Thread: Congratulations George Walker Bush and supporters

All League
    I would just like to be the first of the opposing party to congratulate George Bush on what ended up a fairly easy victory (which I'm sure surprised even some Republicans). It's not easy to say this, after voting for Kerry, but I can honestly say that I was never a true SUPPORTER of John Kerry, I just simply felt he was the lesser of 2 evils.

However, I realized nearing election day that Kerry really did very little in his campaign to show that he was a STRONGER candidate than Bush. All he ever did, even in the debates in which he seemed to have the edge, was that he was an ALTERNATIVE. Oh, and he also proved that he is, for all intents and purposes, a douchebag. :rolleyes:

Now, in no way am I saying that I was a Bush supporter. I am just giving credit where credit is due. Bush showed no reason why his supporters in 2000 should vote the other way in 2004, because Kerry never made a strong enough case for his side. Some of his ideals were ones that I have always held, but he never made a strong enough case that he could: 1) fight the war on terrorism more effectively, and 2) improve the economy better under his reign than under Bush.

So congratulations Bush, Republicans (and Zell Miller) for this win. He earned it, and I hope he proves to me and the rest of America that he was the right man for the job, because I know now that John Kerry most certainly did not prove that he WAS.

Hall Of Fame
    Very Classy Post.

All League
    One more thing: For those of you who are simply attacking the nation for electing Bush, you need to get over it, ASAP. We need to come together as a nation, because being divisive is what gets us into trouble in the first place.

George WASHINGTON warned us of this in the final days of his presidency. Whenever you have dissent among the populace between parties, nothing good can come out of it. I know that I have rarely gotten into a heated argument over the election, because I know that simply being educated and making your vote is way more important than ''defending your guy''.

I am ready to move forward with George Bush leading this country. I am certainly not thrilled about it, but I am proud of this nation and I certainly won't be moving to Canada anytime soon because he was elected. I truly hope we can at the least agree to disagree and all hope and pray Bush can lead us through a difficult stage in America.

JF80, you are truly one of the classiest Gentlemen I have ever encountered

I am proud to call you a friend, if you would even allow me that honor

And please accept my sincere apologies for any rethoric I may have used in the past which you found offensive ... I can think of no-one who deserves to be treated with respect more than you, and YOU DO have my upmost respect

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 02:30 PM
    [b] One more thing: For those of you who are simply attacking the nation for electing Bush, you need to get over it, ASAP. We need to come together as a nation, because being divisive is what gets us into trouble in the first place.

George WASHINGTON warned us of this in the final days of his presidency. Whenever you have dissent among the populace between parties, nothing good can come out of it. I know that I have rarely gotten into a heated argument over the election, because I know that simply being educated and making your vote is way more important than ''defending your guy''.

I am ready to move forward with George Bush leading this country. I am certainly not thrilled about it, but I am proud of this nation and I certainly won't be moving to Canada anytime soon because he was elected. I truly hope we can at the least agree to disagree and all hope and pray Bush can lead us through a difficult stage in America. [/b][/quote]
    I would like to be the second to congratulate the Bush supporters. I voted for Kerry as well but not because of his policies but as an anti-Bush vote. I actually liked Edwards better than Kerry. I never believed that Kerry had the Charisma to win....his one redeeming quality was that he did great in the Debates and made Bush look bad. However, the election is over and we must support our president.

I hope that in these 4 years, things will get better and all those campaign promises by Bush will be completed.

Congrats to all the Repub Jets fans.

LL

Lets us move forth and end the petty bickering that has cause so much disdain.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:23 PM
    [b] JF80, you are truly one of the classiest Gentlemen I have ever encountered

I am proud to call you a friend, if you would even allow me that honor

And plese accept my sincere apologies for any rethoric I may have used in the past which you found offensive ... I can think of no-one who deserves to be treated with respect more than you, and YOU DO have my upmost respect [/b][/quote]
    GJ & H, I think I'm tearing up. :lol:

Yes, I will ''allow you the honor'' to be my friend, though in time you will see that it's no ''honor'', just someone you have to deal with. :lol:

But seriously though, I just hope we can all move on and respect each other, whether you voted for Bush, Kerry, Nader, or wrote-in Donnie Henderson. I ask that Bush supporters who have gloated over their win to please keep it to a minimum, and for Kerry supporters to stop with the attacks. We're all Americans here (for the most part), and I am proud to say that. However, the divisiveness on this board, in DC, in American, is not something I'm proud of. Let's all watch Bush's acceptance speech coming up in 15 minutes; not as DEMOCRATS, REPUBLICANS, INDEPENDENTS, but as AMERICANS.

And anyone who can join me in this will have earned my respect and friendship as well.

Very classy post. We're all Americans who peacefully exercised our right to chose a president. I was pleased that Kerry took the high road (possibly against the advice of aides) and did the right thing for the country. There was no fix, no fraud, just democracy in action. Those on the left who can't accept that need to grow up. I didn't like when Clinton beat Bush and Dole, but I accepted it and the country did just fine.

Go Jets!

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WhoFanMe[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 07:56 PM
    [b] There was no fix, no fraud, just democracy in action. [/b][/quote]
    I don't know about that. There will only be true democracy when the popular vote decides the election. And don't think I say that because I am anti-Bush, because he would have won this election via the popular vote as well (but not in 2000). I just can't see why we need the electoral college.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

80 your Truly a Class Guy..You sure your a Dem?? Truth be told I
    think both parties have better men in them then what was shown..
    To bad the Dem's have gone so far left that Guys like Zell Miller are
    no longer respected for their views..But if they want to stay Left they
    should have picked Dean who at least believed the crap he talked about! :lol:
    Bush isn't the best or most eloquent Politician around but he believes in
    what he's doing is right..Any Vet like myself would never vote for Kerry
    who will never be forgiven for his actions when he returned from Nam.. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    It&#39;s a nice gesture, Jetsfan80, but it really doesn&#39;t mean anything to me. I never said President Bush was above legitimate criticism, but all I seen from the left and from democratic operatives for over a year now was vicious propaganda and disgusting lies about the man, and for what? To, by your own admission, replace him with a man who "never made a strong enough case that he could: 1) fight the war on terrorism more effectively, and 2) improve the economy better under his reign than under Bush".

Michael Moore sat with Jimmy Carter at the DNC. Is guilt by association fair? If this was an isolated incident, no. But this was just one thing in a pattern of John Kerry&#39;s life.

When the line was drawn in the sand, John Kerry was always standing on the other side of it with Jacque Chirac, Gerhard Schroeder, and Kofi Annan.

When you pushed the button for John Kerry, you pushed the button for Michael Moore, and the Michael Moron&#39;s of the world. You said "I approve of despicable and reprehensible behavior."

Character does matter, my friend. Unprecedented millions of voters who voted for President Bush is a testement to that.

I could go on and on, but whats done is done. Bush didn&#39;t win this election.

America won this election.

Jetsfan80, you seem to be a likable guy. But I can&#39;t respect you, or anybody else who pulled the lever for Kerry. I&#39;m just being honest here.

Most of the people on this board that voted for Kerry, I have no respect for, but more than that, I don&#39;t like them, either. They lack integrity.

As for my friend Gobbles, I know why he wanted Kerry to win the election-

He doesn&#39;t want to go back to Iraq. I don&#39;t blame him. I understand completely. But you know, we all have our personal agendas, but above all else comes national security.

The country comes first.

Maybe one day, the Democratic party will understand that truth. Until they do, they will continue to take beating after beating in national elections.

Gobbles, if you are reading this, you have nobody to blame but Bill Clinton. He cut the military in half. Sht hit the fan, now it&#39;s time to pay back all that "free college". Sucks to be you, but there it is. Sadaam had to go. Sooner or later. It had to happen on your watch, that&#39;s the way it goes. But that son of a ***** had to go.

Clown time is over for these Arab lunatics.

Back in &#39;95, when I had no job and a wife and a kid to support, I tried to get back on active duty and they told me to take it out on the arches. I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and did what I had to do to take care of me and mine.

My daily and accumulated prosperity has never been conducive upon whether a democrat or a republican was in office. I read some of the comments made by liberals on this board, and I just have to laugh. I&#39;d feel sorry for you, but I can&#39;t becuase you pose a danger to my survival, with your delusional thinking that effects the way you vote. You are who you are because of the choices you have made, and because of the behavior that you engage in. Period. Don&#39;t like your life? Do something about it. Stop blaming a political party, or the President, and grow the f**k up.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Nov 4 2004, 12:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetsfan80 @ Nov 4 2004, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WhoFanMe[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 07:56 PM
    [b] There was no fix, no fraud, just democracy in action. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know about that. There will only be true democracy when the popular vote decides the election. And don&#39;t think I say that because I am anti-Bush, because he would have won this election via the popular vote as well (but not in 2000). I just can&#39;t see why we need the electoral college. [/b][/quote]
    Because without an electoral college, the smaller less populated states would have NO voice, and that&#39;s not what the union that is the United STATES of America is.

Why would any candidate go to New Hampshire or Hawaii, if they could spend the same amount of time/money/effort in any other huge urban area and get more bang out of it.

Who cares what Arkansans think? You would if they have electoral college votes you need to get you over the top. Or Montana? Or Idaho?

ALL of those states combined, from a popular vote standpoint, are DWARFED by California alone.

No electoral college, then ONLY NY, Calif, Florida, Ohio, etc. the big states, matter.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 08:35 AM
    [b] Jetsfan80, you seem to be a likable guy. But I can&#39;t respect you, or anybody else who pulled the lever for Kerry. I&#39;m just being honest here.

Most of the people on this board that voted for Kerry, I have no respect for, but more than that, I don&#39;t like them, either. They lack integrity.

[/b][/quote]
    I aort of agree with some of what you said, but I can&#39;t say that I don&#39;t respect or dislike anyone as a result. I dislike Kerry, Edwards, Moore, and others who truly lied and mislead the American people, but I can&#39;t say that I dislike or disrespect that people that bought INTO that propaganda. I more feel SORRY for them than anything else, but it&#39;s Kerry, Edwards, Moore, Daschle, and a lot of Democrats in office that lied and misled to further their own agenda without thinking about the real results on this country. They were cancerous.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 4 2004, 11:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 4 2004, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jet Moses[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 08:35 AM
    [b] Jetsfan80, you seem to be a likable guy. But I can&#39;t respect you, or anybody else who pulled the lever for Kerry. I&#39;m just being honest here.

[/b][/quote]
    I aort of agree with some of what you said, but I can&#39;t say that I don&#39;t respect or dislike anyone as a result. I dislike Kerry, Edwards, Moore, and others who truly lied and mislead the American people, but I can&#39;t say that I dislike or disrespect that people that bought INTO that propaganda. I more feel SORRY for them than anything else, but it&#39;s Kerry, Edwards, Moore, Daschle, and a lot of Democrats in office that lied and misled to further their own agenda without thinking about the real results on this country. They were cancerous. [/b][/quote]
    Thank you. If you disrespect Michael Moore and the ultra-liberal agenda, fine. I don&#39;t respect them either. But how does nearly half of America &#39;&#39;lack integrity&#39;&#39; Jet Moses? I never bought into the Moore agenda, I simply voted for the candidate that fit my personal views best. Yes, America comes first, so does that mean that everyone who voted for Bush did it because they didnt have an agenda? Are Bush voters better citizens all of a sudden?

I will not stand for divisiveness in this country. If you want to question who I voted for and why I did so, fine. But do not question my integrity or my love for America. That&#39;s just plain bull**** and should not be taken seriously by anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Excellent Post. Very truthful and classy and there are a lot of posters on this board
    (including Repubs) who could learn a lesson from that.

Thank you for being honest.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:33 PM
    [b]
    Thank you. If you disrespect Michael Moore and the ultra-liberal agenda, fine. I don&#39;t respect them either. But how does nearly half of America &#39;&#39;lack integrity&#39;&#39; Jet Moses? I never bought into the Moore agenda, I simply voted for the candidate that fit my personal views best. Yes, America comes first, so does that mean that everyone who voted for Bush did it because they didnt have an agenda? Are Bush voters better citizens all of a sudden?

[/b][/quote]
    First of all, you can&#39;t rationalize away the fact that the Michael Moore faction of the Democratic party is a seperate entity and has nothing to do with your decision to "simply voted for the candidate that fit my personal views best". At some point, you have to look at the character of individuals, and ask yourself, do I want to compromise my integrity and dignity and vote for this guy simply because HE MIGHT do a few things that I find personally important? John Kerry could have recited a litany of things that Americans think are important, and it would not have been enough for me to overlook some of the disgusting and egregious things he has said and done in the past. Nor would it be enough to overlook the friends and associates he surrounded himself with. Indeed, he could have made his entire agenda similar to Sen Tom Tancredo&#39;s, and made this election about sealing the border. Whether or not that would have been politically expedient is another debate in and of itself, but the point I want to make is, when John Kerry says something, I have to automatically assume he&#39;s just saying it because he thinks its what people want to hear, and it&#39;s a conviction that is subject to change any way the wind blows.

Do you understand what I&#39;m saying? To me, John Kerry is such a despicable, horrible person, that even if he told me some BS that was supposed to appeal to me, and I actually believed he was sincere while saying it, I still could not vote for him without feeling sick to my stomach about what I did. To me, it would be like selling my soul to the devil.

What that man did, when he got back from Viet Nam, is inexcusable. It is an outrage. It was not an isolated incident. It was but one episode in an entire life dedicated to left wing, radical causes, that undermined American policy.

You can&#39;t violate trust like that, and just pretend it didn&#39;t happen.

There isn&#39;t enough clorox or brillo to scrub the slime off. That&#39;s just my opinion. You shouldn&#39;t worry about what I say, or what I think of you.

What&#39;s important is what you think about yourself. And I think, deep and inside, you do feel a little dirty for having voted for John Kerry, and all that he stands for-

Which shadows your "simply voted for the candidate that fit my personal views best".

[b]I will not stand for divisiveness in this country. If you want to question who I voted for and why I did so, fine. But do not question my integrity or my love for America. That&#39;s just plain bull**** and should not be taken seriously by anyone.[/b]

I&#39;m not the divider. The lib&#39;s were served notice: What they did to Miguel Estrada was wrong. It was reprehensible. The Left wing can look no further than that, and perhaps the Activist judge in Massachessetts who married gay people. Those two things were a huge reason why they lost.

I pray for the Democratic party. I pray it shakes off the radical, left wing loon&#39;s who have a stranglehold on it.

But I think their prayers to Satan are winning the day. Sucks to be them, but they made their bed and now they can lie in it.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:33 PM
    [b] [ But how does nearly half of America &#39;&#39;lack integrity&#39;&#39; Jet Moses? [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t say "half of america lack integrity because they voted for Kerry". I said most of the pro Kerry supporters on this MB lack integrity, and let me add I think they have low character.

I base that statement on the things they have said, and the behavior that they engaged in, during this campaign.

Having said that, would you agree that 50% of Kerry&#39;s supporters were MOVEON.ORG types? 43% were dyed in the wool democrats; partisan hacks. They vote for anybody with a D in front of their name.

The other 7% are guys like you, who heard Kerry say something that appealled to them, personally, and assumed that, upon winning the presidency, would actually keep his word. You know, like Clinton did. :rolleyes:

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+Nov 5 2004, 09:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ Nov 5 2004, 09:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:33 PM
    [b] [ But how does nearly half of America &#39;&#39;lack integrity&#39;&#39; Jet Moses? [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t say "half of america lack integrity because they voted for Kerry". I said most of the pro Kerry supporters on this MB lack integrity, and let me add I think they have low character.

I base that statement on the things they have said, and the behavior that they engaged in, during this campaign.

Having said that, would you agree that 50% of Kerry&#39;s supporters were MOVEON.ORG types? 43% were dyed in the wool democrats; partisan hacks. They vote for anybody with a D in front of their name.

The other 7% are guys like you, who heard Kerry say something that appealled to them, personally, and assumed that, upon winning the presidency, would actually keep his word. You know, like Clinton did. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Well, I suppose I can&#39;t argue with you, because you do have a much greater body of knowledge than I do. And trust me, I was never proud of voting for John Kerry. I think he&#39;s a douche and a flip-flopper, I just believed that we needed change, and most importantly in the cabinet. I felt that if Kerry could surround himself with a strong administration that he could turn this nation in the right direction.

And trust me when I say that Michael Moore did not influence my vote. Some democrats basically placed their vote with him and not Kerry, but I didn&#39;t do that. I was planning on voting against W well before that movie came out, mostly because of how he dealt with Iraq, and his economic and social policies. Now that I think about it, I would have felt better with voting for the Libertarian party, but that vote would have been essentially worthless.

I just don&#39;t think that I lack integrity or represent the ultra-liberal &#39;&#39;baby killers&#39;&#39; with my vote for Kerry. I am just an American making a decision.

And in 2008, if John McCain and Rudy Guliani are on the Republican ticket against Hillary Clinton (or a Kerry-like candidate), you can rest assured that my vote will go to the Republican party. I am all about the candidate, not supporting a particular party.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 04:28 PM
    [b] I just don&#39;t think that I lack integrity or represent the ultra-liberal &#39;&#39;baby killers&#39;&#39; with my vote for Kerry. I am just an American making a decision.

And in 2008, if John McCain and Rudy Guliani are on the Republican ticket against Hillary Clinton (or a Kerry-like candidate), you can rest assured that my vote will go to the Republican party. I am all about the candidate, not supporting a particular party. [/b][/quote]
    I hear ya.

We have to hold Bush accountable:

1.The Bush administration will start to eliminate the deficit that accumulated &#39;cos of 9-11 and general government expenditure to get out of the recession.

2. Clowntime is over in Iraq. Put the boot down on the "insurgency".

It can happen; we can have democracy in the middle east (besides Israel). Until all hope is lost, we have to believe. We have to have faith.

If so, Bush goes down in history as a great president.

I hope the Democratic party can get it&#39;s sht together. The left wing radical, class warfare crap is played out. We need competition, and a domination of either party is not good.

I would love to one day be torn between two candidates from either party, and feel like, no matter who I picked, they would do right by our great country, the United States of America.

Kerry? I wasn&#39;t feeling it, bro.

I wasn&#39;t feeling it at all. The better man won. The country won. And the people of the middle east won, if they want it.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+Nov 5 2004, 08:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ Nov 5 2004, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 04:28 PM
    [b] I just don&#39;t think that I lack integrity or represent the ultra-liberal &#39;&#39;baby killers&#39;&#39; with my vote for Kerry. I am just an American making a decision.

And in 2008, if John McCain and Rudy Guliani are on the Republican ticket against Hillary Clinton (or a Kerry-like candidate), you can rest assured that my vote will go to the Republican party. I am all about the candidate, not supporting a particular party. [/b][/quote]
    I hear ya.

We have to hold Bush accountable:

1.The Bush administration will start to eliminate the deficit that accumulated &#39;cos of 9-11 and general government expenditure to get out of the recession.

2. Clowntime is over in Iraq. Put the boot down on the "insurgency".

It can happen; we can have democracy in the middle east (besides Israel). Until all hope is lost, we have to believe. We have to have faith.

If so, Bush goes down in history as a great president. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. As long as Bush follows up on his policies, we can all agree that he was a good president.