Thread: The News Cycle is breaking Kerry's way

Hall Of Fame
    The news cycle is clearly breaking Kerry's way. The missing weapons story, the Halliburton probe, etc. My question is - is this enough to tip a close election his way? Can Bush sruvive it? Will the next fews days contain somethng that damages Kerry??

This is not meant to argue the merits of each story, or whatever. That is for another day, since it largely doens't matter. Of course the timing and legitimacy of many of these "stories" is dubious at best. But that doens't matter now. It only matters if it changes people'd votes. My question is: Will it? Will it be enough to bring Kerry to victory?

Thoughts?

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 09:19 AM
    [b] The news cycle is clearly breaking Kerry's way. The missing weapons story, the Halliburton probe, etc. My question is - is this enough to tip a close election his way? Can Bush sruvive it? Will the next fews days contain somethng that damages Kerry??

This is not meant to argue the merits of each story, or whatever. That is for another day, since it largely doens't matter. Of course the timing and legitimacy of many of these "stories" is dubious at best. But that doens't matter now. It only matters if it changes people'd votes. My question is: Will it? Will it be enough to bring Kerry to victory?

Thoughts? [/b][/quote]
    I doubt it. I tink people have aready made up their minds. Do you really know anyone who is still truly on the fence? Also, alot of people will see right through these trumped up stories. An argument could be made that the explosives story gets peoples minds focused on terror and Iraq. Bush wins on those issues.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 10:19 AM
    [b] The news cycle is clearly breaking Kerry's way. The missing weapons story, the Halliburton probe, etc. My question is - is this enough to tip a close election his way? Can Bush sruvive it? Will the next fews days contain somethng that damages Kerry??

Thoughts? [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately, I think there are still a lot of people that DON'T see through the trumped up stories. And when you had entire state's electoral votes going to a candidate based on only a few hundred votes difference as we saw in a few states 4 years ago... yeah it could make a huge difference.

All League
    Prediction, Bin Laden gets captured between now and election day.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b] Prediction, Bin Laden gets captured between now and election day. [/b][/quote]
    I hope to God he does get captured soon, but I'm not sure that would necessarily be a win for Bush. Kerry will jump all over him with some outrageous theory about how we've had him captured for months and waited until it was a politically good time to release the news. Kerry will say anything to get elected even if it means concocting something from that conniving little mind of his. And he will shortsightedly hurt America in the process.

the news helps no one - after the debate there's not enough focus to really change the discourse - it's too muddy out of Iraq - i mean yeah most people with a brain know the gov't f--ked up Iraq but Bush voters are living in a dream land of Rove's creation and that's not gonna change because of an explosives story...

the only thing that would register on voters minds right now would be something HUGE like the capture of Bin Ladin or god-forbid another major terrorist attack.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 12:03 PM
    [b] the news helps no one - after the debate there's not enough focus to really change the discourse - it's too muddy out of Iraq - i mean yeah most people with a brain know the gov't f--ked up Iraq but Bush voters are living in a dream land of Rove's creation and that's not gonna change because of an explosives story...

the only thing that would register on voters minds right now would be something HUGE like the capture of Bin Ladin or god-forbid another major terrorist attack. [/b][/quote]
    The news is hurting Bush in that he's spending all day fighting the spins coming from every story. He doesn't even have time to fight against the Kerry campaign. It's why Kerry's still SO in it this late in the game.

no my friend the reason Kerry is still in it is because Bush has been the worst US president since Jimmy Carter.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The news cycle or the circle of propaganda spun by the liberal media?

I too was concerned until now as I am listening to a soldier who was on the scene talk of how the "missing" .1% of the weapons were in American hands all along. This will open more eyes to the agendia of the MSM and after the way kerri jumped all over this story earlier in the week he could be toast.

I didn't sense the news cycle breaking for Kerry in the first place.

But with the today's October surprise that John Kerry's wife is STILL a disgusting pig it might be very bad news for Kerry.

[sarcasm]

Karl Rove is in charge of the US governmnt for the next four days.

[not sarcasm]

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

well, one of the undecideds went to kerry this morning - a friend of mine, conservative/republican historically, high-income type, etc., told me she's voting for kerry. her husband is still in bush's camp...