Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incredible Night!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew that if i put this on the main thread on gameday it would get moved in less than five, so i am saving the mods the problem.

anyway, i went to the most amazing concert. I saw Bruce Hornsby. IF there is anyone out there that likes his music, you must catch him live.

He plays piano like no one i have ever heard. The concert featured everything from his own work to "comfortably numb" floyd to "you sexy thing" by hot chocolate.

He also played some dead, brokedown palace, row jimmy and he even played a bit of freebird and take me out to the ball game. He is a cards fan.

His band was incredible. the drummer was amazing.

we were 2nd row center. He is playing in NYC this coming week so if there is anyone out there who can, go see him!!!

I am a veteran of probably close to 100 concerts and Hornsby puts on one of the best shows i have ever seen. :)

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's be serious. You're a Jets fan and a pretty well liked one to boot. This thread would have stayed on the main board. Now if I started it? It would have been moved before I was done typing it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk[/i]@Oct 24 2004, 02:27 PM
    [b] Let's be serious. You're a Jets fan and a pretty well liked one to boot. This thread would have stayed on the main board. Now if I started it? It would have been moved before I was done typing it. [/b][/quote]
    on gameday? i wouldn't want to take the chance. ;) would hate to end up like you? :lol: j/k.

well - liked, really? thanks. :) watch out --- here out in nowheres ville no one might see, but if they did, they might think you are becoming a softee. :lol:

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by greengal[/i]@Oct 24 2004, 12:44 PM
    [b] well - liked, really? thanks. :) watch out --- here out in nowheres ville no one might see, but if they did, they might think you are becoming a softee. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Hey, don't get it twisted. I never said I liked you. I just said the rest of the Jets fans seem to like you. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk[/i]@Oct 24 2004, 04:03 PM
    [b] I never said I liked you. I just said the rest of the Jets fans seem to like you. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    thats better! ;) :lol:

you wouldn't want to mess with your reputation. :lol:

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by greengal+Oct 24 2004, 04:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (greengal @ Oct 24 2004, 04:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Oct 24 2004, 04:03 PM
    [b] I never said I liked you. I just said the rest of the Jets fans seem to like you. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    thats better&#33; ;) :lol:

you wouldn&#39;t want to mess with your reputation. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Does this post signal the End Of The Innocence?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 09:35 AM
    [b] Does this post signal the End Of The Innocence? [/b][/quote]
    well done, Max&#33; ;) you a fan? his new cd is wonderful. much better then big swing face.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by greengal[/i]@Oct 24 2004, 09:32 AM
    [b] I knew that if i put this on the main thread on gameday it would get moved in less than five, so i am saving the mods the problem.

anyway, i went to the most amazing concert. I saw Bruce Hornsby. IF there is anyone out there that likes his music, you must catch him live.

He plays piano like no one i have ever heard. The concert featured everything from his own work to "comfortably numb" floyd to "you sexy thing" by hot chocolate.

He also played some dead, brokedown palace, row jimmy and he even played a bit of freebird and take me out to the ball game. He is a cards fan.

we were 2nd row center. He is playing in NYC this coming week so if there is anyone out there who can, go see him&#33;&#33;&#33;

I am a veteran of probably close to 100 concerts and Hornsby puts on one of the best shows i have ever seen. :) [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve seen him a few times. Once at Alumni Hall at St. John&#39;s. He was pretty amazing. My favorite times, though, were watching Bruce and Jerry trade back and forth with each other and smile. DAMN I miss the Dead&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 8 2004, 03:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 8 2004, 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-greengal[/i]@Oct 24 2004, 09:32 AM
    [b] I knew that if i put this on the main thread on gameday it would get moved in less than five, so i am saving the mods the problem.

we were 2nd row center. He is playing in NYC this coming week so if there is anyone out there who can, go see him&#33;&#33;&#33;

I am a veteran of probably close to 100 concerts and Hornsby puts on one of the best shows i have ever seen. :) [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve seen him a few times. Once at Alumni Hall at St. John&#39;s. He was pretty amazing. My favorite times, though, were watching Bruce and Jerry trade back and forth with each other and smile. DAMN I miss the Dead&#33; [/b][/quote]
    me too. :( jerry and bruce played off each other so well. they had so much fun together. i did really also enjoy the Brent era. listening back on the many concerts i have, his voice was so sweet, and he could play. was not a big vince fan.

but there was no one like jerry. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw him w/ the Dead a few times as well. Agree w/ all you said on the other piano guys. Not a big fan of his own material, but those cover songs must&#39;ve been pretty cool.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Nov 8 2004, 10:42 PM
    [b] Saw him w/ the Dead a few times as well. Agree w/ all you said on the other piano guys. Not a big fan of his own material, but those cover songs must&#39;ve been pretty cool. [/b][/quote]
    Jumba - nice to see more Jet deadheads here. :) You should check out his new cd, halcyon days. Much better than big swing face. He was awesome. Live, he is something else. He really plays with the audience.

Did you catch the reincarnated Dead this past summer? I saw one show, not bad. No one can replace Jerry though. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;s just too depressing without Cpt Trips around. Never was a big Bobby fan, but Phil&#39;s worth the trip. I have seen them since but not often, or recently. Besides Jazz Fest, and an occaisonal club gig, I&#39;m all but retired from the concert scene.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i believe they should have concerts for the over 30 crowd. ;) Bobby was always good eye candy, but now he looks more like a unibomber/ grizzley adams combo&#33; :lol: jerry was always the guy. Phil&#39;s voice is just awful. I was at the show in Philly when he did Unbroken Chain live for the first time. I still get goosebumps when i think of it.

Do you like the squirrel nut zippers. funky jazz.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by greengal[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 11:05 AM
    [b] i believe they should have concerts for the over 30 crowd. ;) Bobby was always good eye candy, but now he looks more like a unibomber/ grizzley adams combo&#33; :lol: jerry was always the guy. Phil&#39;s voice is just awful. I was at the show in Philly when he did Unbroken Chain live for the first time. I still get goosebumps when i think of it.

Do you like the squirrel nut zippers. funky jazz. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, the SNZ are hilarious. Discovered them at Horde Fest and saw them in a tent in Battery Park City(Jazz Passengers, too*). Have a few of thier CD&#39;s. That dude started a blues band and I caught their act at Irving Plaza. They were horrible. Anything recent happening from them?

*Deborah Harry

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce Hornsby is a great piano player...

some of his older solo stuff is good B)

I miss the Dead as well

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 02:56 PM
    [b] Yeah, the SNZ are hilarious. Discovered them at Horde Fest and saw them in a tent in Battery Park City(Jazz Passengers, too*). Have a few of thier CD&#39;s. That dude started a blues band and I caught their act at Irving Plaza. They were horrible. Anything recent happening from them?

*Deborah Harry [/b][/quote]
    nothing new that i am aware of. :( i am always looking for new and inteesting music. i would love some recommandations. :) have you heard of string cheese incident?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 03:00 PM
    [b] Bruce Hornsby is a great piano player...

some of his older solo stuff is good B)

I miss the Dead as well [/b][/quote]
    his older stuff is fabulous. wasn&#39;t crazy about big swing face. the way it is and harbor lights are two of my favorite cds. i also really enjoy halcyon days.

if you are a fan, how can you not miss the dead. :( so sad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    :( i am always looking for new and inteesting music. i would love some recommandations. :) have you heard of string cheese incident? [/QUOTE]
    I&#39;ve seen SCI a couple times at the Bowery Ballroom. Non-stop bluegrass jamming. They&#39;re playing MSG in late December and Radio City on New Year&#39;s Eve.

Leftover Salmon was another favorite of mine, but one of the main guys died a year or so ago. I&#39;m told they still rock, though.

Gov&#39;t Mule kicks ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    never seen them live. i figured they put on a good show.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What part of Conn. you from? Ever been to Toad&#39;s Place? There&#39;s a real old local band called NRBQ. They&#39;re lots of fun if you like to dance.