Thread: NBC News Video refuting Slimes report

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[url=http://www.dailyrecycler.com/blog/2004/10/nytrogate.html]Video[/url]

All Pro
    So let me get this straight.

The 9 months we spent p***y-footing around with the UN, very possibly caused the death of many of the coalitions soldiers?

Had we gone in right away, there is a good chance that we would have been able to sieze these explosives, and keep them out of the hands of the terrorists.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 01:04 PM
    [b] So let me get this straight.

The 9 months we spent p***y-footing around with the UN, very possibly caused the death of many of the coalitions soldiers?

Had we gone in right away, there is a good chance that we would have been able to sieze these explosives, and keep them out of the hands of the terrorists. [/b][/quote]
    That's seems correct.

This is the FUNNIEST (if anything CAN be funny about this) thing that's written there:
    "We understand that it's an important election -- but it just isn't fair for the New York Times and CBS News to sabotage the Kerry/Edwards ticket in the last week of the campaign!"

That's funny SH*T RIGHT THERE! CBS and the NEW YORK TIMES SABOTAGING the KERRY/EDWARDS campaign?!?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 12:04 PM
    [b] So let me get this straight.

Had we gone in right away, there is a good chance that we would have been able to sieze these explosives, and keep them out of the hands of the terrorists. [/b][/quote]
    We invaded Iraq without the permission of the U.N. Bush has stated numerous times that the U.S. does not submit to the U.N. regarding questions of "U.S. Safety and Sovreignty", such as (they claimed) the Iraq Invasion.

If U.N. permission was irrelevant (as it must be, since Bush has publicly said it is, and since we invaded without it) how can it be the U.N.'s fault that we held up our non-U.N. approved invasion when our leadership has stated that the U.N.'s position would not effect the U.S. decision to go to war?

Wasn't the decision on timing for this invasion completely within the control of the U.S. Legislature (to give G.Bush permission), and then G.Bush and his staff themseves?

Does the U.S. Government not bear ANY responsibillity for allowing this to happen?

Tom The Nader Fan™
    The US invaded Iraq in March. The troops were in Al Kokka :lol: and didn't find the "missing" stuff.

So the stuff dissapeared on the UN's watch, prior to the invasion, not on GW's watch one week ago, as the NY Times and 60 Minutes are misleading people to believe with this "new" report.

What a bunch of jackasses.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh-so now Kerry and the UN and everyone else is conceding that:
    1. Saddam was a threat who had Weapons of Mass Destruction(if they weren't WMDs, what's the big fuss?);
    2. Al Qeada was involved with him and his minions and in secreting these WMDs;
    3. The UN sanctions/inspections framework was totally ineffective;and
    4. Saddam and al Qeada could and did hide and move WMDs around.

So-Bush wasn't lying about all that, but now should have invaded sooner to secure these WMDs. Forget all that stuff Kerry said about "wrong war", right? Please-pick the reason you guys despise Bush and stick with it, rather than blame him for obviously contradictory things that can't possilby be true at the same time.

Haven't seem anyone twist themselves into knots like Kerry is doing now since "Plastic Man" went off the air.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 04:43 PM
    [b]
    We invaded Iraq without the permission of the U.N. Bush has stated numerous times that the U.S. does not submit to the U.N. regarding questions of "U.S. Safety and Sovreignty", such as (they claimed) the Iraq Invasion.

If U.N. permission was irrelevant (as it must be, since Bush has publicly said it is, and since we invaded without it) how can it be the U.N.'s fault that we held up our non-U.N. approved invasion when our leadership has stated that the U.N.'s position would not effect the U.S. decision to go to war?

Wasn't the decision on timing for this invasion completely within the control of the U.S. Legislature (to give G.Bush permission), and then G.Bush and his staff themseves?

Does the U.S. Government not bear ANY responsibillity for allowing this to happen? [/b][/quote]
    If you remember correctly, and I'm sure you do, President Bush tried to do it the Kerry way first. Now we're seeing the effects of it.

Bush went to the UN for support, didn't get it (for a myriad of reasons), and decided to do what he thought was right anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 05:43 PM
    [b] We invaded Iraq without the permission of the U.N. Bush has stated numerous times that the U.S. does not submit to the U.N. regarding questions of "U.S. Safety and Sovreignty", such as (they claimed) the Iraq Invasion.

Does the U.S. Government not bear ANY responsibillity for allowing this to happen? [/b][/quote]
    So, wouldn't the 9 month delay dissprove the Kerry supporters claims that Bush mad no effort to develop a broader coalition?

As you said, the fact that we went in proves that Bush wouldn't ultimately submit to a 'global test', but I would expect our President to consult with other world leaders in an effort to broaden support as it would increase the chance of success. And that is wxactly what happened.

What this is about it Kerry saying that Bush insisted on storming into Iraq without attempting to build a broad coalition, and now criticising Bush for waiting too long to go into Iraq.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 10:41 PM
    [b] The US invaded Iraq in March. The troops were in Al Kokka :lol: and didn't find the "missing" stuff.

So the stuff dissapeared on the UN's watch, prior to the invasion, not on GW's watch one week ago, as the NY Times and 60 Minutes are misleading people to believe with this "new" report.

What a bunch of jackasses. [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately, the left wing lie will once again be believed be a good part of the country still on the fence. Regardless of whether the truth has come out or not, it still will affect the election. It sucks.