Thread: Kerri campaign incinuates Gen. Franks a liar

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Joe Lockhart (remember him? A kerri lackey who was involved in the fraud perpetuated by Dan Blather) was on Fox trying to spin the myth that the President let OBL escape from Tora Bora and cited retired General McPeak's negative statements about the war. (McPeak has been retired from the military for a decade and now does commercials for kerri).

John Gibson of FoxNews pointed out that Gen. Franks himself has said that Kerri has his facts wrong about the situation in 2001 at Tora Bora and asked Lockhart "you aren't questioning Gen. Frank's credibility are you?"

Lockhart said "What I'm not doing is questioning Gen. McPeake's credibility...Gen. Franks has had two years to get his story straight about Tora Bora and he's out there doing the President a political favor."

Lockhart then went on ranting and basically called Rudy G. a piece of sh!t.

Should get plenty of airtime tonight and be interesting so judge for yourself.

Criticize this all you want but I guarantee it's very effective in the last few days of a Presidential campaign.

Very effective for Democrats, that is! Republicans could never get away with something like this.

No matter what the truth is, EVERYTHING is George Bush's fault!

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Oct 28 2004, 05:52 PM
    [b] Joe Lockhart (remember him? A kerri lackey who was involved in the fraud perpetuated by Dan Blather) was on Fox trying to spin the myth that the President let OBL escape from Tora Bora and cited retired General McPeak's negative statements about the war. (McPeak has been retired from the military for a decade and now does commercials for kerri).

John Gibson of FoxNews pointed out that Gen. Franks himself has said that Kerri has his facts wrong about the situation in 2001 at Tora Bora and asked Lockhart "you aren't questioning Gen. Frank's credibility are you?"

Lockhart said "What I'm not doing is questioning Gen. McPeake's credibility...Gen. Franks has had two years to get his story straight about Tora Bora and he's out there doing the President a political favor."

Should get plenty of airtime tonight and be interesting so judge for yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Kerry will say anything he can just to put a little bit of doubt in the Americans' minds... just enough doubt to make them vote for him. He must be taking advice from his ambulance chasing partner. Hasn't that been Edwards' job prior to becoming a hack Senator? Putting doubt in the minds of juries?

he doesn't need to place doubt for people to vote for him, just enough doubt that Bush voters don't turn out... and to be fair what has Bush done in 4 years to deserve another term? He's been a mediocre prez at best ...and At worst he's the anti-christ.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 28 2004, 08:41 PM
    [b] he doesn't need to place doubt for people to vote for him, just enough doubt that Bush voters don't turn out... and to be fair what has Bush done in 4 years to deserve another term? He's been a mediocre prez at best ...and At worst he's the anti-christ. [/b][/quote]
    But contrary to what you would like to believe, it could be worse. And will be if Kerry gets elected, internationally at least.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 28 2004, 07:41 PM
    [b] and to be fair what has Bush done in 4 years to deserve another term? He's been a mediocre prez at best ...and At worst he's the anti-christ. [/b][/quote]
    OK Matt, here are a few reasons why Bush deserves a second term:

[b]The Economy [/b]
    On September 11th, 2001 Our nation witnessed a massive attack at the hub of the financial world. It sent shock waves across the world and was a serious blow to all the worlds markets. I think President bush has done a remarkable job leading the recovery. While it is true that many jobs have been lost, and we now run a record deficit, I think the situation would be much worse without Bush's pro-growth policies like reductions in the marriage penalty, expansion of the child credit and earned income credits. These tax cuts benefit everybody, not just the rich. The president also made it easier for companies to write off big equipment purchases. This is the "Tax Cut for the Rich" that liberals keep talking about but is actually a tax cut for business. This was the only way to stop and reverse the hemorrhaging job market. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 96,000 jobs were created in the month of September alone.

[b]The War in Iraq: [/b]

On September 18, 2000, David J. Scheffer, the Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues appointed by CLINTON said in a speech to the Middle East Institute and the Iraq Foundation and the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.:

"Let me be clear at the outset. Our primary objective is to see Saddam
    Hussein and the leadership of the Iraqi regime indicted and prosecuted
    by an international criminal tribunal."

Ambassador Scheffer had good reasons.

Between 1983 and 1988, during the Iran/Iraq war, Both sides used Chemical Weapons (Cyanide), with Iran suffering the most civilian casualties. UN reports indicate 5,000 people lost their lives in Iraqi chemical weapon attacks against Iran. The U.S. government did NOT the supply any of these weapons. In fact FRANCE and The Soviet Union were the two principal suppliers. By 1986 the U.S. had issued three separate statements condemning the use of chemical weapons against civilian targets. Use of chemical weapons is a war crime according to the 1925 Chemical Weapons Treaty and a crime against Humanity. Credible reports indicate the Iraqis executed several thousand Iranian POWs. Executing Prisoners of War is a war crime and a violation of the 1949 Geneva Conventions.

But Saddam didn't stop at using Chemical weapons against Iranians. In fact, most of the people he murdered were Iraqi. In 1987 he ordered his cousin, Ali Hassan al Majid (Aka. Chemical Ali)to carry out the "Anfal" campaign against Iraqi Kurds in northern Iraq. The independent group Human Rights Watch has estimated that between 50,000 and 100,000 Ethnic Kurds had died by 1995. This is genocide on a mass scale and no different then the Jewish Holocaust.

Hitler and Saddam had a lot in common. Like when Saddam launched an unprovoked attack on August 2, 1990 to annex it's neighbor, Kuwait. Thousands of Kuwaiti Nationals were executed. Other foreign nationals were held hostage. And war crimes were committed against the U.S. forces sent there to liberate Kuwait. He ordered the ignition of Kuwaiti oil fields causing a massive ecological catastrophe.

After Saddam's forces were expelled from Kuwait Shia Muslims inside Iraq began organizing a popular uprising to overthrow Saddam's Baathist regime. The movement lost momentum after Saddam responded by killing between 30,000 and 60,000 Shia men women and children. And draining the southern marshes that were vital for growing food. Untold thousands were captured, tortured and murdered, or forced to watch as their families were shot in the head.

I could go on but I think you get the point here. Saddam was the world's most evil living person. I think It was a mistake for the Bush Administration to focus on WMDs as the reason for War when There are much better ones. War against the regime was the only solution. Saddam would never have surrendered voluntarily. If we hadn't acted to stop him, no one else would have and He'd still be there. You just CAN'T let someone get away with that s**t!

[b]Education [/b]
    No Child Left Behind is a sensible plan for national education. Liberals would like to throw money at the problem. This would surely make teachers and administrators happy, they'd have more taxpayer money to waste on laptops for 3rd graders. But money doesn't make kids smarter. Improving education must come from changing the climate in our schools and making teachers and administrators accountable for the money they spend and the students they teach. I think NCLB should have included giving teachers the ability to beat all these insolent high school kids like their parents should have.

[b]Abortion [/b]
    Abortion, except in cases where the health of the mother is at risk, (and I'll gove you incest or rape) is wrong. Period. Killing babies just because the child might be an inconvenience to the mother or society is an abomination. Hopefully George W. Bush will have the opportunity to appoint Supreme Court Justices who will overturn Roe vs. Wade. There DOES need to be MASSIVE adoption reform though. Anyone with the means should be able to adopt.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Oct 28 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b] Joe Lockhart (remember him? A kerri lackey who was involved in the fraud perpetuated by Dan Blather) was on Fox trying to spin the myth that the President let OBL escape from Tora Bora and cited retired General McPeak's negative statements about the war. (McPeak has been retired from the military for a decade and now does commercials for kerri).

Should get plenty of airtime tonight and be interesting so judge for yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Just another example of how the Democrats will say or do anything to steal the election. Their Power hungry!

All League
    [quote][b]But contrary to what you would like to believe, it could be worse. And will be if Kerry gets elected, internationally at least.[/b][/quote]

That is your opinion, but you basically are admitting that Bush has not been great. A lot of people feel Bush has been horrible, and your notion that Kerry would be worse doesn't hold any water because it is hard to fathom how anyone could be worse.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheMacExchange[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 12:33 AM
    [b] Just another example of how the Democrats will say or do anything to steal the election. Their Power hungry! [/b][/quote]
    What politician isn't?