Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow -

Hall Of Fame
    Hey, all of us are passionately involved in this thing. That's obvious. None of us wants "our guy" to lose. Half of us will be elated, half of us devastated by the results of this thing. Regardless of what happens, we're all AMERICANS who live in the greatest country in the world. All of us are lucky as hell to live in a world in which we can waste oodles of time arguing with strangers on a free message board, and waste time watching the Goddamn J-E-T-S. Nothing that happens tomorrow is going to change that, no matter how deeply our concerns run regarding the catastrophy waiting for us if our chosen candidate loses. ;)

Anyway, not trying to sound [i]too[/i] lame (too late!) but I hope that we can all at least show some class towards each other afterwards....

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 04:44 PM
    [b] Hey, all of us are passionately involved in this thing. That's obvious. None of us wants "our guy" to lose. Half of us will be elated, half of us devastated by the results of this thing. Regardless of what happens, we're all AMERICANS who live in the greatest country in the world. All of us are lucky as hell to live in a world in which we can waste oodles of time arguing with strangers on a free message board, and waste time watching the Goddamn J-E-T-S. Nothing that happens tomorrow is going to change that, no matter how deeply our concerns run regarding the catastrophy waiting for us if our chosen candidate loses. ;)

Anyway, not trying to sound [i]too[/i] lame (too late!) but I hope that we can all at least show some class towards each other afterwards.... [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. I think that gloating would be unnecessary seeing as the other side will be devastated anyway. I just hope it's our side holding back on the gloating :D

If you think we will know tommorow your nuts.

flushingjet
    Going by Yankees - Red Sox I doubt it.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 05:44 PM
    [b] Hey, all of us are passionately involved in this thing. That's obvious. None of us wants "our guy" to lose. Half of us will be elated, half of us devastated by the results of this thing. Regardless of what happens, we're all AMERICANS who live in the greatest country in the world. All of us are lucky as hell to live in a world in which we can waste oodles of time arguing with strangers on a free message board, and waste time watching the Goddamn J-E-T-S. Nothing that happens tomorrow is going to change that, no matter how deeply our concerns run regarding the catastrophy waiting for us if our chosen candidate loses. ;)

Anyway, not trying to sound [i]too[/i] lame (too late!) but I hope that we can all at least show some class towards each other afterwards.... [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. we are all americans...no matter what happens we have to try and band together as a nation and stand behind the prez..whether new or incumbent.

USA USA U S A!

LL

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree also..But like Shadetree said it won't be over tomorrow..
    There are Lawyers all over the place.. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    I'd like to think it could be decided tomorrow but every indication looks like this one's gonna last a while like 2000's. Then everyone on here will be *****ing to each other about who won, or who should have won.

Hall Of Fame
    Well here we are. The day of the election. I have never felt this way about election day, it's like I am playing in the biggest game of my life today. I am nervous like when I was going in for my dream job interview.

Regardless of the outcome, lets all hope, pray, meditate (whatever you do) that this whole process at least turns out CIVIL, DECISIVE and with true Patriotic Professionalism.

Unlike many, I feel the president is OUR president, no matter who he is. Hopefully, everyone across America can make the same statement. Then we can, once again, be a nation UNITED against our enemies, UNITED in an effort to continue to improve our economy, UNITED in continuing to improve all of our quality of life.

Most of all, hopefully we can all continue to be FRIENDS and JET FANS!

Holy crap did we dominate last night. I LOVED IT!

Great Sentiment Jets5, as always you are a class act like no other on this forum.

However, since the odds against a Libertarian Suprise Victory are slim and none, I won't be gloating anyway, LOL!!! I'll be happy if the Libs (Libertarians that is, LOL!) get 1-2% of the total Popular vote. 5% would be a dream. but sadly one I don't see happening. Not YET at least, LOL! :D

Hall Of Fame
    Bush and Kerry Neither Bush nor Kerry had enough votes to win the election. Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the final winner. There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the manly way to settle things. The candidate that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins. The contest would take place on a remote and cold lake in Alaska. There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for counting and verification At the end of the first day, Kerry returns to the starting line and he has 10 fish. Soon, Bush returns and has zero fish. Well, everyone assumes he is just having another bad hair day or something and, hopefully, he will catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day Kerry comes in with 20 fish and Bush comes in again with none that evening, Dick Cheney gets together secretly with Bush and says, "I think Kerry is a lowlife cheating son-of-a-*****. I want you to go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is cheating in any way" The next night, after Kerry comes back with 50 fish, Cheney says to Bush, "Well, what about it - is Kerry cheating?'" "He sure the hell is," Bush says. "The son of a ***** is cutting' holes in the ice.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 03:02 PM
    [b] Bush and Kerry Neither Bush nor Kerry had enough votes to win the election. Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the final winner. There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the manly way to settle things. The candidate that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins. The contest would take place on a remote and cold lake in Alaska. There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for counting and verification At the end of the first day, Kerry returns to the starting line and he has 10 fish. Soon, Bush returns and has zero fish. Well, everyone assumes he is just having another bad hair day or something and, hopefully, he will catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day Kerry comes in with 20 fish and Bush comes in again with none that evening, Dick Cheney gets together secretly with Bush and says, "I think Kerry is a lowlife cheating son-of-a-*****. I want you to go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is cheating in any way" The next night, after Kerry comes back with 50 fish, Cheney says to Bush, "Well, what about it - is Kerry cheating?'" "He sure the hell is," Bush says. "The son of a ***** is cutting' holes in the ice. [/b][/quote]
    :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 02:02 PM
    [b] Bush and Kerry Neither Bush nor Kerry had enough votes to win the election. Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the final winner. There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the manly way to settle things. The candidate that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins. The contest would take place on a remote and cold lake in Alaska. There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for counting and verification At the end of the first day, Kerry returns to the starting line and he has 10 fish. Soon, Bush returns and has zero fish. Well, everyone assumes he is just having another bad hair day or something and, hopefully, he will catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day Kerry comes in with 20 fish and Bush comes in again with none that evening, Dick Cheney gets together secretly with Bush and says, "I think Kerry is a lowlife cheating son-of-a-*****. I want you to go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is cheating in any way" The next night, after Kerry comes back with 50 fish, Cheney says to Bush, "Well, what about it - is Kerry cheating?'" "He sure the hell is," Bush says. "The son of a ***** is cutting' holes in the ice. [/b][/quote]
    Oh I get it. Bush is stupid, right?

Lame

Hall Of Fame
    I voted for Bush. I think he's a lot smarter than people will ever give him credit for, while he'll never win a debate contest. I still think it's worth a giggle. No more of an agenda that that.

Equal time-

Kerry speaks to an Indian tribe out west, promising them all kinds of goodies if they vote for him. At the end , the Big Chief gets in front of the crowd of his assembled tribe and tells them that he will confer honorary membership in his tribe to John Kerry, and will give him the Indian name "Walking Eagle". The entire tribe begins to laugh, and Kerry, perplexed, asks the Big Chief why they're laughing. Big Chief responds, "Walking Eagle means A BIRD that IS so full of sh!t THAT IT CANNOT FLY."

Well, I voted for Kerry, so did the wife and many of my friends here. Thats 10 people made up of family and very close friends who are in the military off the top of my head who voted for Kerry. Does that tell you anything?

All of these active duty and reserves that I know of all voted for Kerry for a reason. Actually, I cant think of one person I know from this base that voted for Bush. Alot of unhappy soldiers, but you wont hear about that from the media. Good luck tonight Bush.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 04:17 PM
    [b] Well, I voted for Kerry, so did the wife and many of my friends here. Thats 10 people made up of family and very close friends who are in the military off the top of my head who voted for Kerry. Does that tell you anything?

All of these active duty and reserves that I know of all voted for Kerry for a reason. Actually, I cant think of one person I know from this base that voted for Bush. Alot of unhappy soldiers, but you wont hear about that from the media. Good luck tonight Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Wheres your base, San Francisco?

help is on the way

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 2 2004, 02:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 2 2004, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 04:17 PM
    [b] Well, I voted for Kerry, so did the wife and many of my friends here. Thats 10 people made up of family and very close friends who are in the military off the top of my head who voted for Kerry. Does that tell you anything?

All of these active duty and reserves that I know of all voted for Kerry for a reason. Actually, I cant think of one person I know from this base that voted for Bush. Alot of unhappy soldiers, but you wont hear about that from the media. Good luck tonight Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Wheres your base, San Francisco? [/b][/quote]
    Enlighten me, I dont understand what you mean by that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 05:43 PM
    [b] help is on the way [/b][/quote]
    From where? France?

All League
    TerryBadway &#39;The Nader Fan&#39;. Kudos to 5ever for offering a truce, for the last 2 years I&#39;ve been reading your posts I can firmly attest that you&#39;re a class act.

Hopefully the span of 2004-2008 will be more prosperous times than the previous 4, regardless of who wins tonight.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 05:44 PM
    [b] Hey, all of us are passionately involved in this thing. That&#39;s obvious. None of us wants "our guy" to lose. Half of us will be elated, half of us devastated by the results of this thing. Regardless of what happens, we&#39;re all AMERICANS who live in the greatest country in the world. All of us are lucky as hell to live in a world in which we can waste oodles of time arguing with strangers on a free message board, and waste time watching the Goddamn J-E-T-S. Nothing that happens tomorrow is going to change that, no matter how deeply our concerns run regarding the catastrophy waiting for us if our chosen candidate loses. ;)

Anyway, not trying to sound [i]too[/i] lame (too late&#33;) but I hope that we can all at least show some class towards each other afterwards.... [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;m in. you&#39;re a good man, 5ever. even if you&#39;re politically twisted ;)