickets. He got his wish b/c we had all-time attendance but it&#39;s difficult to win that way. I appreciate that he spends money and wants to win but I wish he&#39;d let the baseball people make the baseball decisions. The latest dynasty was built by Stick and Buck laregely b/c george was suspended and wasn&#39;t around to screw up the development of the team. Does anyone have Howie Spira&#39;s number?