Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 Marines Dead

this rebuilding s--t is really working out well isn't it? :ph34r:

this war has been 1 disaster after another and the troops on the ground continue to die in vain - that's right folks - these soldiers died for NO REAL REASON

the entire premise of the war is flawed, and when it's a problem on that level, the best we can expect is to walk away - it is safe to say the objectives of making Iraq a pleasant bastion of freedom have pretty much gone down the toilet after 2 years of pure s**t.

how do the Bush supporters feel about the President sending people to their deaths for the noble cause of "Iraqi democracy?"

if you REALLY cared about the soldiers you would not support a man who has no regard for their sacrifice, no idea how to make this thing work... no idea how to fight [b]guerrilla[/b] warfare and more than that won't even admit the situation is what it is.

just another tragedy, just another disgrace :(

Banned
    Welcome to reality, such is the ugly face of war. Of course theres going to be death, that cant be avoided. I'm happy people like you didnt run our country during world war 2. We lost maybe 2-3,000 in iraq and afghanistan, compare that to world war 2 where we lost 350,000. Some of you people really need to wake up, war isnt without cost of life. And yes, of course it gets to us. We see soldiers being killed every day, its not easy. But we can't pull out because of a few thugs, gotta stay there and get the job done. Honestly i dont think the reasoning was flawed. I thought that going into iran would have been a better idea, but taking a guy like saddam out of power was not a bad thing, hes just as bad as hitler.

And the media would make you believe that iraq has gone to the toilet, but it really hasnt. People actually have electricity now, hospitals, schools, etc are being built back up. The economy is starting to have free trade, businesses are booming, and even free elections are coming up soon.

Btw, bush doesnt know how to fight guerilla warfare...thats not up to him. It's the people that are running our military that ultimately make the strategic decisions over there. And they sure as hell do know the situation. We learned from somalia and even the gulf war. Our military has progressed in the area of urban fighting so much, it's astonishing. I thought we were going to lose a couple thousand troops when we went into baghdad. I was very surprised how well we're actually doing.

We also have a pretty good record of re-building countries...take a look at germany or japan. These countries obviously didnt become prosperous overnight, infastructure takes years. You, and so many other people out there think this thing is a short term type deal. Learn something about history. Hell, take a look at how successful great britain and france are, even after their countries were nearly destroyed during ww2. You people just have such a flawed viewpoint, it's actually quite humorous.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 12:31 PM
    [b] this rebuilding s--t is really working out well isn't it? :ph34r:

this war has been 1 disaster after another and the troops on the ground continue to die in vain - that's right folks - these soldiers died for NO REAL REASON

the entire premise of the war is flawed, and when it's a problem on that level, the best we can expect is to walk away - it is safe to say the objectives of making Iraq a pleasant bastion of freedom have pretty much gone down the toilet after 2 years of pure s**t.

how do the Bush supporters feel about the President sending people to their deaths for the noble cause of "Iraqi democracy?"

if you REALLY cared about the soldiers you would not support a man who has no regard for their sacrifice, no idea how to make this thing work... no idea how to fight [b]guerrilla[/b] warfare and more than that won't even admit the situation is what it is.

just another tragedy, just another disgrace :( [/b][/quote]
    Bit, you were so concerned about the priceless treasures looted from Baghdad's museum, back in, what was it- April 2003?

Where did all that passion go, Bit?

You just dropped it like a bad habit when you could no longer exhaust any more political mileage from it.

"Integrity... integrity... integrity."

Yeah, hullo.

Hall Of Fame
    Unfortunately this happens in war. Just because you can&#39;t justify it in your tiny little world, doesn&#39;t make what they are doing unworthy. Glad you support their effort. <_<

bit, if I remember correctly John Kerry voted FOR the war in Iraq. He has also made many pre and post Iraq invasion statements in favor of the war.

It wasn&#39;t until August of this year that Kerry saw polls that suggested he change his mind re: the Iraq disaster.

I can only encourage that you and anyone else who is disguted with the Bush-Kerry War consider voting for Ralph Nader.

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b] Unfortunately this happens in war. Just because you can&#39;t justify it in your tiny little world, doesn&#39;t make what they are doing unworthy. Glad you support their effort. <_< [/b][/quote]
    Bit&#39;s just upset because they didn&#39;t die wearing UN blue berets, as per John Kerry&#39;s wishes.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsin04[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 12:46 PM
    [b] Learn something about history. [/b][/quote]
    i know about history - do you?

the British tried to colonize Iraq twice and failed miserably both times ... no one has been able to tame Afghanistan for the last 50 years ... also you say the President is not in charge of fighting guerrilla warfare meanwhile he won&#39;t even ADMIT that we are involved in Guerrilla warfare.

flushingjet
    [b] this rebuilding s--t is really working out well isn&#39;t it? :ph34r:

this war has been 1 disaster after another and the troops on the ground continue to die in vain - that&#39;s right folks - these soldiers died for NO REAL REASON

the entire premise of the war is flawed, and when it&#39;s a problem on that level, the best we can expect is to walk away - it is safe to say the objectives of making Iraq a pleasant bastion of freedom have pretty much gone down the toilet after 2 years of pure s**t.

if you REALLY cared about the soldiers you would not support a man who has no regard for their sacrifice, no idea how to make this thing work... no idea how to fight [b]guerrilla[/b] warfare and more than that won&#39;t even admit the situation is what it is.

You have to remember the age of this poster and their embarrassing lack of historical perspective. Again, this person has been exposed time and time again to have zero, nada, zip knowledge of history, politics, culture, economics, transportation, you name the topic save for football. And some fictional football game-type thing. He can remember the # of American soldiers who died
    in Iraq, for some twisted sort of anti-whatever pleasure but he can&#39;t remember the 3000-odd Americans civilians killed on 9/11. Who I might add died for NO REAL REASON, but whose loss, among other losses is the REAL REASON we need to destroy all Islamic militancy like Raid kills bugs dead.

[b]flushingJet[/b] who made you Mr. Wizard? where did you get your pHds in American History and Military Strategy from just out of curiousity?

you have proven you know how to attack me but can you respond to the actual topics in the post?

i remember 3000 dead in 9-11 but how does the death of the 8 Marines DIRECTLY contribute to their memory or even their children&#39;s safety? I would argue not at all. There are more "terrorists" than there were before and their numbers grow rather than shrink.

[b]Miltary FACT: The US is involved in PROLONGED urban guerrilla warfare, exactly the scenario famous military strategists (from both partisan sides) wanted to avoid. [/b]

You can say i don&#39;t know history what does General Anthony Zinni know? what does General Wesley Clark know? Just cause they don&#39;t support Bush they must be imbiciles as well?

flushingjet
    I sure know and have been through a lot more than you, what&#39;s your educational background? I have a BS and MBA, if that matters

Wiping out Iraq&#39;s army-made the US far, far safer
    Which led to Libya giving up their weapons-making us even more safer.
    BTW where did they get their weaponry, hmm. try Pakistan

Gee Iraq waged war, was an armed camp, but they were no threat to anyone.
    Beads and sandals and sweetmeats for all&#33; Let&#39;s break open those boxes of "allied" CARE packages to Iraq-German made gas masks, Russian RPGS and other assorted French munitions.

Zinni and Clark are Clinton&#39;s generals, who give a flying f*ck what they think.
    What ground war did they fight? Bosnia? Franks, and now Abazaid are in charge now. Any deficiencies in this war due to PC-style fighting & are ending right as we speak. Samarra was retaken, so was the Shiite south, Fallujah is rightly in the crosshairs. I love you LLLS. You wail if a US soldier dies but you gasp if we have to go into a mosque or "Islamic holy city" to wipe out terrorists (supreme oxymoron). If a prisoner wears underwear on his head its an "atrocity" but someone who is beheaded or dragged through the streets had it coming it to them because, hey they work for Halliburton & its the locus of evil.

Do you honestly think, that Iraq is a guerilla war fought solely by the patriots of Iraq?? Do you know that we&#39;ve captured and killed enough foreign combatants from Syria, SA, Jordan, Iran etc in Iraq to justify blowing all of these countries off the map? What are they doing there?

I&#39;m am starting to tire of repeating myself, but if you want to believe that all of these Islamic countries really want peace, or do not collude, or commit and support worldwide acts of terrorism, then you are beyond being convinced
    and will continue to live in some naive Candyland where America&#39;s machinations are the cause for the world&#39;s ills.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by flushingjet[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 04:56 PM
    [b] If a prisoner wears underwear on his head its an "atrocity" but someone who is beheaded or dragged through the streets had it coming it to them because, hey they work for Halliburton & its the locus of evil.

[/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t forget the looted cuneiform tablets from the Baghdad museum. Bit was pulling the hair from his head over that. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 11:31 AM
    [b]this rebuilding s--t is really working out well isn&#39;t it? :ph34r:

this war has been 1 disaster after another and the troops on the ground continue to die in vain - that&#39;s right folks - these soldiers died for NO REAL REASON

the entire premise of the war is flawed, and when it&#39;s a problem on that level, the best we can expect is to walk away - it is safe to say the objectives of making Iraq a pleasant bastion of freedom have pretty much gone down the toilet after 2 years of pure s**t.

if you REALLY cared about the soldiers you would not support a man who has no regard for their sacrifice, no idea how to make this thing work... no idea how to fight [b]guerrilla[/b] warfare and more than that won&#39;t even admit the situation is what it is.

just another tragedy, just another disgrace :([/b][/quote]
    IN 1946 the New York Times wrote the same garbage then and look at Germany and Japan now, even the U.S. took many years to get to the be the democracy or republic many now take for granted. Its a shame that 1000 great Americans have given their full measure of devotion, whereas there are more young Americans killed on the streets of the U.S.every year, should we throw the towel in on our government? IF someone had said it would cost the lives of 1000 brave souls to take Iraq, most would agree we thought it would have cost a lot more lives then that. Every time I go to a home Jets game and I don&#39;t see the twin towered skyline over looking our Tailgate party, it still hits me in the heart that 3000 souls died without a fighting chance, totally unarmed. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™+Oct 30 2004, 02:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Tom The Nader Fan™ @ Oct 30 2004, 02:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 12:31 PM

Bit, you were so concerned about the priceless treasures looted from Baghdad&#39;s museum, back in, what was it- April 2003?

Where did all that passion go, Bit?

You just dropped it like a bad habit when you could no longer exhaust any more political mileage from it.

"Integrity... integrity... integrity."

Yeah, hullo. [/b][/quote]
    Spot on.

He is a sickening, Angry little man...

Agreed. He loves news like that - not because he wants to see dead American soldiers, but because dead American soldiers bolster his political arguments. Glad I&#39;m not Bitonti.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    :lol: These are some of Bitonti&#39;s gems from the past:

Posted on: Apr 16 2003, 11:13 AM
    [i]Junta - i like you are saddened by the loss of priceless artifacts dating from the dawn of human civiliazation – [/i]-Bitonti

"Saddened" by the loss of "priceless artifacts". Tsk tsk. Pass the bon bon&#39;s, lovey. Mmmyes.

[i]No one in this nation gives a rats ass what happens to NYC, why is GW Bush any different? He&#39;s a cowboy hat wearing texan if it were up to him the whole thing would collapse like Sodom.[/i] -Bitonti

"No one in this nation gives a rats ass what happens in NYC". Can you believe this sht? :lol: Gosh, if you say so, Bit&#33;

But this one&#39;s the best, &#39;cos it just goes to show how wreckless and mindless are the people voting for John Kerry:

Posted on: Apr 25 2003, 12:00 PM
    [i]im not going to say that the Dems have all the answers, cause in many ways they are worse - have no freakin idea about the real world - especially in matters of foreign policy- and the welfare system is a disaster-

But when we spend the next few years rebuilding Iraq what i want to know is - when are we gonna rebuild America?? The schools, transportation infrastructre, healthcare systems, social security doom, corporatation concerns running Washington, 2 million lost jobs - and don&#39;t even get me started on border, port, energy, water security its disgraceful. is this country safer since 9-11? [/i]

The Dems have "no freakin idea about the real world- especially matters of foreign policy"...

But I&#39;m gonna vote for John Kerry. Makes sense to me. Sure, he&#39;s gonna sucure the border, port, energy, and water, too.

It wont be... [i]disgraceful[/i]. :lol:

This one&#39;s amusing too; he conjures up the "Treaty of Wesphalia"... from 1648&#33;&#33;&#33;

Posted on: May 5 2003, 11:45 AM
    [i]the US trampled all over the sanctity of nation states, first established in 1648&#39;s treaty of westphailia - this concept ensures that nations do not violate the borders of other nations without due cause. Its a concept older than our entire country and all in all pretty damn important. [/i]

1648&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom The Nader Fan™
    ..."and all in all pretty damn important."

Gawsh, really, professor???

:lol:

Tom The Nader Fan™
    this is an excerpt from one of the boy wizard&#39;s posts about the the legality and what not of our invasion of Iraq:

[i]it may seem stupid to you but the santity of nation states is not a minor clause - its one of the foundations of civilized society - however we as a nation have sent the message to the world that we don&#39;t give a rats ass about the conventions of civilized society. [/i] -Bitonti

[i]WE[/i] don&#39;t give a rats ass about the "conventions of civilized society"??? :lol: OK Bit, if you say so.

Who does, though? I&#39;d love to hear that answer. :lol:

[i]the truely messed up thing is that this nation is supposed to be a liberal democracy - its supposed to be an example of peace and individual freedoms - instead lately the US has become an example of warmongering and BAD GOVERNMENT, with no regard for the freedoms of individuals or of other nation states to govern themselves as they see fit. [/i]-Bitonti

This, coming from a guy who recently waxed nostalgic "Things were so much better when the soviet union was around".

Just as long as it&#39;s somebody else freezing to death is Siberia and not precious little mummys boy, Bitonti. :lol: Works for me, Bit.

Bit was also whipped up into a frenzy over Gitmo detainees and the Abu Graibh photographs:

[i]-the 680 prisoners at gitmo that have been held for 500+ days without charge or council - im not saying these people are all innocents and should be let free but they are in limbo - either charge em or move on the indefinate capture deal smacks of FACSISM[/i]

America- [b]BAD&#33;[/b] :lol:

Veteran
    I think a British philosopher put it best when it came to words about war:

[i]War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.[/i] - John Stuart Mill

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Hall Of Fame

Bitoni will be throwing a celebration party for the 8 dead later in the week.