Thread: wasn't even close

Hall Of Fame
    I can't write much. I'm beat. I'm exhausted. I have to work in 4 hours.

I will say this though. The yankee organization, and mostly the fans, undersestimated the Red Sox. You were beat fair and square. Biggest upset in sports history and it happend in your own stadium. I love it. I go to bed very proud to be a Red Sox fan.

no one was underestimating the Sox before the series started

once it got 3-0 though...yeah, then obviously

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 21 2004, 12:23 AM
    I can't write much. I'm beat. I'm exhausted. I have to work in 4 hours.

I will say this though. The yankee organization, and mostly the fans, undersestimated the Red Sox. You were beat fair and square. Biggest upset in sports history and it happend in your own stadium. I love it. I go to bed very proud to be a Red Sox fan.
    Amen.

You just can't use enough superlatives for this Sox team--- and yes, to an extent the Yankees did choke, but no one should dare to try and undercredit the Sox for an amazing, gritty, balls to the wall four games.

I am very proud of this team and of my fellow Red Sox fans.

We deserved this guys. We really did.

Everyone gave this Sox team up for dead. My god.

I will get 2 hours of sleep tonight.

Worth it.

Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Oct 21 2004, 01:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RichardSeymour &#064; Oct 21 2004, 01:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet@Oct 21 2004, 12:23 AM
    I can&#39;t write much. I&#39;m beat. I&#39;m exhausted. I have to work in 4 hours.

Amen.

You just can&#39;t use enough superlatives for this Sox team--- and yes, to an extent the Yankees did choke, but no one should dare to try and undercredit the Sox for an amazing, gritty, balls to the wall four games.

I am very proud of this team and of my fellow Red Sox fans.

We deserved this guys. We really did.

Everyone gave this Sox team up for dead. My god.

I will get 2 hours of sleep tonight.

Worth it. [/b][/quote]
    No doubt ... I thought of guys like YOU and SCOT when the Red Sox recorded the last out ... the guys who have waited forever for this moment and this Red Sox team ... believe it or not, I&#39;m happy for your guys

To RS, Scot, PFSIKH, Garbanza, and all the rest of this boards loyal Red Sox fans ... I congratulate you

Sure, you guys are doing a little dancing on our graves tonite ... but that&#39;s okay too, cause you earned this nite through all the years of suffering

As a Yankee fan I am bitterly disappointed with my own teams performance, but at the same time I can appreciate what you guys are feeling tonite and you guys deserve this moment ... and your team deserves it too

After Game 3 they played like a team that wanted it more ... they were hungry, determined, and they faught like hell

So again, congratulations fellas

Yeah.... I generally try to be restrained, but after years of having to mostly just suck up and accept the abuse so many classless Yankee fans hurl at the Sox and Sox fans, I&#39;m definitely not above tapdancing on some tombstones. I&#39;ve earned it, and if the Sox had blown a 3-0 series lead I can only imagine how bad the abuse would be here.

That said my condolences to those few classy longstanding Yankee diehards such as yourself Ham. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the city, the team, or the fanbase in general, but on an individual basis I do have some sympathy for how some of the classier Yankees fans are feeling.

That said, imagine feeling like this EVERY year. Imagine if Red Sox fans, most of us, were unrepentantly rubbing it in, and continually belittling the Yankees in a condescending manner.

If you can get your mind around that, you might, might start to have some sympathy for what it&#39;s like to be a Sox fan.

Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 21 2004, 01:53 AM
    That said, imagine feeling like this EVERY year. Imagine if Red Sox fans, most of us, were unrepentantly rubbing it in, and continually belittling the Yankees in a condescending manner.

If you can get your mind around that, you might, might start to have some sympathy for what it&#39;s like to be a Sox fan.
    Ummm, did you forget what football team I root for :blink:

:lol: