Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Howard Stern confronts Michael Powell

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres the link...you have to FF about 30 minutes or so to get to Howard...Howard tells him his daddy gave him the job...

[url=http://www.kgoam810.com/]http://www.kgoam810.com/[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard always leaves out the fact that Powell was a [i]Clinton[/i] appointee.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patchyfogg[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 03:34 PM
    [b] Howard always leaves out the fact that Powell was a [i]Clinton[/i] appointee. [/b][/quote]
    Did you listen to it? They brought that up and Stern said "Michael Powell was appointed by George W. Bush" after that. And they didnt fight it.

Go religious right! Do the important stuff

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patchyfogg[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 03:34 PM
    [b] Howard always leaves out the fact that Powell was a [i]Clinton[/i] appointee. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why let the facts get in the way??

[url=http://www.fcc.gov/commissioners/powell/mkp_biography.html]http://www.fcc.gov/commissioners/powell/mk..._biography.html[/url]

Biography of
    FCC Chairman Powell

Michael K. Powell is Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. Chairman Powell was nominated by President William J. Clinton to a Republican seat on the Commission, and was sworn in on November 3, 1997. He was designated chairman by President George W. Bush on January 22, 2001.

As chairman, Mr. Powell has set out to bring FCC regulations into the 21st Century and to recognize the move of voice, video, and data technologies away from limited analog platforms to powerful digital applications that bring more value to the public. He has focused on initiatives that encourage market-driven solutions that promote consumer interests. He supports new methods of deploying advanced services through the use of new alternatives such as power lines, unlicensed wireless devices and other technologies that will expand affordable broadband options to all Americans regardless of their geographic location. From campaigning for the right to keep your phone number when switching wireless carriers to fighting to allow the choice of avoiding telemarketing calls with a Do-Not-Call list, Mr. Powell has put consumers on the forefront in this exciting and dynamic marketplace.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Howard's point and he makes it during the call is that Bush went to Powell to "turn the dogs loose" for lack of a better phrase.

I know Rush Limbaugh for President

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard Stern was funny about 8 years ago...now, he's just pathetic.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 04:50 PM
    [b] Howard Stern was funny about 8 years ago...now, he's just pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    The show is pretty good again. Artie is really funny. It will be good on Sirius.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Howard Stern was funny about 8 years ago...now, he's just pathetic. [/b][/quote]

I think that's due more to our maturation and changing tastes than Stern's bathroom humor which seems unchanged in the eight years since I have listened to him. I was watching his show on tv last week and he had a giant hemorrhoid contest. And for this Mr. Show can't be on anymore. Or that one show where the Trump like financier lived in a cardboard box because he was so traumatized by his childhood. That was cool. Too bad it only lasted one episode.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    You know how close Carter and Michael Moore are, in many respects. At the Democratic convention, the former president invited Moore to sit in his box. He told the filmmaker there was no one he'd rather sit with. And he informed a group of Emory students that his two favorite movies are Casablanca — and Fahrenheit 9/11. Carter has become a genuine kook. But you're not supposed to say it. He's a statesman, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, a house-builder, etc.

In any event, Carter and Moore share peculiar views of the American Revolution, and of the Iraq situation. Bear with me a moment.

On MSNBC, Chris Matthews asked Carter, "As an historian now, and studying the Revolutionary War, . . . do you see any parallels between the fighting that we did on our side and the fighting that is going on in Iraq today?" Answered Carter, "Well, one parallel is that the Revolutionary War, more than any other war until recently, has been the most bloody war we've fought. I think another parallel is that in some ways the Revolutionary War could have been avoided. It was an unnecessary war. . . . I think in many ways the British were very misled in going to war against America and in trying to enforce their will on people who were quite different from them at the time."

And here is Michael Moore, in one of his writings: "The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow — and they will win. Get it, Mr. Bush?"

The Democratic party may have cracked up — but that doesn't mean that the American people won't hand them power.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 03:50 PM
    [b] Howard Stern was funny about 8 years ago...now, he's just pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    He used to be more right politically until he woke up and realized who was trying to screw him. Been listening since I was 11. Bought Sirius the day the announcement was made. He is not as cutting edge as he was pre-movie, but he is still hysterical. Unfortunately, he's spawned a whole genre of bad radio.