Thread: Cudos to the Sox

I'm more disgusted than I am devestated right now. That's life though.

The Sox came back from the dead and took it.

Well that's it. Enjoy it

maybe if we had more guys like the guy in your avatar things would have been different

I'm watching the post game right now and Jeter looked a writer dead in the eye when he asked him after closing out teams so many times in past what happened here.

Jeter's response : Not with this group.

More and more you see this team moving away from what worked in the past and going back to the Steinbrenner teams of the late 80's. All hitting and no pitching.

Brown: Waste
    Loaiza: Waste
    Vazquez: Waste in Training

Originally posted by shawn306@Oct 21 2004, 01:48 AM
    I'm watching the post game right now and Jeter looked a writer dead in the eye when he asked him after closing out teams so many times in past what happened here.

More and more you see this team moving away from what worked in the past and going back to the Steinbrenner teams of the late 80's. All hitting and no pitching.

Brown: Waste
    Loaiza: Waste
    Vazquez: Waste in Training
    wow did he really say that?

at least hes got a sack.

When jeter got the rbi single he had to scream into the dug out to try and get these slugs moving.

No energy

Noe enthusiasm.

gutless performance

Hall Of Fame
    I've been saying this (along with a lot of other people) that this team is nothing like the old one and because of that, they wont win. Having all the names in the world is great and stuff, but those guys from 96 were special. Honestly, Cairo was the only new addition who fit that Yankee mold. This just goes to show that no matter how big of a name you are, a different player will probably show up during the postseason, and vice versa.

I hate the Yankees, but I would imagine George wouldve figured this out by now. I doubt he has, which means this Yankee organization could be the Buffalo Bills of baseball now :lol:

totally agree about Cairo

He was a mariano duncan type

The one thing about the 96-2001 group was that most of the core was built by Stick Michael and Buck Showalter while Steinbrenner was server a suspension.

Since the loss to Arizona in 2001 George has been more involved and you see the results. Giambi, Contreras, Mondesi, Brown, Lofton.

How do you let a guy let Pettitte go while your out wining and dining the likes of Lofton or Sheffield for that matter ?

This could be a loss that could set the franchise back 10 years

Hall Of Fame
    Sheffield and Matsui aren't problems, and they're Steinbrenner moves. It's the whole Lilly becomes Kevin Brown, Contreras, Vasquez when there was a market for Johnson-all FO decisions. You can't totally blame Steinbrenner. Posada is now a liability. They really have to stop and take a hard look at everyone and everything. Not having a solid lefty or 2 in the rotation and the pen sucked.

Pleas enough old guys-no David Wells. Pitchers at 40 don't age well.

exactly bugg

you cant say anything bad about Matsui hes been all of what we could have asked for.

Sheff carried this team throughout the year.

Arod was a major dissapointment, i said it all season.

Posada his a .250 hitter 16 hrs and 60 rbis tops

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by shawn306@Oct 20 2004, 11:48 PM

Takes balls for the guy to say something like that.

Wonder who he is pointing out? Have to think the likes of Sheff and Giambi!!

And pitchers like Gordon and Vazquez

Hate to say this.....but the guys who hung tough for us this series were guys like Loiza and Leiber.

But what Jeter should have said is that he played like dookie, and it was his fault the Yanks lost&#33; Take the blame....don&#39;t defer it <_<