Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Why Did Kerry Vote Against...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is amazing to me that in this intense campaign no reporter has asked Kerry why he voted against the first Gulf War. Are they giving this guy a pass? Hmmm.. I wonder?

Bill Oreilly posed the question to Richard Holbrook a former UN Ambassador and Kerry's choice for Secretary of State if Kerry is elected. The reasoning he gave for Kerry was disturbing. He started by saying that Kerry's reasoning for voting against Gulf War 1 was highly nuanced and would take hours to explain.(OMFG!) When Oreilly pressed him to answer the question he stated that Kerry had felt that UN sanctions would be the best method to deal with the situation in Kuwait.

Lets cut the crap for a minute. The world runs on oil. If the supply is threatened our economy could shut down. When Saddam invaded Kuwait and threatened to continue into Saudi Arabia the whole would agreed that something had to be done. John Kerry stood by himself on the left fringe of his party voting against the war.

Kerry's judgment in that situation was dead wrong. Even dangerous. Based on that decision alone I conclude that he is not fit to lead.

On a recent episode of Donald Trump's Apprentice one of the contestants had won immunity from elimination. In the boardroom he bragged that he was so confident in his performance that he didn't need his immunity. Later in the episode when Donald Trump was firing him, Trump noted that the contestants decision to relinquish his immunity was the kind of disastrous misjudgment that could take down an entire company.

I think Kerry's vote against the first gulf war was that kind of misjudgment. I think a person who given the facts, could come to the conclusion that he did, lacks the judgment to be president.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I'm thoroughly confused about is why Kerry voted AGAINST the first Guld War even though that conflict had passed what he calls his global test. Then he voted FOR the current war even though it HADN'T passed that test. Then he criticizes the president for his war not passing that test.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 10:18 AM
    [b] What I'm thoroughly confused about is why Kerry voted AGAINST the first Guld War even though that conflict had passed what he calls his global test. Then he voted FOR the current war even though it HADN'T passed that test. Then he criticizes the president for his war not passing that test. [/b][/quote]
    The only test Kerry adheres to the the Personal political gain test. He says and does anything to gain political power. The man is without conviction. He was quick to sell out the POW's for his personal political gain and he's selling out our soldiers currently in Iraq for the same lowly reason.

The man blames everything from flu shots to Ashley Simpsons lip Synching on SNL on the Bush administration. I just can't believe that people don't see right through him. I suspect they do but they just blindly hate Bush so much that they don't care that Kerry is a piece of trash.