Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: swing staters?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have been bashing each other 10 different ways from sunday - unfortunately 95% of the posters here regularly will be in decided states on Tuesday -

just out of curiousity, who here is actually voting in a swing state? (and please don't try to convince me that NJ is a swing state :lol: )

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm voting in Mass. Sweet. At least my vote is meaningless....

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 30 2004, 04:29 PM
    [b] who uses "commie traitor" in their vocab? wake up Moses its not the 1950's anymore. [/b][/quote]

1950's? Kerry met with representatives from the North Vietnamese government in Paris in 1971.

This is almost as stupid as when you said India and Pakistan didn't have nuclear capabilities during the soviet union era.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey tom, you taking the kid to this haunted house?
    [url=http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1004/hellhouse2004.html]http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1004/he...lhouse2004.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 31 2004, 01:33 AM
    [b] we have been bashing each other 10 different ways from sunday - unfortunately 95% of the posters here regularly will be in decided states on Tuesday -

just out of curiousity, who here is actually voting in a swing state? (and please don't try to convince me that NJ is a swing state :lol: ) [/b][/quote]
    I am in Florida. I made my vote early last week.

I guess you could call Florida a swing state.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Oct 31 2004, 11:05 AM
    [b] Hey tom, you taking the kid to this haunted house?
    [url=http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1004/hellhouse2004.html]http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1004/he...lhouse2004.html[/url] [/b][/quote]
    "We admire your pluck"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say one thing, the Kerry supporters are out in droves here in Tampa. Seems like every street corner has an aging hippy with a Kerry sign. Don't you people work?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    My vote (libertarian) will be in Virginia, which may or may not be a swing state. The State itself is VERY Conservative and votes Republican in every election. So that would imply VA is locked up as a Red State.

However, the wealthy population center in Northern VA (which accounts for about 65%+ of the States Revenue, but only about 30% of the population (I am going on memory here, so forgive me if those numbers aren't accurate)) is decidedly Liberal and Democratic at times (that's how a Dem won the last Governors election). And there are alot of whispering that the State may not be as solidly "red" as some in the media have implied.

Guess we'll find out Tuesday night, eh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 31 2004, 01:03 PM
    [b] My vote (libertarian) will be in Virginia, which may or may not be a swing state. The State itself is VERY Conservative and votes Republican in every election. So that would imply VA is locked up as a Red State.

However, the wealthy population center in Northern VA (which accounts for about 65%+ of the States Revenue, but only about 30% of the population (I am going on memory here, so forgive me if those numbers aren't accurate)) is decidedly Liberal and Democratic at times (that's how a Dem won the last Governors election). And there are alot of whispering that the State may not be as solidly "red" as some in the media have implied.

Guess we'll find out Tuesday night, eh? [/b][/quote]
    NY and Mass. have Republican governors, so who knows what could happen. If Bush were to win NY or Mass, I would keep my eye on the window for the four horsemen...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™[/i]@Oct 31 2004, 09:57 AM
    [b]

This is almost as stupid as when you said India and Pakistan didn't have nuclear capabilities during the soviet union era.

[/b][/quote]

it's funny to bring up our ALLIES the pakistanis - The bin ladin video was dropped off in an upper class Paki neighborhood and it also looks like that's where Bin ladin is... Bush couldn't even remember general monusraff's name before he was elected now he's a trusted ally against terror... what a great job he's doing, eh?

but i digress so i guess there are only about 3 posters in swing states?

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Oct 31 2004, 04:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti &#064; Oct 31 2004, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tom The Nader Fan™[/i]@Oct 31 2004, 09:57 AM
    [b]

This is almost as stupid as when you said India and Pakistan didn&#39;t have nuclear capabilities during the soviet union era.

[/b][/quote]

it&#39;s funny to bring up our ALLIES the pakistanis - The bin ladin video was dropped off in an upper class Paki neighborhood and it also looks like that&#39;s where Bin ladin is... Bush couldn&#39;t even remember general monusraff&#39;s name before he was elected now he&#39;s a trusted ally against terror... what a great job he&#39;s doing, eh?

but i digress so i guess there are only about 3 posters in swing states? [/b][/quote]
    Dude, you actually said this:

[b]BUSH WANTED 9-11 - HE PROBABLY KNEW IT WAS COMING AND HE WELCOMED IT - HE HAS USED THE EVENT AS JUSTIFCATION FOR REORDERING THE WORLD. THE ROAD TO WAR WAS PAVED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE 9-11 innocent. HE KILLS WONTONLY. HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE, AMERICAN OR OTHERWISE. HE HAS POOR JUDGEMENT AND MORALLY INDEFENSIBLE AGENDA.

ALL HAIL KING GEORGE II "The TERRIBLE" [/b]
    Forum: Jets Insider.com Landing Strip · Post Preview: #22467

:lol:

Ha ha ha&#33; I&#39;m rolling&#33; Dude, I read this a re-read this, and I picture Sally in the Pumpkin patch laying it to Linus, good&#33; :lol:

[img]http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/phoenixflightserv/hfh/ppatch.jpg[/img]

This is too funny:

"we as a nation are cruel liars without regard for life, liberty or the sanctity of individual nation states." -Bitonti :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe NJ is fully in play for Bush. He&#39;s been rising in the polls and, this may be reason for a thread itself, but the NY Daily News endorsed Bush&#33;

Who knows? Maybe NY isn&#39;t a lock either.