Thread: For BoSox fans

All League
    If the Red Sox end up losing the World Series, will all the Sox fans still consdier this year a great success? Or are you guys saying it is all about the World Series, and if they lose it, its pretty damn dissapointing?

I am just kind of curious to hear how the Sox fans will feel if this World Series is lost. Not saying they will and shouldnt even look at it like that, but this was such a great comeback that I kind of want to know that no matter what happens, your baseball lives were made.

All Pro
    I am happy as a pig in you-know-what right now, but obviously the WS is what I want.

The fact that they beat the Yanks the way they did only makes it sweeter.

It would be a disappointment if, after playing that way, they go and find a way to break my heart.

That said, I'm rooting for a 27 inning game tomorrow.

Waterboy
    For me beating the Yankees was huge. Watching Cashman and the Yankee fans staring in disbelief was awesome. (If I was a Yankees fan I would have had the same look on my face. A world series win would be the icing on the cake for me.

All League
    Last year was cool.Know this-last year walking out of game 6 while the Marlins celebrated was as bitter as walking out of game 7 vs. the Sox was sweet.

If you guys don't win the Series, this will be pretty hollow.And enough with obsessing over the Yankees. Worry about the Cardinals or the Astros. I ain't watching, unless Clemens is in position to win game 7 at Fenway. Look, you've won division titles and pennants, but you haven't won a World Series since...

That's the Curse.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Bugg@Oct 21 2004, 10:04 AM
    Last year was cool.Know this-last year walking out of game 6 while the Marlins celebrated was as bitter as walking out of game 7 vs. the Sox was sweet.

If you guys don't win the Series, this will be pretty hollow.And enough with obsessing over the Yankees. Worry about the Cardinals or the Astros. I ain't watching, unless Clemens is in position to win game 7 at Fenway. Look, you've won division titles and pennants, but you haven't won a World Series since...

That's the Curse.
    Agree. But let the BoSox fans enjoy this now. They don't have this happen to them to often.

It's the fools like ^$&&*$&$55 who are the real jerks here.

flushingjet
    its a great success, but the WS has to be won.

All Pro
    Of course two Yankee fans have to opine.

For me, an actual Red Sox Fan , it is like it is a dream.

If the Sox lose I will not be disappointed. I am old enough to remember 1986 and get illl everytime I see Buckmer's clip or hear reference of it and last year is still a bitter memory, but this year is different. Being down 3-0 to the Yankees and 3 out away from the offseason, puts a different perspectice on things. Luck is a bad word, but the Sox are lucky to still be playing. I would liken it to a near death experience and life after that is just the cherry on top of the whipped cream.

All League
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 23 2004, 07:14 AM
    If the Sox lose I will not be disappointed.
    Therapy has worked wonders for you.

All Pro
    Originally posted by TampaT+Oct 23 2004, 11:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaT @ Oct 23 2004, 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PFSIKH@Oct 23 2004, 07:14 AM
    Therapy has worked wonders for you. [/b][/quote]

That is not it. It is just because I have a job were I have access to weapons and can blow &#036;hit up.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 23 2004, 07:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 23 2004, 07:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by TampaT@Oct 23 2004, 11:24 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-PFSIKH
    @Oct 23 2004, 07:14 AM

Therapy has worked wonders for you.

That is not it. It is just because I have a job were I have access to weapons and can blow &#036;hit up. [/b][/quote]
    That and you&#39;re used to it

All League
    The goal of this year was to win it all and so if we lose the World Series then I will be disappointed. However, the route they took to get to the World Series does change things. It basically means that regardless of the outcome the year gave the club and fans a lot of success. If it were the Twins the Red Sox rallied to beat then I would say differently. But it wasn&#39;t. It was the yankees and it was done with winning 4 in a row against them, one win coming with Rivera in to close 3 outs away and then 2 in yankee stadium with the last game being such a dominant performance. That means a lot. And it is a testament to the yankee organization for the entire Red Sox Nation to be glowing from that achievement as it speaks volumes not only for the heart of the Red Sox, but to the admitted success and dominance the yankees have had and that we finally beat the yankees in 4 consecutive meaningful games. Game 7 was the only one remember, the yanks had 4 chances to bury the Red Sox and they couldn&#39;t pull the trigger.