Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: NY Post: Osama threatens Bush states

  1. #1
    November 1, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden warned in his October Surprise video that he will be closely monitoring the state-by-state election returns in tomorrow's presidential race — and will spare any state that votes against President Bush from being attacked, according to a new analysis of his statement.

    The respected Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates Arabic media and Internet sites, said initial translations of a key portion of bin Laden's video rant to the American people Friday night missed an ostentatious bid by the Saudi-born terror master to divide American voters and tilt the election towards Democratic challenger John Kerry.

    MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."

    The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

    That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.

    Yigal Carmon, president of MEMRI, said bin Laden used the Arabic term "ay-wilaya" to refer to a "state" in that sentence.

    That term "specifically refers to an American state, like Tennessee," Carmon said, adding that if bin Laden were referring to a "country" he would have used the Arabic word "dawla."

    MEMRI also translated an analysis of bin Laden's statement from the Islamist Web site al-Qal'a, well known for posting al-Qaeda messages, which agreed that bin Laden's use of the word "ay-wilaya" was meant as a "warning to every U.S state separately."

    "It means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president, it means that it chose to fight us and we will consider it an enemy to us, and any state that will vote against Bush, it means that it chose to make peace with us and we will not characterize it as an enemy," the Web site said, according to MEMRI's translation.


    [url=http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33124.htm]http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33124.htm[/url]

  2. #2
    NY is safe. Sweet!!

  3. #3
    Uh huh...

    And you'll excuse me if I don't completely take Bin Laden at his word...especially since he has already launched a devastating and cowardly attack on a historically democratic state because it happened to be the home of the hub of world economy.

  4. #4
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    It's pretty funny that only the right-wing Post, quoting an "institute" that no one has heard of, has this information that somehow got by our own government translators.

    And, the day before the election, no less!

    [img]http://tftb.com/deify/churchlady.jpg[/img]
    [b]How [i]convenient![/i][/b]

  5. #5
    I wonder if the American people are so weak as to vote for Kerry in the hopes that OBL will "leave us alone". It is clear who OBL perfers win the election. It is also clear that a Kerry victory will be claimed by OBL as an Al Qaeda Victory.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,449
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b] It's pretty funny that only the right-wing Post, quoting an "institute" that no one has heard of, has this information that somehow got by our own government translators.

    And, the day before the election, no less!

    [img]http://tftb.com/deify/churchlady.jpg[/img]
    [b]How [i]convenient![/i][/b] [/b][/quote]
    Right. Liberal media(NYT) would never stop that low... :o

  7. #7
    The Post is a rag. Please, i Doubt OBL would spare NYC...we are the CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. If you want to make a statement...you hit us like 9/11. Its the grandest stage...and even voting for Kerry would not stop them.

    This is a rag...trying to infuriate voters into thinking a vote for Bush is thumbing your nose at OBL..OBL HATES ALL AMERICANS....he wants us dead...doesn't matter.

    its not a dem or repub issue...its an American issue.

    LL

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    To be fair to the Post, Slate has picked up this stpry as well:

    [url=http://www.slate.com/id/2108954/]http://www.slate.com/id/2108954/[/url]


    Also, someone characterized MEMRI as something nobody's ever heard of. That is simply not the case....


    Personally, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to pay attention to anything this man says, in terms of where and when he'll attack us.

  9. #9
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 03:11 PM
    [b] The Post is a rag. Please, i Doubt OBL would spare NYC...we are the CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. If you want to make a statement...you hit us like 9/11. Its the grandest stage...and even voting for Kerry would not stop them.

    This is a rag...trying to infuriate voters into thinking a vote for Bush is thumbing your nose at OBL..OBL HATES ALL AMERICANS....he wants us dead...doesn't matter.

    its not a dem or repub issue...its an American issue.

    LL [/b][/quote]
    OBL will claim victory if Kerry wins. His whole reason for releasing the video was to claim that he influenced our elections. Like it or not.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 1 2004, 05:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 1 2004, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-latinlawyer[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 03:11 PM
    [b] The Post is a rag. Please, i Doubt OBL would spare NYC...we are the CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. If you want to make a statement...you hit us like 9/11. Its the grandest stage...and even voting for Kerry would not stop them.

    This is a rag...trying to infuriate voters into thinking a vote for Bush is thumbing your nose at OBL..OBL HATES ALL AMERICANS....he wants us dead...doesn&#39;t matter.

    its not a dem or repub issue...its an American issue.

    LL [/b][/quote]
    OBL will claim victory if Kerry wins. His whole reason for releasing the video was to claim that he influenced our elections. Like it or not. [/b][/quote]
    OBL wants Bush to win. Without Bush he has a much harder time recruiting.

  11. #11
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Nov 1 2004, 03:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Nov 1 2004, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 1 2004, 05:18 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-latinlawyer[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 03:11 PM
    [b] The Post is a rag. Please, i Doubt OBL would spare NYC...we are the CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. If you want to make a statement...you hit us like 9/11. Its the grandest stage...and even voting for Kerry would not stop them.

    This is a rag...trying to infuriate voters into thinking a vote for Bush is thumbing your nose at OBL..OBL HATES ALL AMERICANS....he wants us dead...doesn&#39;t matter.

    its not a dem or repub issue...its an American issue.

    LL [/b][/quote]
    OBL will claim victory if Kerry wins. His whole reason for releasing the video was to claim that he influenced our elections. Like it or not. [/b][/quote]
    OBL wants Bush to win. Without Bush he has a much harder time recruiting. [/b][/quote]
    Of course. I didn&#39;t realize that there was no terrorist threat before Bush. Thank you for enlightening me. I duppose 9/11 was planned in just the few months that Bush was in office then.


    Appeasers like you will never understand the need to confront evil. You are a Neville Chamberlain Liberal. You have been wrong on every subject from national security to welfare benefits. When will you learn?

  12. #12
    In the wake of the Osama endorsement of John Kerry I figured it was time to look back at some other prominent people who have endorsed him.

    So far Kerry has had some really big endorsements.

    Michael "Fat Ass" Moore,
    Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton,
    "Hanoi" Jane Fonda,
    Ho Chi Min,
    Howard "Argh" Dean,
    Saddam Hussein,
    Mullah Omar,
    Hezbollah (Teresa donates to their charities),
    Jesse "Heimey Town" Jackson,
    George Soros,
    Kim Jong Il "We&#39;ll wait for Kerry to Negotiate",
    Jaques "****ty little country" Chirac,
    Jimmy"Fuhgedaboudit" Hoffa Jr.,
    Samy Al Aryan, Ayatola Humeini, Ted Turner, Sharon Stone, Eminem, Cat Stephens Etc.

    That is a pretty distinguished panel don&#39;t you think? Did I miss anyone?

  13. #13
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 04:38 PM
    [b] In the wake of the Osama endorsement of John Kerry I figured it was time to look back at some other prominent people who have endorsed him.

    So far Kerry has had some really big endorsements.

    Michael "Fat Ass" Moore,
    Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton,
    "Hanoi" Jane Fonda,
    Ho Chi Min,
    Howard "Argh" Dean,
    Saddam Hussein,
    Mullah Omar,
    Hezbollah (Teresa donates to their charities),
    Jesse "Heimey Town" Jackson,
    George Soros,
    Kim Jong Il "We&#39;ll wait for Kerry to Negotiate",
    Jaques "****ty little country" Chirac,
    Jimmy"Fuhgedaboudit" Hoffa Jr.,
    Samy Al Aryan, Ayatola Humeini, Ted Turner, Sharon Stone, Eminem, Cat Stephens Etc.

    That is a pretty distinguished panel don&#39;t you think? Did I miss anyone? [/b][/quote]
    Redsox nation

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On some beach... somewhere...
    Posts
    3,735
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy+Nov 1 2004, 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Smizzy @ Nov 1 2004, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 04:38 PM
    [b] In the wake of the Osama endorsement of John Kerry I figured it was time to look back at some other prominent people who have endorsed him.

    So far Kerry has had some really big endorsements.

    Michael "Fat Ass" Moore,
    Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton,
    "Hanoi" Jane Fonda,
    Ho Chi Min,
    Howard "Argh" Dean,
    Saddam Hussein,
    Mullah Omar,
    Hezbollah (Teresa donates to their charities),
    Jesse "Heimey Town" Jackson,
    George Soros,
    Kim Jong Il "We&#39;ll wait for Kerry to Negotiate",
    Jaques "****ty little country" Chirac,
    Jimmy"Fuhgedaboudit" Hoffa Jr.,
    Samy Al Aryan, Ayatola Humeini, Ted Turner, Sharon Stone, Eminem, Cat Stephens Etc.

    That is a pretty distinguished panel don&#39;t you think? Did I miss anyone? [/b][/quote]
    Redsox nation [/b][/quote]
    Didn&#39;t their number one star pitcher endorse Bush? Yep.

  15. #15
    first of all..OBL could care less..If anything He wants a BUSH win...BUSH plays right into his hands and is clearly the best al qeada recruiter there ever was...Iraq is a galvanizing war that is bringing muslims from all across euope to Iraq to fight america..Muslims who are young and idealist and who never would have became invloved had it not been for Bush&#39;a attack on iraq..It is the afghanistan of the 80&#39;s for these people..
    So Bush has turned scores of non militant muslims into militant muslims&#33;
    He is OBL&#39;s Best salesman&#33;~
    That and the fact that OBL is Clearly NOT on the run and can read about halliburton and Bush&#39;s reading material clearly proves that OBL would prefer a Bush victory..

    BUT..I agree with OBL..UNTIL WE, the american people, have a dialogue about middle east foriegn policy..we will always be at risk...

  16. #16
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 11:03 AM
    [b]

    BUT..I agree with OBL..UNTIL WE, the american people, have a dialogue about middle east foriegn policy..we will always be at risk... [/b][/quote]
    You really are an ass.

    To my feallow JI&#39;ers another reason to vote for Bush today:

    Bman supports Kerry.

  17. #17
    if I am an ass then you are a dog who chases his own tail..
    I repeat..UNtil the american people look themselves in the mirror and elect people who will not support tyranical ME regimes, rape nations of oil, and support isreal at the expense of 1 billion muslims..then yes, we will always be at risk..If you can&#39;t see that then you are a dog chasing your own tail..

    is it so wrong to actually learn from mistakes?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 11:46 AM
    [b] if I am an ass then you are a dog who chases his own tail..
    I repeat..UNtil the american people look themselves in the mirror and elect people who will not support tyranical ME regimes, rape nations of oil, and support isreal at the expense of 1 billion muslims..then yes, we will always be at risk..If you can&#39;t see that then you are a dog chasing your own tail..

    is it so wrong to actually learn from mistakes? [/b][/quote]
    So, supporting tryannical regimes is wrong. But removing Saddam was also wrong. Removing the Taliban was right or wrong? Supporting Israel (a democracy) is wrong? "Raping" countries of their oil is equal to purchasing oil from them in what is obviously a seller&#39;s market? We shouldn&#39;t interfere, yet we can&#39;t buy oil from them, which increases their country&#39;s wealth. But, their distribution of that wealth is immoral, so we can&#39;t "prop up" the ruling class, yet can&#39;t remove that same ruling class by force. So, essentially, we are stuck. I guess we&#39;d never get attacked if we all rode bicycles to work?

  19. #19
    the original post claimed that OBL wants kerry to win..my response was to that....
    clearly OBL wants Bush for the reasons I have already stated..

    I just need to clear the heads of people who read the post and belive the hype..OBL is alive and well because of Bush failures...He is healthy and NOT on the run..He is still informed...and Bush is his VERY BEST salesperson and TOP recruiter...
    I have to believe that for the future of qeada..OBL is hoping Bush wins....

  20. #20
    You know, bman makes an interesting point,. albeit in his somewhat hard to read way....

    OBL is only alive and free to make the kind of tapes some say "endorse" Kerry, because G.W. Bush and his administration failed to bring the man behind 9/11 to justice.

    As a Non-Repub/Non-Dem voter, this is the kind of thing that bothers me. The fact that this deeply evil man still roams the earth, apparently free from persuit ("cause he&#39;s in Pakistan, and we can&#39;t go in there, doncha know" as some here have said...repeatedly) bothers me deeply.

    [quote][b]"We will make [u]no distinction[/u] between the terrorists who committed these acts and [u]those who harbor them[/u]." -- George W. Bush, 9/20/01 [/b][/quote]
    [quote][b]"And we will pursue nations that provide aid or [u]safe haven to terrorism[/u]. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists. [u]From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime[/u]." -- George W. Bush, 9/20/01 [/b][/quote]
    [quote][b]"And you all also may remember that early on, I said if you hide a terrorist, if you feed a terrorist, [u]if you provide comfort to a terrorist, you&#39;re just as guilty as the terrorist[/u]." -- George W. Bush rallies the troops in Alaska on 2/16/02 [/b][/quote]
    [quote][b]"America will [u]never seek a permission slip[/u] to defend the security of our country." -- George W. Bush, 1/20/04[/b][/quote]

    Why haven’t we gotten OBL Yet?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us