Thread: How does evereybody feel about

This year I'm hearing more active duty military talking about voting Democrat than in the past. Didn't hear many folks voting for Gore but I'm shocked at how many military people are for Kerry. Not the majority by any means, but far more than I expected.

Thoughts?

[quote][i]Originally posted by AirForceJetFan[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 09:24 AM
    [b] This year I'm hearing more active duty military talking about voting Democrat than in the past. Didn't hear many folks voting for Gore but I'm shocked at how many military people are for Kerry. Not the majority by any means, but far more than I expected.

Thoughts? [/b][/quote]
    A poll conducted in September showed Bush favored 3 to 1 over Kerry by active duty soldiers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Could be also that some enter the Service for the Benifits like College etc
    But never planned on having to go to War..Kennedy said it best..Ask not
    what your Country can do for you but what you can do for your Country! ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 1 2004, 09:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 1 2004, 09:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AirForceJetFan[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 09:24 AM
    [b] This year I&#39;m hearing more active duty military talking about voting Democrat than in the past. Didn&#39;t hear many folks voting for Gore but I&#39;m shocked at how many military people are for Kerry. Not the majority by any means, but far more than I expected.

Thoughts? [/b][/quote]
    A poll conducted in September showed Bush favored 3 to 1 over Kerry by active duty soldiers. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.....3 to 1 seems to be a bit of a drop off (speaking only from what I hear and see on base, not going off of what the news or media is telling me is true)

Last election finding a democrat voter was like a needle in a haystack, not so much this time around.

[quote][i]Originally posted by AirForceJetFan+Nov 1 2004, 10:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (AirForceJetFan @ Nov 1 2004, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 1 2004, 09:31 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-AirForceJetFan[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 09:24 AM
    [b] This year I&#39;m hearing more active duty military talking about voting Democrat than in the past. Didn&#39;t hear many folks voting for Gore but I&#39;m shocked at how many military people are for Kerry. Not the majority by any means, but far more than I expected.

Thoughts? [/b][/quote]
    A poll conducted in September showed Bush favored 3 to 1 over Kerry by active duty soldiers. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.....3 to 1 seems to be a bit of a drop off (speaking only from what I hear and see on base, not going off of what the news or media is telling me is true)

Last election finding a democrat voter was like a needle in a haystack, not so much this time around. [/b][/quote]
    Were talking 75% to 25% here. That is an overwhelming number. I doubt that it was any different in 2000. I think the difference this year ios simply that more people on either side are speaking up. The tell is the fact that the Democrats are constantly trying to discard votes from the military.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Like most of today&#39;s inaccurate polling, I can almost guarantee the "Active Millitary" vote is closer than 75%/25%. If I had to guess, I would put it closer to 60%/40% in favor of Bush.

Polling this time around has been patently inaccurate, and the pollsters know it and have admitted it (on both sides) a number of times in this election period.

I guess we&#39;ll know for sure, one way or the other, in a few days or so, won&#39;t we&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 10:28 AM
    [b] Like most of today&#39;s inaccurate polling, I can almost guarantee the "Active Millitary" vote is closer than 75%/25%. If I had to guess, I would put it closer to 60%/40% in favor of Bush.

Polling this time around has been patently inaccurate, and the pollsters know it and have admitted it (on both sides) a number of times in this election period.

I guess we&#39;ll know for sure, one way or the other, in a few days or so, won&#39;t we&#33; [/b][/quote]
    The active military polling is not inacurate. They&#39;re actually one of the easiest groups to poll. I highly doubt the polls are off by the 30 pts you claim them to be off by. If anything you might see 70-30.